Someone here

"choice"!

69 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Moksha

? My post was for those arguing about things

Well, plus all the man 'splaining

Gotcha. I'm hard pressed to think of a case where arguing spirituality positively changed someone. Real change only comes from within.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha I mean, I guess it helps work things out maybe...but then there's just too much intention put on some kind of intellectual understanding. Maybe the ego needs everything out on the floor in order to sweep it all away. But also maybe new-comers can get so lost in all the fan-theory floating around that they miss the message of finding out for yourself. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

41 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

In a world of no separation, why must we keep making distinctions between doing /not doing, little self/other self (that' supposedly more real) ,  choice/no choice, etc.  It's not separated, it's meshed. 

We don't need more knowledge about this. Asking anyone to explain it is spinning wheels. Instead ask, 'how can I become aware of this myself?'  If you can grasp it intuitively, there's no reason to put into words. No need to argue about it.  Those who argue can be shown the question-- 'how can I become aware of this for myself?' 

I'm not sure what are you talking about. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

It's hard to put into words. Yeah it's paradoxical and mindfucky.  There is no here as in no one separate..no separate limited form.  Who you think you are. Right?  You don't think of yourself as infinite boundless space or awareness no?  You think you are some kind of being. Some kind of limited "thing". You think you are a human. A man. A thinker that is seperate from thoughts. A doer that is seperate from deeds. Well that's simply illusion.   

I like you and all but it seems to me you have a habit of making posts that are kinda like questions, but then they are also just about you having an idea that you want to stick to.  I get what your saying why do you assume I don't?, but it doesn't seem like there is anything in you open to learning anything other then what you think is 100% true. 

If your not confused and your all good why the threads?  Leave it at that, no need to ask any questions right?, and no need to teach anyone here.

Again, my sense of you, is you discovered in your experience that the idea's that you thought you were, were not true, which is a great realization, and then you said this is no-self, which is as good as any word.  You then made some conclusion about what this means and one of those ideas is its not possible to make a choice to change which you say was based on your observations of awareness.  And these are good observations.  Still all good, however its not the be all end all of "totality".  What if no-self has a sort of conscious intention to it or an ability to go hey I'm in pain here and my beliefs that I'm aware of about my body seem to be connected to this pain, maybe this means something and perhaps in looking at this something can change (kinda like the observations you made when you looked and saw that a package of thoughts and beliefs wasn't you, but something other that was aware of them).  Does this make sense?

If not, and its not important, and your all good, and there's nothing you need or can learn, then leave the forum at peace and keep being.

Again, come back to the forum when you feel like there's something missing, until then, it just seems like your convinced and "happy?" and not open to more, which again is fine.

9 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

I like you and all but it seems to me you have a habit of making posts that are kinda like questions, but then they are also just about you having an idea that you want to stick to.

OK if that's how you feel.. I can't change your mind.  Nor do I want to. Nor do I see why you always get personal with me lol. It's like why can't you just ignore me and address my points without analyzing my personality. 

11 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

If your not confused and your all good why the threads?  Leave it at that, no need to ask any questions right?, and no need to teach anyone here.

Everyone is a student and a teacher.  You are my student and my teacher at the same time.  You definitely know something  that I don't know.  I definitely know something that you don't know. And with exchanging ideas and sharing perspectives. We both can grow our understanding. 

17 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

What if no-self has a sort of conscious intention to it or an ability to go hey I'm in pain here and my beliefs that I'm aware of about my body seem to be connected to this pain, maybe this means something and perhaps in looking at this something can change (kinda like the observations you made when you looked and saw that a package of thoughts and beliefs wasn't you, but something other that was aware of them).  Does this make sense?

Ofcourse it can. I'm not denying what you are saying. And there is no contradiction between that and what I'm saying. 

20 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

If not, and its not important, and your all good, and there's nothing you need or can learn, then leave the forum at peace and keep being.

Again, come back to the forum when you feel like there's something missing, until then, it just seems like your convinced and "happy?" and not open to more, which again is fine.

stop toying with me lol. I'm not your 11 yo child.    Jk lol 

As I said it's about expansion and exchanging of perspectives. If I feel like my insights are worth sharing.  I'm not above learning in the relative domain that's for sure.   Why do you assume I'm trying to present myself as a know it all smartass?  I know nothing my friend. Cuz I'm nothing. But if you're speaking about the apparent body-mind. It's conditional. So learning is a continuous process. 

-Osho

Watch an animal apparently make a choice to eat some more food, take a drink of water or walk away...watch closely...

Does the choice just happen?

'WE' can create stories all day long.... oh he's a chowhound...oh she's not much into this food ...he likes to be by himself... on and on the stories go.

Wait this gets better ?

Can a thought effect action ?

If so, was this thought a real choice? Or did it just arise due to conditioning?

Was it REALLY a free choice?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake yeah man. Yet some supposedly awake people don't get it. 

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake yeah man. Yet some supposedly awake people don't get it. 

'I' don't get it...?

Yet its apparently recognized...❤

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

56 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Watch an animal apparently make a choice to eat some more food, take a drink of water or walk away...watch closely...

Does the choice just happen?

'WE' can create stories all day long.... oh he's a chowhound...oh she's not much into this food ...he likes to be by himself... on and on the stories go.

Wait this gets better ?

Can a thought effect action ?

If so, was this thought a real choice? Or did it just arise due to conditioning?

Was it REALLY a free choice?

Love you ❤

???????

12 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

'I' don't get it...?

Yet its apparently recognized...❤

LOL you are my favorite member here.  A true "no-selfer " "you are already enlightened" advaita warrior lol? ?

12 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Thanks for resource. :)

-Osho

Oh yeah of course ❤..the ordinariness is the extraordinariness when everything is acceptable... right wrong.. in out.. this or that... Its all IT....even the unacceptance is IT!!

complete 

I don't want this thread to die out.. I wanna get a discussion going on here cuz this is some crazy stuff lol....

How is the body movement done? Lol

As soon as you wake up.. The body starts moving.. Lol it just starts moving.. How is the first movement done?  You don't how or why precisely it moves the way it moves. And then it carries on moving.. Wow the body is such a zombie.   There is no difference between a drunk person and a sober person in the sense that.. .. Everyone hasn't the slightest idea what the fuck are they doing lol. This changes how you relate to humans entirely. 

This is so obviously clear . Another way to realize it.. A very easy way to realize the illusion of choice is to try to stop.. Try to stop all internal and external happenings in what you think your body.. No thoughts no actions no chatter no feeling etc... You can't.. Something must happen.. A thought must arise.. A breath.. A blink of an eye.. A tingle..... Lol if you cannot stop doing what you're doing even when you try all you can to stop it.. Are you really doing it?

Bottom line.. No one is doing anything. Choice is a joke. Everyone is basically just a zombie.  There is no difference between the spontaneous happening of a river flow and the movement of the human body. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no difference between the spontaneous happening of a river flow and the movement of the human body. 

Exactly, a pure miracle.

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Choice is a joke.

There is a choice, but there is no chooser. Everything is rather a cosmic joke, yes :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I don't want this thread to die out.. I wanna get a discussion going on here cuz this is some crazy stuff lol....

How is the body movement done? Lol

As soon as you wake up.. The body starts moving.. Lol it just starts moving.. How is the first movement done?  You don't how or why precisely it moves the way it moves. And then it carries on moving.. Wow the body is such a zombie. 

This is so obviously clear . Another way to realize it.. A very easy way to realize the illusion of choice is to try to stop..  Lol if you cannot stop doing what you're doing even when you try all you can to stop it.. Are you really doing it?

Bottom line.. No one is doing anything. Choice is a joke. Everyone is basically just a zombie.  There is no difference between the spontaneous happening of a river flow and the movement of the human body. 

Thanks for clearing that up. That explains why I pissed the bed this morning.:S 

6 hours ago, allislove said:

There is a choice, but there is no chooser. 

If there is no chooser.. What is choice? 

-Osho

6 hours ago, Corpus said:

Thanks for clearing that up. That explains why I pissed the bed this morning

You're welcome lol.  That doesn't "explain" it though. That explains how there is no explanation for your pissing your bed lol. 

-Osho