Tim R

Has Leo done Ayahuasca?

22 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura 

I was wondering, have you ever participated in an Ayahuasca ceremoy? If you haven't yet (which would surprise me), would you consider doing it?

@Tim R he told 5 meo dmt is more powerful than dmt.  Being 5 meo hero he definitely wouldn't have participated. 

2 minutes ago, Psychventure said:

@Tim R he told 5 meo dmt is more powerful than dmt.  Being 5 meo hero he definitely wouldn't have participated. 

Why not? Only because 5MeO is stronger than NN doesn't mean you can't try it, and Ayahuasca isn't just smoked/vaped DMT, so... 

I would do it solo with pharmahausca.

But not with a bunch of tourists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm brewing my own again in 3 days. The forest, the mystery, the tranquil night, the love that permeates through! xD

I share Leo's attitude towards tourists, though. If I ever attend a ceremony, it will be done in a solitary setting. Most ordinary people who praise Ayahuasca are extreme puritans and deluded traditionalists.

Edited by SirVladimir

During one of my trips, Ayahuasca told me that Leo will one day make a video titled "Ayahuasca"... 

I understand the importance of a solo experience, and additionally, I've seen that the setting that is presented usually, in a dark, humid maloka in the jungle, doesn't seem very appealing for some, and I don't blame them. In Europe though, as long as you can find the right ones, ceremonies conducted by certain shamans coming from Latin America are big celebrations of light, done in decent environments with live music and all the ceremonial hocus-pocus.

It may sound like a modernized and civilized way to sell healing to the westerners, but really, they are unforgettable experiences.  You will also meet some amazing people in the...bunch of tourists. 

Edited by Kensho
wording change

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Honestly, I feel like doing it the tourist route and going against the grain in your head (going "pharmahuasca") would be beneficial.  It seems counter intuitive but what if you find the last puzzle piece this way?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And that way you can spare yourself the revolting taste of the brew and the “purging”.

5 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

It seems counter intuitive but what if you find the last puzzle piece this way?

It seems counter-intuitive, but what if you find God by hitting your balls with a hammer?

@Leo Gura

me and the forum trying to reach enlightenment.

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It seems counter-intuitive, but what if you find God by hitting your balls with a hammer?

@Leo Gura haha you are so mean! 

I’ve explored psychedelics a lot (thanks to you) and can say ayahuasca is very special and unlike any other substance (yes including 5meo) 

I joined a Brazilian church called UDV where they do sessions twice per month, they make the brew in the Amazon and in Hawaii, they also have a license to function in US so the set and setting are flawless and I don’t always throw up, it’s mostly when the ego gets in the way, if you surrender you will experience bliss and unconditional love, it’s also VERY healing on the level of the body, I feel like the other psychedelics are very powerful on the mind, but on the body level there is nothing like ayahuasca. I’m not trying to convince you or anything but I’ve explore psychedelics for 4 years and found what I was looking for in ayahuasca, I still do others but every ayahuasca session I have that feeling of “home”ness that no other psychedelic gives me and I feel like heals my body a lot.

Yet I should not put ayahuasca on a pedestal, I have not been able to breakthrough with 5meo so still exploring.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

2 hours ago, MsNobody said:

found what I was looking for in ayahuasca

You got me curious! :x What were you looking for? What did you find? What kind of break through did you have?

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

14 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

And that way you can spare yourself the revolting taste of the brew and the “purging”.

Bro u just have diarrhoea from purging the negative spirits myyyyyyaaaaaannnnnnn cmooonn myaaaannnnxDxD

44 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

Bro u just have diarrhoea from purging the negative spirits myyyyyyaaaaaannnnnnn cmooonn myaaaannnnxDxD

Bruh, I’ll take diarrhea over vomiting any day :P

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course, it depends on where you choose to go on your aya-retreat. Not every retreat is filled with "a bunch of tourists". Some are filled with likeminded people.

I believe there is a lot to learn from the experience of taking psychedelics with a group - and the group you end up with, will of course not be random but perfectly assembled by the universe... The people in your group will all be potential teachers of yours and this alone can be a very profound experience.

When I first came to the center for my aya-trip I was very judgemental about everyone and thought they were just a bunch of lazy hippies/stupid/did not know what it was all about... Haha... And then I met Aya.. and the next day (the retreat was 4 days with 2 ceremonies)  I realized that this group had come together not at all by accident, I learned so much from everyone and the experience taught me a lot about nonduality but also how we as separate beings need to meet each other and gaze at ourselves through each other's eyes.

The experience of going on a trip as a group was very different from tripping alone. One way is not better than another, but I guess it can be helpful to experiment with both. It was for me at least. 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What happened to being openminded :P

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then I hope God has a big enough hammer for these balls! :P

6 hours ago, herghly said:

What happened to being openminded :P

I don't need any human interfering with my inner work. It's like giving up the intimacy of sex to have sex in the parking lot with 20 people watching and giving commentary. No thanks.