Sam Johnson

It’s lonely at the top

22 posts in this topic

Hi, 

for those of you who seriously pursue enlightenment and actually start to reach higher stages, just be aware that the higher you reach, the lonelier it gets. Not in the sense of sadness or unhappiness, but in the sense of the more you talk to people the more you realize that they have no clue what you are talking about and you do not have any clue what they are talking about. 
In the beginning you will feel very enthusiastic about sharing what you found out. What you realized is so profound and stupid at the same time and yet the majority of people probably never even heard the word enlightenment. 
The longer you try to share what you realized, the more the sad truth shines through: 

Getting someone else to see the truth for themselves  is NOT easy 

Most enlightened folks probably gave up on teaching. So will you. Or maybe you keep trying. But oh boy, it’s lonely at the top 

I can sit on the couch with my wife and every few minutes one of us starts a sentence only to stop it and say "can't explain, we don't have the words". And then the other says: "I totally understand what you mean". It's very simple if you don't make it difficult :-)

You can soar like an eagle or peck around in the dirt with the turkeys ;)

Yes, eagles are lonely yet majestic creatures.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If somebody needs to hear the right words at the right time, I'm sure you or someone else will be there to say them. It's no use trying to feed them words that they are not ready to understand.

The cool thing about reality is: As long as you strongly feel the need to share, not a lot of people will be interested, but once you don't care anymore and are just open to share, they'll flock around you.

Enlightenment is woven throughout art, creative works, kids books, literally everything is "speaking" it. Get more creative in your use of language and stop feeling responsible for whether someone "gets" what they already are or not. There's inherent joy in creative expression. That's all teaching really is. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I'm such a special turkey. The best turkey, I tell you. Huge.-_-

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Thanksgiving is just around the corner 9_9

Hey Leo did you know that bald eagles mate for life? That's probably why you see them alone so much. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Hey Leo did you know that bald eagles mate for life? That's probably why you see them alone so much. xD

You got it backwards. They mate for life cause there's no one else around to fuck :P

o.O Sigh. xDxDxD

59 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Donald trump as a turkey

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

"If you feel alone when you're by yourself, surely you're in bad company" Sadhguru

KbxIQUxJ_400x400.png

Yes or no ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Sam Johnson You feel lonely because you hold beliefs of being "at the top". That's just pride. Spiritual ego 101.

unborn Truth

keep going.

Eventually you'll hit a state of consciousness where all your concepts, models, and hierarchies will collapse.

At that point the duality/ hierarchy between high and low consciousness beings collapse and you will see your human self as simply a life relating to life. 

You will have accepted everyone as a perfect divine being wherever they are at in their development.

At that point you will be able to connect with anyone effortlessly. At the same time, you will feel like you won't really need to anymore.

Loneliness is relative. In the end you go full circle and become everyone.

All stories and explanations are false.

Just you wait until you have no clue what you’re talking about ?

I think by nature there's a level when you hit it you want everyone to be on your level too and see what you see and feel what you feel.  You feel like you found what everyone is looking for and just if they only knew with just simple tweaks they are with you on your level. And everybody is happy. The next level to it, is when you understand the levels. And you open new domain of understanding. When reach the yellow stage on the spiral... 

15 hours ago, Sam Johnson said:

The longer you try to share what you realized, the more the sad truth shines through: 

Why do you have this need of telling people what you realized?

Maybe you're not as evolved as you think you are. Check out this episode:

13 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Sam Johnson You feel lonely because you hold beliefs of being "at the top". That's just pride. Spiritual ego 101.

I agree. He's way too arrogant.

13 hours ago, electroBeam said:

1.png

Bashar says it better then I ever could. 

That's airy-fairy.

I can see if I read this years ago (when I was spending way too much time alone), I would use that to rationalize my social anxiety by telling myself: "Oh... you see? I don't need anybody. I should feel content being with myself 24/7. I am connected to everything."

We do need emotional bonding with others. There's no other way around it. It's basic Psychology.

one day this will all be memories