Tetcher

Psymposia pamphlets against Martin Ball

62 posts in this topic

For a few weeks now a group of gender study people named psymposia is aiming at Martin Ball because of one of his talk where he explains how he used to vomit on people during his sessions and how some sessions were going sideways.

Their last podcast has an interesting angle of attack, as for Martin he is spamming responses to them in his apple podcasts channel. I thought I'd share this thread here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-entheogenic-evolution/id272825477

Edited by Tetcher
Adding link to Martin podcast for fair representation

Apparently there is little to none of his clients who came forth to denounce any wrong doing, on the opposite he seems to have the support of his clients. Psymposia would have loved to find one unhappy client and make him speak on their podcast. Furthermore the material they used to craft this angle of attack was out for years. 

If you listen to Martin's podcast he's theorizing that they went after him because of his proximity with Mark Haden who they were already at odds with. That's an ironic conspiracy thinking from someone who called Trump supporters delusional and bigoted. As for the psymposia people they are very much left leaning people, the girl with the tilted head is a doctor in gender studies apparently. So one way to see this is they are using antifa  like smearing tactics and going after the network of their target.

It's sort of funny to me how these "doctors" are deconstructing Martin Ball's practice line by line, as if they were combing through a legal document, when in fact Martin was just some hippie dude in hippie Oregon offering underground illegal shamanic work to other hippies.

The things they say have some merit in that Martin Ball engages in what I consider some weird and unnecessary practices, but what the fuck does one expect when working with an underground hippie shaman doing illegal drugs? Of course it's not going to conform to some strict medical ethical codes. Lol

These "doctors" might as well deconstruct how you and your buddy where sitting on the couch smoking weed and cracking jokes, but there was no consent from signed.

Personally I think the biggest flaw in Martin's approach is that he is smoking the 5-MeO-DMT along with the client. It's much more responsible to trip sit sober. If he was sober he probably wouldn't be doing weird stuff. Two people tripping together can way out of hand as the insanity cross-multiplies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

These doctors should get suspended for posting such a simplistic deconstruction of Martin Ball. Another great example of reductionism vs holism, just a basic holistic view of this situation can show that you definitely need a different kind of deconstruction than this.

I paraphrase, pigs fighting over ribbons, something like that.

Credibility and authority is a very trick social game. Once you get into that game, you gotta be super careful because everyone will be looking to discredit you. You gotta suit their standards.

Medicine, science, and academia are social reputation games. Your credibility in those fields matters way more than truth or depth of insight or consciousness.

They make some valid points, but they are really punching down here. Martin Ball is basically a nobody. He's a solo shaman guy. He's not some legit established doctor or scientist, and the people who see him are hippies of his own ilk.

This is not an issue I would spend any time worrying about. These "doctors" should be frying bigger fish, like the war on drugs. There is a sort of lack of priorities problem here. With all the shit going on in the world, Martin Ball is irrelevant.

Can someone explain to me what is the purpose of pouring water down the throat of someone who is tripping and barely breathing?

And why Martin would touch genitals of the participants? (I would guess he has no intention of doing this sober)

3 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

Can someone explain to me what is the purpose of pouring water down the throat of someone who is tripping and barely breathing?

And why Martin would touch genitals of the participants? (I would guess he has no intention of doing this sober)

Ahaha, I don't know about Octavio. His practices don't seem okay.

The genitals thing could be because of the chakras if he is doing energetic intuitive work. But, still concerning consent wise. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Personally, when I trip sit someone, my policy is to stay completely silent and not interfere at all as much as I can stand.

It's hard though. The ego really wants to interfere, get in there, and do stuff. But all that stuff is unnecessary.

I try to only talk when the person wants me to talk. But it's not always easy to just sit silently.

I think these shaman types get off on the idea that they are a vehicle for God and that their actions are important to the trip. So they get too proactive about it. Otherwise it would be hard for a shaman to justify his work/job. The shaman needs to bring his own personal touch to the process, put his own brand on it. Otherwise being a shaman would not be fun.

Of course the other big mistake here is that 5-MeO-DMT should not be vaped, it should be plugged. Especially for newbie clients.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I think it was as soon as Martin contributed to the Maps Psychedelic guide, the medical community needs to be critical. 

I'm on the MAPS Canada mailing list and Mark Haden recently sent out a letter distancing himself from Ball which is how I found out about this in the first place. Apparently they're removing Ball from the MAPS guide as a consequence of this Psymposia exposé.

@eggopm3 Ah, well.  Honestly, It makes sense to me given everything we know. We have to protect people, but I still think he has so much value to provide the community. I don't really agree with the approach psymposia is taking.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I have read on this forum that Martin Ball fucked himself up from doing to much 5 meo. Does anyone knows anything about that ? I have read that abusing psychedelics can cause damage to the energetic system.

@knakoo He did. It sounds like he did too much, too often for too long. He also doesn't seem to do anything like Yoga or Qigong which would restore balance to the Yin and Yang of his energetic system. He also doesn't really understand nutrition or the human body overly well.

Martin has a lot of Ego ahaha... He isn't perfect, but I still like the man.

Edit: It seems he does practice 'yoga'. But not real yoga. Don't take this to heart. I am just speculating.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 hours ago, knakoo said:

I have read on this forum that Martin Ball fucked himself up from doing to much 5 meo. Does anyone knows anything about that ? I have read that abusing psychedelics can cause damage to the energetic system.

There is no clear evidence of that.

Don't spread gossip.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@knakoo He did. It sounds like he did too much, too often for too long.

What evidence do you have?

His insomnia issues seem to have exists long back into his youth.

Don't spread gossip.

"gender study people" omg somebody kill me now

@Leo Gura Sadhguru has said that psychs can damage the energy system as well, but I’d love to hear a better explanation on it, not the physical one obviously. I’m betting it’s not true for everyone because neem karoli baba took 10 tabs of acid and it didn’t affect him allegedly.

I think maybe more research could clear this up and of course Sadhguru could be wrong. Still makes me wonder though.

Edited by Gidiot