Gesundheit

Can reality be any other way?

61 posts in this topic

And if yes, why isn't it?

Other ways may include: immortal beings, aging backwards and back and forth, no negative emotions, all negative emotions, no need for sleeping, no diseases, etc...

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Thats like asking can this dancer be spinning any other way then clockwise, and if so why isnt it:

How to see it spinning the other way? Meditation, contemplation, yoga, psychedelics.

NOPE. 

it cannot be otherwise. Why? 

Because it desgined with love and for love and from love. It is the manfistation of love. This is how love manfiest itself. How could it be otherwise? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

14 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

And if yes, why isn't it?

Other ways may include: immortal beings, aging backwards and back and forth, no negative emotions, all negative emotions, no need for sleeping, no diseases, etc...

It’s infinite. It’s every way

God would never create you with a dick in your face as Leo said once. Why? Becuase it is not love to do so. Love worked through natural selction and evolution to manfiest itself. 

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

15 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

How to see it spinning the other way? Meditation, contemplation, yoga, psychedelics.

Can reality be any other way than this? And if yes, why isn't it?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

If it was "any other way", it would be that way, too. No?

Perhaps you are asking if The Infinite includes infinite infinities.

Or, maybe you're just alluding to different perceptions, but those are still within Infinity, hehe.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Can reality be any other way than this? And if yes, why isn't it?

Assuming this is THIS in the context you wrote it:

if you say reality is this, then it is not that. If its not that, then what IS that?

If by THIS you mean everything. Then what's beyond everything? If you say X is beyond everything, then what is X?

You might get the pic eventually that reality is everything imaginable.

It doesn't matter that you are literally not an elephant right now, and that you're a human for your inquiry. Your inquiry does not require you to hallucinate being an elephant, a bug, a mortal, etc. This would not quench your curiosity. Try and see that. Because for everything you'd hallucinate, you'd still say "but I did not hallucinate X, Y, Z, why is that? Why only A, B, C, D, E, ..."

Why are you a human right now instead of an elephant? That inquiry assumes that there is some profound answer to that question. But maybe there isn't. Not saying its random, but maybe your life being a human right now instead of an elephant has no real significance, and you're trying to chase a significance that isn't there in the first place.

There is definitely a profound answer around the place you're looking, but you're looking not quite in the right location. You're looking at the dust particles on the window instead of looking through the window into the beautiful scenery. In other words, you're looking too myopically. You need to throw away the need to know exactly why you're a human instead of an elephant and go meta on what reality actually is. What actually is a human to you? Not why are you a human instead of X, WHAT IS a human? What makes a human different to an elephant? How do you know those differences are real? What makes a human the same as an elephant? Why is a human living and a rock isn't? How do you know that? What if rocks have souls too? Sounds absurd but you might discover your answer in that direction.

If by reality you mean transcendent reality, No.

If by reality you mean relative reality, Yes.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Everytime you go to bed and dream you prove that reality could be any other way you imagine it to be. 

Why is the waking reality consistent?  To answer this question you must answer what IS this waking reality first? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

There are infinite realities. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

21 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Define reality. 

You know what I'm referring to. Why would I turn it into a concept?

Other way? It is all ways, in this way it is one way, yay!
God is expirencing all of itself and right now this is the way it is.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

22 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Can reality be any other way than this? 

If one defines reality as a certain way, then it cannot be another way based on that definition. If I define reality as “this”, of course it cannot be “that”. I’ve already defined it as “this”. 

Underling this mindset is an assumption that there is an objective, external reality that is “this”. Based on that assumption, of course this is this and not that. There is some fluidity in that construct, yet it is mostly rigid. It would be like asking “Can rocks float as if there is no gravity? If so, why don’t they?”.

But if the mind does not accept an objective, external reality - rigid form becomes very fluid and potential is greatly expanded.

@electroBeam Hey, oh, hey! I literally just asked one question. I don't know where you got all that from.

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

Everytime you go to bed and dream you prove that reality could be any other way you imagine it to be.

Again, I would have to go with: Can reality be any other way than this? And if yes, why isn't it? What you said is just one story for how reality is. Can that one story be different? And if yes, why isn't it?

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

Why is the waking reality consistent?  To answer this question you must answer what IS this waking reality first?

Consistency is another interesting subject for me, and it does fall under the original question, but it's not the heart of the inquiry for me here.

And I certainly don't know what the waking reality is, so I'm not sure I'll follow here.

Edited by Gesundheit

How could a being be mortal? 

The mere defintion of the world implies Isness, therefore, Inmortality.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

How could a being be mortal? 

The mere defintion of the world implies Isness, therefore, Inmortality.

I meant immortality as form.