intotheblack

Vegan breakfast and lunch ideas

18 posts in this topic

I’m looking for new ideas of what I can eat for breakfast, and also for lunch, it should be healthy and plant based.

Preferably something that isn’t too complicated to make and doesn’t take a lot of time.  I spend more time on making dinner! 
Share your favourite ones :)

breakfast smoothie~

-Frozen fruit

-plant based milk

-Banana

-optional, vegan protein powder

It's Love.

23 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

breakfast smoothie~

-Frozen fruit

-plant based milk

-Banana

-optional, vegan protein powder

+ flax seeds (ground into flax meal) + dates + turmeric. Great suggestion! I make one every other day.

cooked quinoa with banana, pear, berries, walnuts and some plant based yoghurt

cooked buckwheat with a banana pudding (banana blended with 1/2 cup oat milk), berries, almonds and shredded coconut flakes

tofu scramble with turmeric, spinach, onion and garlic 

oatmeal cooked in a mix of oat milk and blended banana with anything you like on top 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

My go-to breakfast is some fruit or golden oatmeal - 1/4 cup of oats, 1 cup plant-based milk, something to sweet it up, and a half teaspoon of turmeric. I like to sprinkle some salt and pepper into it too.

A toast with mayo and avocado.

Ultra-quick oat cookies with peanut butter. 2 cups rolled oats, 5 spoons or more of honey/liquid sweetener/sugar, enough peanut butter to make it stick together, similar amount to the sweetener, half a teaspoon of baking soda, cinnamon or turmeric or vanilla to give it taste, optionally less sweetener but add choclate or rasins or dates instead.

Edited by Girzo

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

cooked quinoa with banana, pear, berries, walnuts and some plant based yoghurt

cooked buckwheat with a banana pudding (banana blended with 1/2 cup oat milk), berries, almonds and shredded coconut flakes

tofu scramble with turmeric, spinach, onion and garlic 

These all sound so good 

Today I had scrambled tofu with tomatoes, black beans and spinach with a toasted wholemeal wrap.  Normally I would just make myself a smoothie and a coffee...  but I started running this week so I’ve been feeling extra hungry ^_^

Here are my favourites:

1. Oatmeal in a bowl, put cooking water over it. Cut some banana, deets, apple whatever and put it in the bowl as well. Sprinkle cinnamon over and add dark chocolate on top. The melting chocolate is something out of this world.
  2. Same as 1. but without oatmeal and water. Just fruit salad basically. Maybe add strawberry, blueberry whatever.
  3. Bread with either peanut butter, hazelnut butter, almond butter, avocado, tomato sunflower spread, or chocolate.

Breakfast:

1. smoothie bowl: 2 bananas, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter

2. avocado toast

3. oatmeal  

Lunch: 

1. Quiona salad: 2 cups quinoa, 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 cucumber, 1 cup chickpeas, 1/2 small red onion, olives, cherry tomatoes

2. Curried Chickpea Soup: 2tbsp oil, 1 cup onion, 2tbsp ginger, chili, 4 cloves garlic, chickpeas, sea salt, 2tbsp curry powder, coconut milk, 1 cup vegetable broth, 1tsp maple syrup, 1tbsp lime juice

So far my favourite has been throwing different kinds of vegetables, onions, chilipeppers etc on the pan and frying them in olive oil, then throwing some cooked brown rice in there too and frying it. Its easy, it smells freaking awesome and its tasty.

A good tip for those who dont want to wash pans when making oatmeal: Put the oatmeal with salt in a bowl, pour heated water and then put a lid, say a plate on top, and let it cook for 5 minutes. The result is like the oatmeal was done in a pan. Its perfect way to do the breakfast if you hate the consistency you get from microwave.

I have to say, after a week on vegetarian diet I have already have my energy levels going rapidly up and cravings for food and candy going down. I didnt even have any precognitive idea of what happens when you start vegetarian diet, I just thought "Lets see what happens".

my latest smoothie is a blend of fresh spinach, blueberries, 1/2 of banana, 3 dates, spoonful of spirulina, spoonful of tahini, oat milk. 

a tasty and simple white bean recipe I came across, perfect to make in a big batch and eat for breakfast or lunch.  goes well as part of a salad bowl or served with toast. 

white beans with garlic, sage and tomato recipe...

dried white/cannellini beans, soak in water over night - the longer you soak them the better, reduces cooking time and is digested more easily.  also keep in mind that the beans expand, so don't soak too many.  

your desired amount of fresh garlic  

sage - dried or fresh

jar of tomato sauce Passata/chopped tomatoes

optional extra tomatoes or tomato puree 

vegetable stock

___

1. after the beans have soaked.. add them to a pot of boiling water, allow to cook until soft. 20 mins maybe longer. add extra water if needed.  prepare separately 500ml vegetable stock

2. in a pan sauté the garlic then add the tomatoes  

3.  drain the cooked beans and add them to the pan along with the vegetable stock 

4.  add the sage, and seasonings of choice 

5.  allow to stew and thicken up 

Edited by intotheblack

Overnight oats -> there are a lot of recipes online

hi there.
oats with dates for flavour

a sandwich from high quality whole bread with tahini and avocado/ your favourite whole foods.