Sempiternity

Spiral Dynamics placement test

23 posts in this topic

I know something like this probably doesn't exist quite yet, but it would be great if there was a in-depth, extensive, comprehensive test one could take to establish and point to where you are in the Spiral Dynamics model. Like current tests to see where one lies politically. Could be very helpful for people to know where they are at, instead of guessing. Such a test could be very useful in ones journey up the Stages. You could even test again every few years to see where you are now, and how you've progressed. Hope someone with the time and smarts does this some day. 

There are a few of them. I tried one and wasn't satisfied. Does anyone know of a good one? 

This is actually counter to proper use of the model. If you can't satisfactorily peg yourself on the spiral purely by reading and understanding the model, then you don't know it well enough.

And if you resort to getting a test to peg yourself on the spiral instead, you're giving your authority away to some almighty arbiter of truth of which you have no idea on what its about, how it works, its limitations and blind spots. Same issue is listening blindly to a guru.

If you really care about SD and moving up the spiral, the motion has to come from what you feel within. The model is just a tool to help you clarify what's going on within. But its by no means Truth, its not even relatively true, the model is just a projection onto Form. And with all projections, its partially deluded. So its useful, but its not true.

And therefore, it doesn't matter what level on the spiral you're on, or what some test says you're on, all that matters is whether the spiral helps you make sense of what you feel within. You don't even need to peg yourself on the spiral for that, you just need to recognise aspects of yourself that is causing you suffering, and use SD to try and understand it from a more holistic level. No pegging on the spiral is even necessary. 

Edited by electroBeam

14 hours ago, electroBeam said:

This is actually counter to proper use of the model. If you can't satisfactorily peg yourself on the spiral purely by reading and understanding the model, then you don't know it well enough.

And if you resort to getting a test to peg yourself on the spiral instead, you're giving your authority away to some almighty arbiter of truth of which you have no idea on what its about, how it works, its limitations and blind spots. Same issue is listening blindly to a guru.

If you really care about SD and moving up the spiral, the motion has to come from what you feel within. The model is just a tool to help you clarify what's going on within. But its by no means Truth, its not even relatively true, the model is just a projection onto Form. And with all projections, its partially deluded. So its useful, but its not true.

And therefore, it doesn't matter what level on the spiral you're on, or what some test says you're on, all that matters is whether the spiral helps you make sense of what you feel within. You don't even need to peg yourself on the spiral for that, you just need to recognise aspects of yourself that is causing you suffering, and use SD to try and understand it from a more holistic level. No pegging on the spiral is even necessary. 

Very good points. Hadn't thought of it in that way.

A stage orange person would most likely be able to ape himself up to a yellow if the questions are comparable in depth to a political compass test. It would have to be a very thorough and grueling test, and that is not going to happen.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

What about a test like this for vetting others? Say you wanted to start a commune and only want people at stage Yellow/Turquoise, so you avoid some of the Ego traps of lower stages that doom most all communes. Giving a comprehensive Spiral Dynamic test could see if they meet the grade or need to do some more work and come back another time to try again. Or maybe even if a CEO had a start-up that he wanted only high consciousness people involved, this test could help them in their hiring process. Just a fun thing to think about, the possibilities. 

@Jed Vassallo In that case, I'm sure you would be better off to just have a personal vetting processes through applications and meetings. Tier 2 doesn't grow on trees. You wouldn't get much out of taking an assembly line approach.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Here is the test: What stage you think you are? Go down 2 stages that's the stage you are really at.

4 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Here is the test: What stage you think you are? Go down 2 stages that's the stage you are really at.

Shit I'm at Blue

21 minutes ago, Espaim said:

Shit I'm at Blue

I think I'm purple, so I'm literally off the charts.

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

What about a test like this for vetting others? Say you wanted to start a commune and only want people at stage Yellow/Turquoise, so you avoid some of the Ego traps of lower stages that doom most all communes. Giving a comprehensive Spiral Dynamic test could see if they meet the grade or need to do some more work and come back another time to try again. Or maybe even if a CEO had a start-up that he wanted only high consciousness people involved, this test could help them in their hiring process. Just a fun thing to think about, the possibilities. 

use AI and machine learning for that ;)

If you know the model you should know how you fit into it pretty easily.

No one knows you better than you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you know the model you should know how you fit into it pretty easily.

No one knows you better than you.

If I think I'm yellow am I really yellow? Isn't the mind always trying to paint itself superior to others?

@Ya know Read some books like "Thinking in Systems" and see if you see the world in a similar manner.

I already knew what stage I was at but tried a test just to answer your question and this was quite accurate. although not very detailed.

https://sdtest.me/

this is my result btw

スクリーンショット (1).png

Edit;looking at the result made me realize I'm a really average Actualize.org listener lol

Edited by Seiden

Here are my results. Only 6% green, lol.

I think it is pretty accurate as I see more and more bullshit in green lately and how limiting it is

download.jpg

Edited by Hello from Russia

Determining your color isn't something you do in a matter of minutes. It needs a lot of introspection and self-reflection. This test is too simplistic. It's way too easy for your ego to manipulate this test.

That's the problem with tests like this. It's pretty easy to manipulate the results in order to get a certain outcome. I took the test and I could easily see what color every answer corresponded with. I could make myself turquoise if I wanted to. I tried to be truthful and I ended up having more yellow than I probably really have. This test is just too simplistic. Too narrow. Too specific.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:35 AM, Ya know said:

If I think I'm yellow am I really yellow? Isn't the mind always trying to paint itself superior to others?

This is exactly why you need to do quiet a lot of introspection. You will often lie to yourself. It takes a while to unravel your lies.  Take this test and watch how you make yourself choose certain answers, not because they are the truest to who you are, but because you "know" that this is how you "should" be. Often when I take tests, I catch myself choosing answers based, not on truth, but on some ideal that I have.

Don't use tests like this for confirmation. You just end up feeding your ego. Observe yourself living life. Listen to what your actions tell you about yourself. You actions speak the truth about who you are. Not the answers you type in on some grossly oversimplified test on the internet.

PS. I somehow ended up with 15% turquoise, I don't even have like 2% in reality...

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop