iceprincess

What has Trump done wrong?

46 posts in this topic

I'm anti-trump but I'm not from America and I don't follow politics too much. I just wanna know exactly what has gone wrong under the Trump administration besides his covid bullshit. 

• flooded his cabinet with corporate lobbyists
  • cutting taxes for wealthy
  • decreasing spending on education, health, and infrastructure(besides his wall)
  • increasing tax payer subsidies for fossil fuel and weapons manufacturing industries(military spending increased by 100 billion)
  • decreasing regulations on banking
  • increasing deficit
  • corroding american social fabric

Well most of all just by being himself he has made most people lose their minds, to the point where sane regular people are at each others throats and don't even realize it. I don't know why people get so worked up about him particularly after this long, he's so predictably egotistical it's silly. This was obvious if you were at all familiar with him before he was president.

Of course he's also tremendously unqualified to be in office, which has led to many problems. However it's not like being president is some dictatorship (though I'm sure he'd love that), they only have so much control. Things in America still happen according to the powers that be and those that steer the money cult that it is, regardless of Trumps sway.

He has just kind of exacerbated things and drawn out the worst of the USA's wounds, that were there before him and will be after, it's not like he's the culprit. People want a break from this fiasco anyways, they want to go back to regular old corrupt lifetime corporate politician like Joe Biden.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

11 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't know why people get so worked up about him particularly after this long, he's so predictably egotistical it's silly.

It goes waaay beyond his egoic personality. He is causing serious harm to people and systems of governance. 

Everything 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

It goes waaay beyond his egoic personality. He is causing serious harm to people and systems of governance. 

I certainly agree, I don't deny any of it. I'll just add two things;

- You have to admit peoples reaction to him is contributing to the problem as well way more than we're willing to admit, we can't just clap the dust off our hands and take no responsibility. The culture war was started before he took office and will remain after he loses this election. Cops were kneeling on the necks of minorities long before the age of Trumpism.

- Every president or leader causes harm to one group of peoples or another. They can't please everyone, their agenda by definition will benefit one group at the expense of another, whether that expense is actual or just perceived. He is just especially egregious about it so he garners more attention. It's more stimulating to take about him than say the fact Obama was perceived as a "decent guy" by most people but a middle eastern country was bombed every 9 seconds under his presidency. Even more under Trump I'm guessing but once again, perception.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy a president shouldn't have an agenda 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

- You have to admit peoples reaction to him is contributing to the problem as well way more than we're willing to admit, we can't just clap the dust off our hands and take no responsibility. The culture war was started before he took office and will remain after he loses this election. Cops were kneeling on the necks of minorities long before the age of Trumpism.

Sure, there are much deeper problems. Trump and MAGA are in a symbiotic relationship.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

- Every president or leader causes harm to one group of peoples or another. They can't please everyone, their agenda by definition will benefit one group at the expense of another, whether that expense is actual or just perceived. He is just especially egregious about it so he garners more attention. It's more stimulating to take about him than say the fact Obama was perceived as a "decent guy" by most people but a middle eastern country was bombed every 9 seconds under his presidency. Even more under Trump I'm guessing but once again, perception.

Yes, yet there are degrees. 

Just my opinion, but by far the most heinous crimes have not been mentioned thus far: removing the US from the Paris Climate Agreement, campaigning in opposition to renewable energy, promoting the fossil fuel lobby, putting an EPA opponent in charge of the EPA, rolling back pollution regulations and cementing much of the population in opposition to science. 

6 hours ago, louhad said:
  • flooded his cabinet with corporate lobbyists
  • cutting taxes for wealthy
  • decreasing spending on education, health, and infrastructure(besides his wall)
  • increasing tax payer subsidies for fossil fuel and weapons manufacturing industries(military spending increased by 100 billion)
  • decreasing regulations on banking
  • increasing deficit
  • corroding american social fabric

Dont forget legitimizing the far-right with his constant dog-whistling. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 hours ago, Roy said:

However it's not like being president is some dictatorship (though I'm sure he'd love that), they only have so much control. Things in America still happen according to the powers that be and those that steer the money cult that it is, regardless of Trumps sway.

Sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory there

What i liked about Trumps campaign was "Bring the troops home" "Stop the endless wars"

When was the last time the US had a good president? most people didn't like obama either but trump is something else it seems

1 hour ago, wk197 said:

When was the last time the US had a good president? most people didn't like obama either but trump is something else it seems

Well 'good' is going to be somewhat subjective, and subject to the political bias of the person answering the question, but I'd argue the last president that was respected by a broad cross section of the American public (regardless of political affiliation) would probably be Dwight Eisenhower, or possibly JFK to a much lesser degree. Keep in mind that this is more than half a century ago, with things getting increasingly fragmented the closer we get to the present day.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

10 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Kennedy was a very good President. 

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Kennedy was a very good President. 

I'll qualify 'saving the world from a nuclear war' as a checkmark in favor of him being a very good president. Sad thing is he only got to serve 3 years before being assassinated, so we don't really know what sort of  legacy he would have left if he'd been in office for 4 or 8 years.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

12 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory there

lol not a conspiracy at all in the slightest. It's obvious knowledge that global mega-companies, especially oil companies, have a tremendous amount of sway of what goes on in the world, and influence much of international politics and geo-politics.

Think East India Trading Company from a few hundred years ago, except now there are hundreds of those all fighting each other.

$$$ is a hellofa drug.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Nice, but the real question is what the democratics did wrong? did they do anything wrong at all? 

I’m anti-Trump, I think he is an idiot, but this guy will destroy the system.

It's easier to answer, What has Trump done right? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's easier to answer, What has Trump done right? ;)

What would your answer be to that question be @Leo Gura? And 'nothing' doesn't qualify as an answer.

Increase division and decrease love and compassion and consciousness, delegitimize  the media, delegitimize the election, demonize people who disagree with him, support Putin, ask foreign governments to spy on political opponents, like you mentioned ruin covid, deny science and evidence, tear bomb and gas people to take a picture with a Bible etc etc etc grab women by the pussy, make fun of the disabled, insult prisoners of war, refuse to commit to transitioning power of their is a loss, attack governors etc etc etc, incite violence, ban Muslims and take away trans rights etc etc I could go on if you want