Thetruthseeker

Disappointment in Eben Pagan

18 posts in this topic

I Just wanted to share my thoughts and disappointments on being on a ‘3 day summit’ with eben pagan today 

it was billed as a valuable 3 day content summit for people who’ve already paid for one of his premium courses (which I have) 

it was filled with sales pitches of his friends like marketer jeff walker...

which ultimately led to his 25 thousand dollar course. Which is only 12.5 thousand if you book today.
and consisted of 1.5 hours of sales pitches on his course 

as someone like eben is worth multi millions.. it just felt wrong that’s he’s offering a 12.5k to ‘help people’ In the time of a global Pandemic 

hes still great no doubt. And a stage yellow thinker. But the whole summit felt deep stage orange and I just didn’t believe him.  Felt like he was manipulating 

a real shame from someone who I wanted to trust 

Most of the self-help industry is like that. That's their entire business model and they are shameless about it. It's the most fine-tuned of grifts.

Still, his material is excellent if you exclude all the grift.

You guys have been spoiled by my non-griftiness ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Thetruthseeker Sadly I get this from Eben at times too. I can't knock his content though. And I do know he's a great man, he's changed countless lives. ... perhaps we wouldn't have Leo without Eben!

i once was deceived with shady marketing to buy a "8 week RSD personal 1 on 1  mentoring program" for it to end up being one instructor with few dozens of students on a zoom call where you type in a question and wait an hour + for an anwser , once a week. For 2300€

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

personal 1 on 1  mentoring program

Lol

You just know that's bullshit.

I don't trust Eben Pagan.

His book does not even sell well. He doesn't have much videos or subscribers on youtube or anywhere for that matter. 

He's the type of guy who is probably just using his book to propel himself into the coaching/speaking arena. 

He's focused on coaching though and I am sure his materials have improved slightly over the years but I don't and won't trust him.

Tons of coaches who may be better than him, even the younger ones. Even on this forum, people like Leo Gura, Emerald, Nahm are probably better and definitely much more willing to help. 

Edited by hyruga

10 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

as someone like eben is worth multi millions.. it just felt wrong that’s he’s offering a 12.5k to ‘help people’ In the time of a global Pandemic 

And since when did he owe people 12.5k? Helping people is a choice, not a necessity. He’s a businessman, not a charity.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Ps just to add I do think Eben has great products and courses. He’s really smart and I’ve learnt a lot from him ...

It’s sort of why I was just disappointed cos I do like him 

And Leo loves eben I think, so we probably wouldn’t have some of the great value in actualized 

@How to be wise

yeah of course, he’s a businessman and can charge what he wants. But I can’t explain it. It’s the pushiest I’ve seen him for a sale. And lots of people on the zoom where turned off saying it was ‘exhausting’ how long it went on. I don’t know... the way he did it just felt a bit manipulative and I saw through it. But I’m sure he’ll sell a ton and I’m sure it’s a great course 

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys have been spoiled by my non-griftiness ;)

:x

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I've been thinking of this and just how important trust is in marketing, and how easy It is to lose. 

I feel like I trust @Leo Gura the most when it comes to online coaches and I've been trying to work out why...If Leo brought out a course tomorrow, it's an instant buy. He wouldn't need to push sales 

I think its because even though Leo has an online course, he was still willing to put out content like 'The problem with marketing' 

This must have felt counterintuitive to put out a video like that, when he has an online course to sell. But the willingness and authenticity to be talk about the truth on marketing is the exact reason why he's the most trusted for me. Because where everyone else is creating the success illusion and marketing tactics, and trying to keep up that illusion so would never be able to say the truth about what's really going on in marketing.  The only one to tell the truth was Leo. This is why I think if Leo brought out a course tomorrow he would sell a thousand at least.... Because us true followers deeply trust him 

Its that counterintuitive reason of trusting someone as marketer the most who puts out content like 'the problem with marketing' 

My thoughts on this anyway. 

Thank you Leo for that great video on 'the problem with marketing' re watched today, and its just so true its unreal 

5 hours ago, John Lula said:

@Thetruthseeker Eben Pagan is simply a scammer in my eyes. Ever since I bought his book "opportunity", I realized he was taking his opportunity of upselling tf out of this book.

Careful with black and white thinking. This will hold you back from so much learning. That guy can certainly provide with tons of value. You're throwing the baby with the bath water

5 hours ago, John Lula said:

@Thetruthseeker Eben Pagan is simply a scammer in my eyes. Ever since I bought his book "opportunity", I realized he was taking his opportunity of upselling tf out of this book.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Business people are going to be business people if you go to any free training, conference, networking event, expect to be sold heavily into buying something, dont get mad thats how they make their money. There are many degrees of marketing/sales tactics ranging from organic to high pressure, most people are going to use the latter as it converts the most people.

The rule of thumb I use when buying courses is simple, has the person I'm about to buy from provided massive value to my life for free? Do I have the budget to invest this amount of money into myself? Will I I take responsibility and massive action if I go through with this purchase? If everything checks out and I do my research and ask questions about the product I'll buy it.

Chew the meat spit out the bones, think for yourself. At the end of the day you dont know if the information you get is enough to shift your life completely or not make a difference.

2 hours ago, Bando said:

has the person I'm about to buy from provided massive value to my life for free?

Hehe,

Have you considered how profoundly selfish that position is? ;)

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehe,

Have you considered how profoundly selfish that position is? ;)

Ofc but thats how the game works, there are certain people that I follow who if they decided to put out a product I would be 10x more likely to buy bc they've given me so much value. I almost feel guilty for not giving them my money lol

@Bando 
Yeah I get that position of going into something for free, and being a lead magnet type training... but this set up felt different 

we had already bought the ‘virtual coach’ 2K programme. And this was our 3 day summit conference graduation meeting, where we got together and had more bonus content (worth $997) as part of the programme 

then at least half of these 3 days were just upsells to his latest virtual coach accelerator that was strategically sprung on day 2, and you had to sign up by day 3 to get access. There was no mention of it, he brought in dean grazisio, jeff walker, we heard for 1 hour of all the virtual coach accelerator alumni ... it just went on and on and on. 

then everyone who couldn’t afford the 12.5k programme (15k on an 8 month payment plan) went into A different group on day 3, where then sold to again on a different programme. Which was just paying to meet on live group calls for a year, which was 2K 

I don’t know... the whole 3 day summit was meant to be a valuable event included for us who already paid 2K. It was 10% full of valuable info - but really was just a massive sneaky feeling upsell event. 

It felt like he was squeezing every last juice drop of cash out of it for little value 

and he didn’t need to do it. We already trusted him. Why not just do a great valuable 3 day conference and invite us in the last hour if we wanted to go further? 

but then again some people were disappointed like me, but most were lapping it up. It’s just sad how it’s ridiculously easy it is to manipulate the masses and herd. 

if I want to make money I could just follow what eben did, but it wouldn’t feel right. So I’m going to go down a longer road but keep my integrity 

O.o I just realised Eben is David DeAngelo. 

Ok he is free to take on more persona. I have nothing against that. This also explains why Eben is quite famous.

I don't really think many people will part with 12.5k or 25k for a 3-day course so most people should be paying only 2k or so which is a more reasonable price range for such a course. 

Haha they know that few people will listen to the sales pitch if they put it at the end so they have to just upsell strategically 'daily'.

@Thetruthseeker I was on the summit as well and was equally disappointed.

I was actually SUPER disappointed. Angry even.

You're right, I would've liked if Eben put their focus onto making a good summit instead of spending 6 hours trying to sell me something that is promising to help me do what I paid the original 2k to do.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Adam M interesting. 
yeah didn’t think I was alone in this thoughts. 
yeah it was super disappointing and a bit cringe.  
anyway my friend, all cool. You’ll get there on your own hero’s journey!