PurpleTree

Why is eating meat "bad" or less evolved lets say?

309 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

From a spiritual standpoint?

 

Since the universe is just creating and devouring itself and consciousness wants to just experience and explore.

 

Is a lion bad for eating a gazelle, is a cat bad for playing with and killing birds and mice as a hobby? If not why is a human bad or less evolved for eating a cow or a chicken?

Edited by PurpleTree
faults

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

From a spiritual standpoint?

Most spiritual people here aren't vegan or vegetarian as I understand. So, if there were a spiritual reason, they probably wouldn't know.

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Since the universe is just creating and devouring itself and consciousness wants to just experience and explore.

Yeah, but that applies also to a murderer killing people.

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Is a lion bad for eating a gazelle, is a cat bad for playing with and killing birds and mice as a hobby? If not why is a human bad or less evolved for eating a cow or a chicken?

You can't reason with a lion or cat.

Because the human doesn't see himself in the cow or chicken.

Edited by neutralempty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no crime in eating meat from a universal standpoint. We were raised to eat meat from early childhood so we are all innocent in this matter. However, eating meat makes your body more "dense" and therefore slows down you spiritual evolution a bit. You also get the animal characteristic of the animal you are consuming. It also slows down the spiritual evolution of the animals as we continuously kill them. We are interconnected with the animals and therefore we slow our spiritual evolution down by killing them. By slowing them down we slowing ourself into Godhood. There are huge dark energy flowing from the butcher houses off the slaughtered animals into our earth that as seen by some clairvoyants, and that "dark energy" makes our collective couscioussness more depressed and psychotic without it knowing . It is also "immoral" to have other people butcher the animals for us and degrade their spiritual insight while we avoid the consequences by buying meat in the supermarket. There are also "Good" stuff to this but this is the "bad" stuff i have read.

 


“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I eat meat, but there are definitely issues with it. One is the suffering inflicted through the farming process, animals are sentient beings, maybe their brains aren't as complexed as ours but they can still feel pain, fear and a wide variety of complexed emotions. The way the current farming process operates causes a lot of pain. 

Also there is no balance we consume much more than we need, no other animal does this. As we become more conscious we will realise the suffering we're causing. In the same way as people would've justified killing humans in the past and probably still do, we justify torturing and eating meat but as consciousness rises I don't think we will consume animals on the same way or at all 

Edited by Consept

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@PurpleTree Nothing "bad" about survival. The videos cover this topic in detail, including hierarchies of survival evolution. 

Edited by integral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, integral said:

@PurpleTree Nothing "bad" about survival. The videos cover this topic in detail, including hierarchies of survival evolution. 

Survival of whom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things that make us human is our ability for compassion and empathy. If you asked people to kill a cow or a pig themselves with a knife, they could not do it. Maybe if their life depended on it. Also, unless you are a psychopath, if you see an animal being tortured it will affect you in some way emotionally.

It's not all "hierarchy" or the circle of life or whatever. Would you be okay if the rich people decided it is okay to eat and kill poor people just because they are higher in the social hierarchy? Of course not. You can't compare the behavior of wild animals with sophisticated human beings. Humanity has evolved spiritually and emotionally and is perfectly capable of employing higher ethics. And in a lot of cases we are. 

Eating meat also has nothing to do with survival. It's a total luxury and you can survive just as well without eating meat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe start asking yourself serious questions where you have to make difficult choices, that lead to unethical consequences, life does not run on your perfect imagination, if you are not one who will have to make them, someone else will have to, only luxury here is your opinion based on your personal experience. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vizual said:

One of the things that make us human is our ability for compassion and empathy. If you asked people to kill a cow or a pig themselves with a knife, they could not do it. Maybe if their life depended on it. Also, unless you are a psychopath, if you see an animal being tortured it will affect you in some way emotionally.

It's not all "hierarchy" or the circle of life or whatever. Would you be okay if the rich people decided it is okay to eat and kill poor people just because they are higher in the social hierarchy? Of course not. You can't compare the behavior of wild animals with sophisticated human beings. Humanity has evolved spiritually and emotionally and is perfectly capable of employing higher ethics. And in a lot of cases we are. 

Eating meat also has nothing to do with survival. It's a total luxury and you can survive just as well without eating meat. 

Do you think plants etc. could have some kind of awareness too and wouldn't want to be eaten or cut down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

Do you think plants etc. could have some kind of awareness too and wouldn't want to be eaten or cut down?

 

Of course, it's totally possible they have some kind of low awareness. But as far as I know, plants don't have a brain, the ability to process emotion and pain, a nervous system and a sentient awareness. Don't get me wrong, animals definitely have a lower awareness than humans, but quite a sophisticated awareness nonetheless compared to plants. 

The hypocracy of humans is exemplified by research that has shown a higher intellect in pigs than in dogs. Yet look at how we, as a society, treat dogs vs pigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eating an animal consciously, there is great respect and gratitude for its life, using one to fulfill your desire for pleasure becomes something entirely different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@willl Why can't you be grateful for eating plant-based foods though? Why do animals have to suffer and die for your consumption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PurpleTree the method of mass production for meat is usually lower quality and unconsciously done. The emotions and dietary state of the animals isnt really taken into consideration. Therefore, an unconscious way of killing these animals results in unconscious food being sold to unconscious people who are unconscious of the way their food is made. 


"As long as you're enthralled by a lifeless form, you're not free."

-A Buddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vizual I don't know why these spiritual entities just don't give people a trip through a slaughter house when they take psychedelics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Humans have an obligation to nature because humans are at the top of the food chain, the greatest predator.. 


 Don't sell your soul short

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/55544-stage-pink/  Our commitment to be positive and to do good should be so strong that it will drown out all forces in the world. 

Hope Faith Peace Power Love Positivity Empower us to shape a world marked by ways of life that lead to justice and peace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Because in today's day and age killing animals for food is unnecessary, at least in the developed world.

In the absence of necessity how do we justify taking an innocent animal's life? I'd argue that most people do it for no other reasons than taste and tradition.

If you value your taste buds more than the life of another being that wants to live just like we do, this is inherently less evolved and conscious than not choosing to kill purely for pleasure, if you ask me.

Edited by datamonster

We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. - Winnie The Pooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now