Adam M

Praise for Leo's Conspiracy Video

79 posts in this topic

This is such an ideologically charged topic!

The oceans of self-righteous commenters under Leo's video trying to prove him wrong are ironically proving him right.

Kudos you to Leo! You've made an excellent structural analysis of the situation and I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Of course, there are parts of the video where I may disagree with the content, overall the structure is ??.

At the beginning of the video I was like "oh boy, Leo's about to dig himself into a hole."

But, you ended up making a beautiful analysis that strikes right at the heart of the problem and is sure to stir up TONS of backlash. Many egos have built their worldviews using conspiracy theories as a basis and this video is sure to cause them to demonize you.

My girlfriend is especially angry with you. Great work! ;)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Already one of his best videos, it really strikes at the heart of epistemology

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Adam M

8 minutes ago, Adam M said:

This is such an ideologically charged topic!

The oceans of self-righteous commenters under Leo's video trying to prove him wrong are ironically proving him right.

Kudos you to Leo! You've made an excellent structural analysis of the situation and I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Of course, there are parts of the video where I may disagree with the content, overall the structure is ??.

At the beginning of the video I was like "oh boy, Leo's about to dig himself into a hole."

But, you ended up making a beautiful analysis that strikes right at the heart of the problem and is sure to stir up TONS of backlash. Many egos have built their worldviews using conspiracy theories as a basis and this video is sure to cause them to demonize you.

My girlfriend is especially angry with you. Great work! ;)

Which parts do you disagree with Leo's video?

The comments on YT are pretty depressing. Leo, I'd be curious to know what percentage of viewers actually watched the full video before posting comments. Probably 1% or less? Not sure if you have that analytics information. Some commenters even said they only watched the first minute before writing the entire thing off. Yikes!

It is sad how many apes have indulged in commenting under that video. People have completely missed the point that anything treated as an ideology creates a self-digging hole in the mind. Meanwhile, the eye-watering beauty of the present moment escapes. 

Yeah ego backlash is rampant in the comment section. Seems like a lot of people who watch Leo's videos have built their identity around conspiracy theories, which makes sense since a lot of spiritual teachers talk about such things.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

I still remembered how dismissive and insulting it felt when I stumbled on his anger video. Because at that time I had high stress and anger issues I was willing to watch the whole video despite being weirded out with his appearance. After I finished, I felt insulted about how he belittled my anger problems, like I don't want to go and question those sets of limiting beliefs around my anger. However, I decided to check his other stuff out, and here I am, a significantly calmer meditator. I think it's worthwhile revisiting those times despite getting a bad impression, you still continue. Maybe that's how these people, aka normies, have felt with Leo's video.

Edited by Danioover9000

Average view duration for that video is about 20:38

The typical is 22 to 23 mins.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

So what you’re saying is that people don’t really watch your videos? 

Isn't that obvious ;)

You'd have to be crazy like a fox to sit through an entire one of my videos.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Shit, does that mean I'm crazy? I thought I was being sane...

Edited by tuckerwphotography

I have never been into conspiracy theories.  The thing about them is that if you are into conspiracy theories you have to be conscious enough to understand that you want them to be true.

Most be are not do conscious.

All my admiration for Leo because he knows this would trigger many of his subscribers, yet he's still true to himself and puts it out there. 

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'd even doubt that's enough, multiple viewings are sometimes necessary.

I like the video, but I disagree that it's mostly unintelligent people that are into conspiracy theories. I may be misinterpreting what he said, so correct me if I'm wrong. 

I feel that intelligence is not as much of a factor as having a monotonous boring life. Conspiracy theories are often more exciting than real life, and excitement is what makes most people feel alive. That's really where it comes from in my POV. 

But I agree with everything else though. Thanks for the video Leo!

36 minutes ago, Depersonilized said:

I like the video, but I disagree that it's mostly unintelligent people that are into conspiracy theories. I may be misinterpreting what he said, so correct me if I'm wrong. 

I feel that intelligence is not as much of a factor as having a monotonous boring life. Conspiracy theories are often more exciting than real life, and excitement is what makes most people feel alive. That's really where it comes from in my POV. 

@Depersonilized Not sure about that perspective. I'm sure it's a factor, but, for example, Trump is president of the United States of America and probably has one of the most exciting lives out of any human alive. And yet he's a conspiracy nut. Lots of people who appear to live non-boring lives believe in conspiracy theories. But yes, I get your point, it can certainly create a buzz or high to go down these rabbit holes and think you're discovering some secret scandal. 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

@Leo Gura

Average view duration for that video is about 20:38

The typical is 22 to 23 mins.

I'm so fuckin dead

They didn't even watch it 

52 minutes ago, Sleyker said:

All my admiration for Leo because he knows this would trigger many of his subscribers, yet he's still true to himself and puts it out there. 

Actually, I was surprised to that anyone was upset or triggered. I thought this was obvious stuff except maybe for the pedophilia stuff which I know people love to demonize over.

Sometimes it is hard for me to predict the ways in which people will misunderstand that things I say. It can be hard to put myself into the shoes of a low-consciousness person. I basically assume you've watched all my previous videos, and that's almost never the case. Of course I sound nuts to some newbie stumbling upon one of my latest videos for the first time.

I finish all your videos like squeezing every drop of juice out of an orange. Including the few minutes after you say, "Alright, I'm done here.."

Can I has cookie?

Anyways I'm not sure why people get so upset over conspiracy theories, it's held as such a deep attachment that people get defensive over, but it's not like it really matters if it's proven right or wrong because people don't ever do anything about it anyways. It's more of an opinion about what's going on in the world, not an intertwined identity. At least generally.

It's shouldn't be like a religious fundamentalist who obviously should be expected to get upset when challenged, because it's more fundamental to their identity as a self.

idk people are just weird man.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@tuckerwphotography For sure. I do think that like a drug, a person has to chase larger and larger forms of excitement if that is their pursuit in life. What may seem exciting to you, may be really boring to the thrill seeker because they have already done it. You see what I mean? I think what it comes down to is not enough people can just sit down and do nothing without needing something that doesn't make them feel so empty inside. 

The devil fears nothingness because he wants everything ironically.