The Don

The So-Called "Trump Supporters" Are Not Actually Hardcore Trump Supporters

30 posts in this topic

Hi.

Many people believe that Trump supporters are dumb and stupid, equating them with the dregs of society.

This mindset towards the people who vote for Trump is foolish and nonetheless, wrong. I don't stand with Trump because I like his character, neither those who vote for him.

I fully understand that Trump is a narcissistic guy who doesn't have a bit of emotional intelligence.

It's absolutely true that Trump has an obsession for success and fame.

These are not desireble traits in a human being but all of us has them. We're all manipulative and narcisisstic to a certain degree.

Those undesirable traits come from the way we were raised in childhood.

On the other hand, Trump is aligned with the constitution. He believes in freedom. That's why so many people are voting for Trump.

I don't want other people to have power over me. I like the idea of a small government, where people have to put in the work to develop a better society.

Trump is certainly not perfect and definitely not a tyrant.

Freedom is a constitutional right that HAS TO BE PROTECTED. Freedom is a good value to have. Just imagine yourself not having the right to speak freely.

And I have to admit, I don't like Trump that much, but I like the fact that his administration is aligning with America's constitution.

As long as the government doesn't have power over you and the society you live in offers you freedom, be grateful. You're just fine!

Me on the road less traveled.

32 minutes ago, The Don said:

He believes in freedom.

The biggest lie.. 

A man who believes in freedom wouldn't talk about jailing Barack Obama and Biden without a shred of evidence or even for the fact that there are not held suspicious of anything at all.

You call this freedom, where a man does not even believe in due process, and the delusional crowds cheering for the arrests of people who are not even accused of anything. 

That guy is a total modern day personification of nazi - esque totalitarian tyrant. The total Antithesis of Freedom. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, The Don said:

He believes in freedom

No he doesn't. He believes in nothing and is concerned only with personal gain. He panders to the right by using words like "freedom" so he can secure their vote to remain in power.

Freedom is a constitutional right that HAS TO BE PROTECTED

What kind of freedom are you referring to? The constitution grants a few specific freedoms. And, the constitution isn't going anywhere regardless of which party is in office. It's pretty darn protected.

Freedom is a good value to have

I agree, but America doesn't value freedom. Freedom is only possible when the majority is presented with opportunity enabling them to pursue what's subjectively meaningful. Instead, Americans are forced to work long hours for shitty jobs completely devoid of value. People care about health, family, recreation, education, and meaningful work. The majority of people don't have such freedoms.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

The biggest lie.. 

The biggest lie? I simply don't lie.

How about Trump's appointments to the Supreme Court?

Those conservative justices that love the constitution of the United States. What about them?

Are they the antithesis to freedom?

I don't see Trump trying to get rid of the 1st amendment.

I don't see those Supreme Court justices trying to undermine USA's constitution.

Actions speak louder than words.

And by the way, a lot of what Trump says is bull$hit. He tries to get attention from the media. He's an expert at this.

Edited by The Don

6 minutes ago, ivory said:

No he doesn't. He believes in nothing and is concerned only with personal gain.

How do you know what he believes in?

4 hours ago, The Don said:

Just imagine yourself not having the right to speak freely.

Lol

And what do you have to say about Trump's interference in social media and the press? 

I'm not an American and (hence) not as conversant in American politics and laws, but as far as I've understood, the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to restrictions imposed by non-government actors/organizations (such as social media and the press), right? 

Which means that Trump can't interfere with social media censoring their users posts. He still does it tho. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/?fbclid=IwAR0x1LYue5Nrq45LPJ_-bIiAd4pTYGpjxm1h0SigOMMbz9i703kht61J5Ds

How exactly is this aligned with freedom (of speech) and he constitution?

He is a sneaky liar who has no interest other than himself.

Edited by Tim R

Trump is great at protecting the freedom to go maskless, avoid social distancing and spread covid to the people around them.

To still be supporting Trump in 2020, one or more of the following most likely applies ;

(1) The person is a literal white supremacist who wants to live in a White Ethno-State

(2) The person is part of the tiny economic elite that happens to be benefitting personally from Trump's looting of the country, and has found a way to rationalize thier highly selfish behavior

(3) This is the most likely : the person is at a low stage of cognitive and moral development, and is vulnerable to being manipulated by  a charismatic con-man who knows how to capitalize on conspiracy theories and propaganda to advance his own highly selfish egoic agenda.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

8 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

To still be supporting Trump in 2020, one or more of the following most likely applies ;

I'm not going to label those who support Trump or Joe Biden. I believe in the right to choose your candidate and vote for whomever you want. That's democracy.

@The Don  well you got some thick blinders on your eyes. What more  can I say? 

I have no clue how at this point after watching the whole showdown, how someone can still like Trump? 

He is a maniac at best and a tyrant at worst. 

But you drank the Trump kool-aid lol 

Good luck. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Trump is just a human being like all of us. He has many flaws.

And I agree that Trump is a narcissist, but he's not a tyrant or an evil individual. That's too far.

Hitler, Stalin and Mao, these were the real tyrants.

You guys are going too far when talking about Trump.

We have to guard freedom and I believe we can all agree regarding this topic.

28 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Is Biden anti freedom?

27 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Is Biden anti freedom?

42 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Not necessarily but I wouldn't want to pay too much in taxes.

1 minute ago, The Don said:

Lmfao. You don't have to pay much in taxes. Biden is going to raise the tax only for a specific group. The higher income group. It's important to tax them 

4 minutes ago, The Don said:

Why do you think high taxes are bad? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

7 minutes ago, The Don said:

He said he'd raise it on the uber wealthy.

1 hour ago, The Don said:

We have to guard freedom and I believe we can all agree regarding this topic.

Well just be aware that you're defending an Authoritarian who, without any hyperbole, is doing everything he can to undermine Democracy through widespread Voter suppression and a campaign of misinformation to throw doubt on an upcoming election that he is very likely to lose. This is also someone who has committed Treason against the United States by conspiring with foreign powers to interfere with our elections, and has bribed other countries with promises of military aid in exchange for political favors. If you value freedom, how do you feel about Trump's comments that war veterans who died in service to our country are 'suckers' and 'losers'? 

How the Hell do you square any of that with an honest notion of 'freedom'? Conservatism is one thing, but Trump is a con-man who's been manipulating Conservatives into flirting with Fascism in order to Loot the country, and to avoid having to be held responsible for the long list of corruption charges that he's likely to spend time in court fighting once he no longer has the legal protections of the Presidency to shield him.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

If it's true that Trump believes in freedom, it is more true of Biden. It isn't like Biden is dying to steal your freedoms. Trump can make things seem black and white, but it simply is not true.

Taking protestors into an unmarked van, which happened under Trump, doesn't exactly scream freedom to me.

Trump gives big corps the freedom to pollute. They should not have this freedom.

Freedom for freedom's sake can be toxic OP.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

4 hours ago, The Don said:

How about Trump's appointments to the Supreme Court?

Those conservative justices that love the constitution of the United States. What about them?

Are they the antithesis to freedom?

I don't see Trump trying to get rid of the 1st amendment.

Trump's appointments to the supreme court are unbelievably toxic and problematic.

Their entire modus operandi is to STRIP FREEDOM from women, minorities + poor people.

So yes, they are the antithesis of freedom.

Nobody is trying to get rid of the 1st amendment. This is a conservative myth :)

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

OP's political ideology in its entirety:

• Government scary, government bad
  • Constitution good

I'd recommend digging a little deeper, man.