UnbornTao

Levels of Consciousness

65 posts in this topic

Don't take the concept of levels of consciousness too seriously:

Edited by UnbornTao

Isn't he saying that there are no levels in the same way that there are no objects? "Everything is just awareness". Of course from that perspective there are no levels, but that's not practical or concrete, it's philosophical. You can't use arguments from a philosophy in a concrete, human-level, down to earth discussion, it doesn't match.

Haha

That's some Ralstonian bullshit.

There are infinite degrees of consciousness and nobody in Ralston-land, including Brendan, has become remotely conscious of them.

And awareness/experience IS consciousness, as if it were not that would result in a substance duality.

"Levels" is not the best term for it. "Degrees" is better.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Since there are infinite levels of consciousness, there are no levels of consciousness.

8 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Since there are infinite levels of consciousness, there are no levels of consciousness.

You can act cute all you want, but in the end you're bullshitting yourself.

You have no clue how conscious you can be. What you got now is like the consciousness of an ant.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What you got now is like the consciousness of an ant.

What you've got now is the consciousness of an ant, and always will be, because how high you can go never ends.

Ants are deeply awake from a cell's POV, yet are deeply asleep from Trump's POV.

Oh no, not this again. I'll let David Hawkins explain himself on what he thinks about pure zen types or Ralston types (not that I agree or am passionate about a numerical scale, but the realisation of love aspect. ) 

---

I'm enjoying this Brendan video though. I definitely agree that trying to use a hawkins scale or something very seriously is stupid

I like the bottom half of the model, courage and below. It's kinda like a rough heuristic. I kinda feel like I've "verified" some of the bottom levels. 

And these levels of consciousness circles are a big trap. 

--

None of what I've said is related to the crux of the matter, of absolute vs relative, degrees of understanding reality. Just about some of these circles being a trap and not believing in the models. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can act cute all you want, but in the end you're bullshitting yourself.

You have no clue how conscious you can be. What you got now is like the consciousness of an ant.

It was practically a figure of speech. I might as well say what you got now is like the consciousness of an ant. But I know that'd be a misled conclusion. I'm here. I assume you're here. We're it. I am you. It's boundless. This is everything, which isn't anything. Bunch of bullshit words, but whatever.

I've experienced heaven and hell, in full infinite beauty and horror.

You've experienced heaven and hell I'm sure. You can't imagine it now. Neither can I. Yet, this is heaven.

Edited by The0Self

@Leo Gura can you answer my question in the meditation section. Been waiting. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Humans and their silly disagreements.

Consciousness does not exist.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Arzola ajdhdudhwjdjh but does this mean my level is not over 9000 as jajaji told me...

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

i think we need to differentiate between consciousness and Consciousness

a baby is Conscious but not as conscious as a Zen master. :P 

a baby is too ignorant (in the literal sense) to reflect on reality while a Zen master is obviously not yet its obvious that its conscious

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

i think we need to differentiate between consciousness and Consciousness

a baby is Conscious but not as conscious as a Zen master. :P 

a baby is too ignorant (in the literal sense) to reflect on reality while a Zen master is obviously not yet its obvious that its conscious

The Word of God

Luke 10:21-24

At that same hour Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, 'I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.'

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

The Word of God

Luke 10:21-24

At that same hour Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, 'I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.'

Cant argue with a 2000 year old book. :) 

@Rilles we talk about subject which is timeless. Need to give more credit to the Bible. 

I do believe people on here can benefit from opening a Bible and reading a few verses.. Use spirit to show you what you need maybe. For me it has been quiet relevant on my journey. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

4 minutes ago, Dodo said:

@Rilles we talk about subject which is timeless. Need to give more credit to the Bible. 

I do believe people on here can benefit from opening a Bible and reading a few verses.. Use spirit to show you what you need maybe. For me it has been quiet relevant on my journey. 

I was teasin ya! I like the Bible alot, especially Ecclesiastics. I just cant say something about the statement... Its too poetic and non-specific. What has he hidden? Were not told. 

Edited by Rilles

Shall we also disregard other models such as the 10 Ox Herding Pictures in your opinion? 

That is quite literally the same thing, just in picture form. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

I was teasin ya! I like the Bible alot, especially Ecclesiastics. I just cant say something about the statement... Its too poetic and non-specific. What has he hidden? Were not told. 

Ask a baby

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

33 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Ask a baby

All I will get for an answer is "Gu-gu ga-ga" How shall I interpret?

Just now, Rilles said:

All I will get for an answer is "Gu-gu ga-ga" How shall I interpret?

That's it! Omfg let me write my notes slow down

5 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Humans and their silly disagreements.

Consciousness does not exist.

Actors exist at the higher levels of consciousness,  reactors exist lower and we have a spectrum about many things. 

Shoes, shoeless is also a spectrum. Someone might have sandals.

We can speak about an infinite spiral and say with accuracy that there are levels and as well that there arent. All depends how we look at it... Buncha words and wise guys over here everyone more enlightened than the other when we are all nothing. 

I want to be nothing and no one. I don't want to be correct, disregard my comment as it comes from noone and is directed at noone. Heheheh highest level of enlightenment is being noone! 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟