Preety_India

Relationships are a joke. What do you think?

21 posts in this topic

I understand that relationships are needed for growth. 

But I'm beginning to think that relationships are a joke. What do you think? 

I kinda feel like the imperfections of two people combine to create a bigger imperfection. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It feels like a web. You know what I'm saying. 

15 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

relationships are a joke.

Existence is a joke, friend.

Basically, it’s all about choosing which particular aspect of this joke you want to laugh the loudest at, haha. 

Edited by xxxx

35 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I understand that relationships are needed for growth. 

But I'm beginning to think that relationships are a joke. What do you think? 

I kinda feel like the imperfections of two people combine to create a bigger imperfection.

What do you mean by joke here?

If the involved parties are unaware of their imperfections, then sure, it will probably get worse. Awareness is a game-changer. Once applied, it will work magic even if both parties are total train-wrecks.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

42 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I would not say relationships are a joke, but that relationships based on codependency create even more issues for all parties.

Fear based relationships never create real love - only more fear, suffering and ego. The same goes with everything.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Perhaps imperfection can be appreciated. In hindsight. Isnt that growth is? Realizing how immature you both were when you were together. There is a kind of beauty in the stupidity though. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

With all seriousness, it’s a joke. When you look at all factors... And there’s got to be tens of thousands of people that match with you in the world. Maybe hundreds.

Perfect fit equals smooth sailing?

A total disaster equals endless learning possibilities☺️

Edit: Lately I’ve been thinking/feeling like this: Since we are all one, whatever experiences I don’t have to/get to have , can some other person have/get. Right? So there’s no loss really...

Edited by At awe

The imperfection of two is always the divine perfection of One. When I am seeing how he / she needs to change, I’ve already veiled myself of the only relationship that could be said to matter. In the communion of love, in relationship with source, no one, no thing need change at all, and magically the mud is the divinity, and every imperfection says “here, here is the perfection of you!” 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Awareness & (self-)honesty: The other reflects you and through that you can feel whole because you recognize how you keep yourself not whole.

2 hours ago, At awe said:

So there’s no loss really...

There is loss for the individual identity.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

They're not a joke. Life is relationships. You have a relationship to your food, to objects you own, to your friends, family etc.

The problem, for various reasons, is that we're not very good at them.

Everyone wants to be independent. But independence has a price.

@Preety_India 

Do you think your relationship with yourself is also a joke? What is a relationship to you?

And what makes one imperfection bigger than the other? After all, what you consider imperfect, is perfectly relative. And perfection itself is too. What is it that you are pointing at other than a sense of separateness? 

@Preety_India Relating with others is great. You are always interacting. Either with others, something or yourself. This is the reason why the illusion exists. To pretend experiencing another.

But relationships as you say, are signs of inmaturity. The only thing you will learn from it is seeing ur shadows getting triggered, insecurities and how immature our consciousness is. Choosing slavery over freedom is pure inmaturity of ego consciousness. 

On the other side, the more one pointed you can be in your life on to what really matters, the better you will be even if society and the mind thinks other wise. You will be fine with yourself, in the correct path. For me, relationships are a waste of time. This doesnt mean sharing and enjoying with others is not great. There is a distinction. As soon as someone try to trap you, run from them. Unconsciously they wanna throw their karma (misery) on you through pretense and smiles.

My view of friendship was always as osho describes it. Unfortunately, people do not think the same way. Thats when I had to wake up on that aspect and distance my self from most people not vibrating on the same frequency. 

c40077b3d86f9bdd70ae6b5dc6a25f0d.jpg

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

1 hour ago, aurum said:

Everyone wants to be independent. But independence has a price.

This is so damn true. I recently read in a classic personal development book that we go from dependence to independence to interdependence. This really hit me, even in the spiritual sense. You could see it from many angles, but to me it stood out to see that: yeah it's actually amazing not to be independent of anything else. Being the oneness of everything, how could a part of it be independent? This also greatly applies to relationships. Having the foundation of being independent, being whole and in harmony in oneself, only then is true interdependence possible. And it's beautiful, not weak. Ram Dass talks about this is in "Going Home" on Netflix. Very touching. Quite a new angle for me.

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

The imperfection of two is always the divine perfection of One. When I am seeing how he / she needs to change, I’ve already veiled myself of the only relationship that could be said to matter. In the communion of love, in relationship with source, no one, no thing need change at all, and magically the mud is the divinity, and every imperfection says “here, here is the perfection of you!” 

If no thing need change at all, why does everything change all the time and nothing is permanent?

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

My thoughts lately, that romantic relationship is a huge distraction to fulfill one’s dreams..

And most relationships are created because of the need to survive and reproduce. Which is kinda basic for me?.

Do what makes you happy and makes you feel good. Fuck norms lol

28 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

If no thing need change at all, why does everything change all the time and nothing is permanent?

Because everything is a thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

This is so damn true. I recently read in a classic personal development book that we go from dependence to independence to interdependence. This really hit me, even in the spiritual sense. You could see it from many angles, but to me it stood out to see that: yeah it's actually amazing not to be independent of anything else. Being the oneness of everything, how could a part of it be independent? This also greatly applies to relationships. Having the foundation of being independent, being whole and in harmony in oneself, only then is true interdependence possible. And it's beautiful, not weak. Ram Dass talks about this is in "Going Home" on Netflix. Very touching. Quite a new angle for me.

Yeah you got it.

Almost everything in nature is interdependent.

The benefit of independence is that you don't have to rely on anyone and no one relies on you. But ironically, the cost is exactly the same.

Do you really want to rely on yourself?

And of course most people in western culture would say "yes!". But this is just a product of our particular culture.

No wonder people are so fearful and constantly feel like they have to fight to survive. They are trying to rely on themselves instead of seeing support all around them.

And then that of course becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Cultures that believe in independence end up destroying relationships and community.

3 hours ago, aurum said:

No wonder people are so fearful and constantly feel like they have to fight to survive. They are trying to rely on themselves instead of seeing support all around them.

Fuck, this somehow really strucks a chord. It's such a beautiful understanding and way to perceive, and it makes a certain coldness that is surrounding this whole "do it on your own" thought completely disappear. It truly feels like a step forward into love and embodiment. That's what commUnity can be.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:37 AM, Khr said:

Exactly. I think it also explains why in North America there is such a big problem with homelessness and people with mental issues - it is a culture where everyone is for themselves.

I agree with this.