electroBeam

Feeling Tired After 8+ Hours Of Sleep

26 posts in this topic

What are the main causes of feeling tired after 8 hours of sleep? Sleeping around 9-10pm?

What experiments can you try to feel 100% vibrant and alive when you wake up?

I'm not sure why I have this issue, but one thing I do feel is a breathing issue. I find it hard to catch my breath on every 2nd or 3rd breath, and this makes me yawn all the time. To take a stab in the dark, I'd say maybe its related to breathing or oxygen (although my oxygen levels are fine on the oxymeter).

My diet consists of only wild alaskan salmon, berries and fats like butter. And I'll have this chocolate every 2-3 days (max 15 grams of carbs). 

I did find that salmon goes well with me, my ethnic background is very white (ginger/red hair + pink skin, with lots of hair). Irish roots. 

It is possible to oversleep which will make you feel tired and groggy.

It's not as simple as "more sleep = more rested". What actually matters is your quality of sleep. Make sure you're getting good high quality sleep with a dark and cool room and no disturbing noises.

I noticed something weird where if I sleep too early, at about 7-8pm, my quality of sleep would turn to shit and I would wake up too early.

Also, make sure your curtains are open to allow blue light from outside in. The blue light that comes in the morning will naturally wake you up and regulate your sleep schedule.

27 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

What experiments can you try to feel 100% vibrant and alive when you wake up?

Drink water. Expose yourself to blue light. Also Wim Hof breathing is a nice boost of alertness if you want to do that.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

do you eat in the 4 hours before bedtime?

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Heavy metal toxicity

You can try doing detox

After detox I went from sleeping 9 hours and feeling tired to sleeping 6.5-7 hours and feeling energetic. It can make a huge difference.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That yawning could be high serotonin. Especially if it’s a sort of shivering yawn. Thyroid conversion issues, high estrogen, not enough carbs... or possibly heavy metal toxicity. That’s what it likely was in my case. Was quite an ordeal to get past it but I focused hard on it and got it done.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Heavy metal toxicity

You can try doing detox

After detox I went from sleeping 9 hours and feeling tired to sleeping 6.5-7 hours and feeling energetic. It can make a huge difference.

@Leo Gura What kind of detox? Is there a specific detox protocol for heavy metal toxicity?

You may need to get checked for sleep apnea. But this is hard to do without medical assessment. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura What kind of detox? Is there a specific detox protocol for heavy metal toxicity?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I need to try all these things.

53 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

You may need to get checked for sleep apnea. But this is hard to do without medical assessment. 

I also get blood in my stool quite a bit. With diarreah. Probably blood every 2 weeks and diarreah every few days. Doctors have been telling me for years its just IBS. Would this contribute?

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

also get blood in my stool quite

Is it visible red blood or does it appear more black? Like coffee granules in your stool? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

Is it visible red blood or does it appear more black? Like coffee granules in your stool? 

its red. 

@electroBeam That's really not all you're eating is it? That's extreme, unless you feel 100% amazing and garbage otherwise I would never entertain the idea of such a limited diet.  I think you need some whole grains in your diet and a lot of veggies. Throw in some wild rice, maybe potatoes, your Irish roots will be happy about the potatoes. xD  I love salmon and sardines but I eat a few servings a week because of mercury and contamination concerns. Also you're getting literally no fiber other than in berries. 

Sleep apnea sounds like a good possibility. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@electroBeam that's not a good sign. Maybe get your body checked again. There is no innocent explanation. Also check your heart. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@electroBeam That's really not all you're eating is it?

I like to think of myself as a mimimalist

13 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@electroBeam I think you need some whole grains 

According to my Dr Berg fan, ex girlfriend doctor, who loves the book grain brain, apparently gluten gives you cancer.

15 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@electroBeam and a lot of veggies 

Definitely agree there.

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@electroBeam Throw in some wild rice, maybe potatoes, your Irish roots will be happy about the potatoes. xD 

I'd normally call you the devil for suggesting such high carbs, but considering you're in pretty good shape, maybe you're onto something.

19 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@electroBeam  literally no fiber other than in berries.  

True forgot about fibre.

19 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@electroBeam 

Sleep apnea sounds like a good possibility. 

Agree. The next challenge is getting the doctors to agree.

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I like to think of myself as a mimimalist

My darling, if you were really a minimalist you wouldn't think of yourself at all. ;)

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

According to my Dr Berg fan, ex girlfriend doctor, who loves the book grain brain, apparently gluten gives you cancer.

Grains do not equal gluten. Gluten free oatmeal and rice are good choices. Also inflammation is caused by food sensitivities. Inflammation is connected to cancer. Gluten = cancer is a huge jump.

4 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I'd normally call you the devil for suggesting such high carbs, but considering you're in pretty good shape, maybe you're onto something.

I just got into even better shape by changing my diet so my macro nutrients are balanced, but just intuitively by what I feel like eating. I don't judge fat, carbs or protein. I have potatoes for part of my breakfast this morning, my momma grew them in her garden, I dug them myself and baked them with grassfed butter. Good news, the potato famine has passed. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

My darling, if you were really a minimalist you wouldn't think of yourself at all. ;)

Well where's the fun in that???

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I don't judge fat, carbs or protein. I have potatoes for part of my breakfast this morning

I like that message, don't discriminate against any macros and treat them all equally. Although this isn't the politics thread, this is the health thread. 

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

its red. 

You really need to get this investigated properly. IBS does not bleed in most cases, IBD (Crohn's or Ulcerative Collitis) does. I'm afraid you may need a colonoscopy but seriously blood in stool is a red flag regardless of who you speak to. If your doctors ignores it, find a new doctor. Because it is red and not black, it means it is either somewhere in small intestines (most likely terminal ileum) or a colon which could indicate IBD, ulcer, polyps or something like that. This can DEFINITELY be driving your fatigue if you keep losing blood, you will be losing iron amongst other. 

Please go get checked and request a proper assessment which will include things like CRP, ESR, calprotectin and full IBD assessment including antibodies (they'll know what needs to be done) 

Happy to have a chat if you'd like some additional tips around getting this investigated

2 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Btw this is complete and utter nonsense, sorry. The person who shares this sort of stuff and are a doctor should have their license taken away. The ONLY people who need to stay away from gluten are coeliacs. Even people who are intollerant to it are usually not allergic, they just need to have their gut healed. That being said there are ofcourse better alternatives but gluten DOES NOT give you cancer.