Breakingthewall

What is a thought?

29 posts in this topic

I was meditating when suddenly I realized an apparently obvious fact: I create thoughts. there is nothing, and in that nothing I mold a thought. has form. there is nothing and suddenly that nothing has a form. What is it? a wave? why i do it? Is it the ego that does it, or is the ego the thought? what is the ego?

A thought is a full cycle of a sinusoidal wave equaling to zero. This is what eternal minds are made of. They always equal out to zero.

You are an eternal mind of divine mathematics and your thoughts are vibrations in frequency of sinusoidal waves.

Read “Ontological Mathematics” by Morgue.

A thought is a thought. A description of a thought is a description of a thought.

43 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

A thought is a full cycle of a sinusoidal wave equaling to zero. This is what eternal minds are made of. They always equal out to zero.

You are an eternal mind of divine mathematics and your thoughts are vibrations in frequency of sinusoidal waves.

Read “Ontological Mathematics” by Morgue.

Exactly, like a wawe. Is not like: it is nothing, only let it pass. Since you create it, it exist. About equal to zero...I don't know. I can't see it now but I saw and I want to see it again. Meditation is the most wonderful activity. I'm starting to get it

Edited by Breakingthewall

Are you in control of your thoughts? Or are your thoughts in control of you? Are you separate from your thoughts?

All stories and explanations are false.

34 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Are you in control of your thoughts? Or are your thoughts in control of you? Are you separate from your thoughts?

I saw that I'm separate of the thought. I create it, like an esculpture. There was nothing and after, it was, created of the nothing. Created for me. The nothing took a shape, so became in something. One time. And another. And another....

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

there is nothing and suddenly that nothing has a form. What is it? a wave? why i do it? Is it the ego that does it, or is the ego the thought? what is the ego?

Nothing has form. What is it? Why do it? Is it the ego...or is the ego the thought? What is the ego

Those imply there is an ego, by implying there are two parts or components. 

Great work btw.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

Nothing has form. What is it? Why do it? Is it the ego...or is the ego the thought? What is the ego

Those imply there is an ego, by implying there are two parts or components. 

Great work btw.

Thanks! I realize that at that moment, perhaps for the first time in my life, there was almost no  ego. That's why it seems so real  .I was there, and I created the thoughts. there was a space between each of them, and somehow I could "see" them as "objects", they had no influence, one had the same influence as the next, almost zero, they were basically the same. they were just shapes. It was strange to see that they kept showing up. as i read, you can stop this. would be wonderful

Do you create thought? Think "I wonder what my next thought is going to be", then wait, expecting, see what comes up. 

Whatever thought comes up, how are 'you' creating it?

Thought is a thing that convinced Neil that there is no Consciousness. Must've been helluva brainstorm. 

You ain't no looking at the moon you are the moon. 

9 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Whatever thought comes up, how are 'you' creating it?

Idk... how? I had I glimpse, maybe I should have 1000 more before to start to understand, but looked so real. In fact the most shocking of the glimpse was seeing that creation, like a radio creating a wave. Maybe all was an illusion, of course. Now I'm thinking like always, compulsive,but that image remains

A thought is energy, play, nothing.

You get your thoughts from the outside, which in turn get its thoughts from the inside. A never ending strange loop

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

A thought is energy, play, nothing.

You get your thoughts from the outside, which in turn get its thoughts from the inside. A never ending strange loop

Inside - outside That's duality. What if YOU is singular. 

A is A and not B. If A was B, then A would not be A, it would be B.

If you want to know A, examine A, rather than asking for it to be explained in terms of B.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I assume this means that whatever explanation would be given to the question "what is a thought?" would be nothing but a mere thought as well and thus not explain anything at all?

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh boyo philosophy class and I always skipped those. (maybe because I was already stage yellow in my teens) Later I fall inlove. 

Ok get it. 

@Breakingthewall Great insight.

You are absolutely right about nothing is everything, and vice versa. The suffering arises when you think you are somewhere in between. If we look from the "everything" perspective you create thoughts, you are the thought itself. If we look from the "nothing" perspective you are that that never changes. Thought come and go, so you are not it. I find it useful to think about the thought as a perception, something you perceive. Ego is deeply believed thought: "I am separate". An illusion, since the ego doesn't exist. There are no problems with thoughts at all, only if the thought doesn't feel good to you and you believe in it. The thoughts which don't feel good ultimately arise from the belief in a separate entity. I find it useful to make a distinction between thought and not a thought. What is not a thought? Experience of bodily sensations is not a thought.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

What is a question?  What is anything? 

Any answer is gonna be thoughts about thoughts. Thoughts inside thoughts about the nature of thoughts.  A thought is a thought and that's rock bottom. A rock is a rock and that's rock bottom.  Meaning it is exactly what it appears to be to direct consciousness without any conceptual stories or "explanations".    Now ofcourse you can get underneath that endlessly because that's the nature of things.. It expands forever in all directions.. But that doesn't make any place different from where you are at.  It's all the same and it's all different at the same time! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho