whatthefucksgoinon

Do thoughts appear less and less the further you awaken

16 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you guys have found the more you awake you become, that thoughts appear less and/or even completely stop and are only used when necessary thanks 

Hey,

Yes, as you become more and more awake to the nature of mind, and specifically to the activity of thoughts and their function for self-preservation, it will gradually "put them in their right place", so to speak. When you become more conscious of this activity and it's nature, you will notice that you use it to manipulate others and reality, rather than acting in accordance with your authentic internal state. In time this will cause the mind to "take a step back" and have less dominance over your experience, ultimately leading to a place where your understanding of this function is deep enough so it will be utilized in the appropriate circumstances. 

I would not say that they completely stop, because the activities of mind are functions of the organism which you are, and they developed over time for the necessities of self-survival. However, due to the development of language and modern culture, the pursuit for gratification of the senses and social approval, mind activities became the dominator of human experience. Awakening to this facet of your experience 'degrades' mind activities back to their original use.

Have fun,

Batman

Edited by Batman

it all depends on you, your mind is a tool for you to use as you develop more awareness of what it is saying. you are not the body and you are not the mind. Always the watcher, never the watched. 

The act of measuring such a thing is a judgmental attempt by thought that requires time, a timeline and a self to make. 

It's more efficient in my experience to pay attention to how I feel without being quick to judge it. I have experienced a lot of new thoughts that I would not have entertained before that feel amazing. It's hard to reflect on "no thought" because there's no time or experiencer, (I guess?). If you show someone a photo of a landscape with a person in it and one without, they will much more clearly remember the one with the person in it, because thought requires a person or placeholder for memory. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Not really. They have no one to talk to but they still arise. Meditation and inquiry can certainly reduce apparent thought frequency, but contrary to what some may assume, that actually has no relationship to awakening.

The more present you are, the less mental clutter there is. Eckhart Tolle once said that after his awakening, his thoughts were reduced by about 80%.

It has taken a while for my brain to adapt to this state, but it is already feeling more natural. It is a wonderful feeling, in fact. The gravitational pull of my conditioned mind has been noticeably reduced. Simply being present and enjoying the spaciousness that is pure awareness has reduced a lot of suffering.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@whatthefucksgoinon from my experience and everything I’ve read the answer would appear to be more likely. 

There may be times of more thoughts but one thing that can be realized is thoughts aren’t heavy or disturbing in and of themselves. 

So for some awakenings thought doesn’t have to change for freedom and peace to be achieved, since thought has no intrinsically negative attributes. 

When you walk in a forest, you probably aren't disturbed by bird chirping.

So don't worry, thoughts are at best a very persistent bird that follow you everewhere and shout in your ears.

That doesn't happen very often, unless you live in the trees and forgot there is a road to walk below ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@whatthefucksgoinon

After awakening, there are no more thoughts. 

xD

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Some people have claimed to stop thinking altogether. While that may be possible, I certainly have not reached that point. It’s a lot quieter in my head than it used to be.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, whatthefucksgoinon said:

I was wondering if you guys have found the more you awake you become, that thoughts appear less and/or even completely stop and are only used when necessary thanks 

From my own experience.. The more awake you become the  more thoughts arise.. But the more you don't give a fuck about em. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho