Someone here

Is there a way out of suffering?

275 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

Nothing.. It just sucks. 

Yeah I guess there is a lot of Cases like this.. And do you know why those people are even more peaceful than healthy people?  Because it's so out of their control that they just surrender because there is no other alternative.  This doesn't mean that they actually deep down "enjoy" their suffering or they want it to persist.. That would be naive to say.. They just accepted their suffering because they see there is no point in fighting anyways. 

Just like them why not try and surrender because there is no alternative, no point in fighting anyways.  But also recognize its just your experience, and its not the definition of reality.  Its just one perspective.

What I'm pointing to is so crazy talk and possibly uncomfortable for most people to want to let in.  Its almost like just letting in that your pain and the pain that you think exists out there is just one perspective on all of it, but its not definitive of anything.

Like if you didnt see that video of the man with his face shot in, you may feel like thats the most horrible thing and the worst type of suffering, but he felt kinda blessed and thankful to god.  There's countless stories of people going through what you would call horrific only for them to say they wouldn't change it and it was a blessing and helped them do good in life.  Think about that, what is suffering and death and horrific things if its positive and a blessing in some peoples perspectives?  Can you even call it suffering or wrong or a negative.  Do you get what I'm saying or pointing to?  Suffering and negative and bad only exists in the eyes of the beholder.  Pain and what it means about something or someone or some event is only in the eyes of the beholder.  There is no definitive thing like a bible that absolutely defines "this is suffering or bad" "or this is what pain means".

4 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Happiness is inherit in Being. 

There really Isn't any suffering. Stop being donkey recognise yourself. 

Of course there is suffering my young padawan. Look around the globe, your own life. Looots of suffering.

But yes, suffering is Love

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

54 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:
54 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Of course there is suffering my young padawan. Look around the globe, your own life. Looots of suffering.

Enlightenment will suprise you. What it really is. 

But yes, suffering is Love

Ain't gonna shoot that video. Still didn't found dominas for that. What kind of nonduality genre is that. Stick to basics. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

@Mada_ I don't know about reincarnation specifically. You can be conscious of what reality is, and its nothing. My last mystical experience I thought, and even now I can feel it if I pay attention, "I am nothing, I will never not be nothing. And so I know, I know, that I will never die.".

Nothing will never go. Framing this in terms of reincarnation or souls, I don't know. Maybe you can find some sort of empirical or scientific answer by researching and etc, but that sort of endeavour seems too difficult to me. 

When people talk about" past lives", it could be something they're just "making up", your psychological structure expressing itself in a symbolic fantasy. But don't write off the possibility it's real. 

When I was meditating once, my mind imagined myself in a past life. It was a very vivid experience. If I am to believe the experience I had, I was a tall young African American (or just African) male in my past life who was a criminal and died by being shot by someone. In this supposed past life I killed people as a criminal. I got the impression I sacrificed myself before my death somehow, and changed my ways somehow. Bled to death in the middle of a road after being shot. A chubby African female onlooker who was distressed. They were a loved one or a very close friend I think. 

Again though, this is probably all bullshit. Who knows. 

These memories are not illusions only if you are able to recall something that seemed very real but you had never ever seen that before. Take this for example : If you are experiencing yourself eating something white and round ( if you were a South Indian in your past life ) but you had never seen or heard about it but able to vividly experience the appearance and taste of it, then you have proved that reincarnation is real. Any other kind of proof which originate from existing memory you had in this life has a good chance of turning out to be the result of powerful imagination.

13 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Enlightenment will suprise you. What it really is. 

denying the existence of suffering is denying love, you zen devil <3

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

3 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

denying the existence of suffering is denying love, you zen devil <3

Full scope of this enlightenment stuff. 

What Leo refers to "his desire for you" then you will realize my madness and snapping all the time. 

4 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@zeroISinfinity no... I love you bro!

Need more ideas man. Found something else funny. You are aware I will abuse it for zen devilry, right. ?

8 hours ago, Osaid said:

There is actually a rare condition that makes you unable to feel physical pain, you can probably find documentaries on it. Something to do with a gene mutation.

It makes you very susceptible to injuries though, since you can't even notice them.

Found it. Congenital Analgesia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain. Interesting.

Release me.

29 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Full scope of this enlightenment stuff. 

Yes of course pure formlessness has no suffering - or pure selflessness.  Suffering is the withering away or deterioration of a finite form or self.  That's why suffering = spiritual growth :).  And it doesn't have to be physical of course.  It can be anything that changes your original form/identity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes of course pure formlessness has no suffering - or pure selflessness.  Suffering is the withering away or deterioration of a finite form or self.  That's why suffering = spiritual growth :).  And it doesn't have to be physical of course.  It can be anything that changes your original form/identity.

Full scope of enlightenment =Sober state as Infinite Being. 

You as full blown God. 

So listen to @Nahm folks. Best guy here regarding this stuff and not me I am just wierdo from ??. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Full scope of enlightenment =Sober state as Infinite Being. 

You as full blown God. 

So listen to @Nahm folks. 

You are full blown God now aye, but you have limited yourself and put yourself into this dream.  Your form, while made of nothing (formless) is yet still finite.  Suffering is the inability to maintain this form eternally.  Acceptance and liberation is the realization that form is an illusion, as is death. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are full blown God now aye, but you have limited yourself and put yourself into this dream. 

Yeah kinda of a only way for Love to experience life. Not possible in any other way. Life is complete delusion it's quite literally based on lies. 

Your form, while made of nothing (formless) is yet still finite. 

Want mindbend. It only appears that way because you are still using human relative lens. 

Suffering is the inability to maintain this form eternally. 

Suffering is egotism. Trying to keep that form alive at expense of everything else that is you. To be LOVE ends suffering. 

Acceptance and liberation is the realization that form is an illusion, as is death. 

Liberation is being who you really are. 

Oh my suffering is just going to start with her food. Oh gosh. Fortunatelly there is fruit salad. Atleast some joy. 

23 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Yeah kinda of a only way for Love to experience life. Not possible in any other way. Life is complete delusion it's quite literally based on lies. 

Want mindbend. It only appears that way because you are still using human relative lens. 

Suffering is egotism. Trying to keep that form alive at expense of everything else that is you. To be LOVE ends suffering. 

Liberation is being who you really are. 

??❤

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Someone here

On 8/11/2020 at 8:15 AM, Someone here said:

There is a lot of suffering that one can experience in this life. Some people are lucky they experience less suffering and some people are just fated to be in the middle of some extreme shit like starving kids in Africa etc.   Suffering exists so let's not waste time arguing about whether it exists or not.. My question is there a salvation? A permanent end to all forms of suffering?  If so what it is?  Because I don't think there is such a way except permanent annihilation. 

Please make your response non - classical and nuanced because it's so easy to deconstruct woo woo unrealistic answers. Thanks 

There is a way to overcome suffering, but not without going classical. I'll do my best not to go down well travelled paths.

Firstly, when a personhood is born after the physical body settles down into it's form, that's when suffering slightly increases. As a default, you only have one choice: continue life, gathering life experiences along with suffering that follows each life experience, like Pacman. From that, you eventually intuit, with enough experience from people, places and life, that you could improve your situation. This stage is when the mind becomes less dependent on body's mouth to feed itself, and starts developing a mental mouth for consuming ideas and concepts of people and the world. As soon as this happens, suffering increases as a consequence, because even though you now could think more deeply about a subject, in exchange for this articulation you must also give up more mental room and be more removed from being in the present moment at a young age. As time passes, your mind quickly develops mental maps of the body's sense organs, which alloys more complexity in figuring out life, but again suffering is also amplified, that even a concept about some situations that give raise to worry or fear are now taken seriously, as opposed to facing the problem directly. Also, there are tendencies to forget about the mind's development, because of how quickly it grew it's abilities in your blissful ignorance. In ignorance, attachments can occur right after direct experience of an object or situation, and your mind quickly wraps it with many more attachments, also meanings, to further solidify it as an 'important' idea, skipping over that the object or situation is impermanent. One way it masks impermanence is when it ties emotional signals with memories that stimulated the body or mind greater than normal, and makes the experience important by the fact it gave such strong emotions in you, and encourages more attention placed at emotionally charged memories versus any other type of memory it deems less useful to it.

There are many ways of reducing or transcending suffering, but those tend to in general involve empowering yourself more and more until a point is reach when your entire being now wants to let go of the over accumulation of ideas and experiences and head to the reverse. There are various spiritual traditions and techniques that exercises the capacities of the reversing, but also there are other fields of interest besides spirituality that exercises the first half of this general cycle, the empowering accumulation, that strengthens your ego.

Unbiased Love doesn't directly create suffering, selfishness does. We are able to reach lower and lower forms by avoiding oneness, entangling ourselves into the deepest fears and copying patterns/constructs from each others. All finite forms of love are traps we created ourselves to go further into the denial of our true nature. The ego grows until the understandings, complex or simple, are aligned with the unifying fact happiness is Love and it can't be anything else but that. The issue is that the cycle of God losing itself and finding itself again is unavoidable. Love is just too good for its own good. It doesn't matter if we merge back to heaven or bury ourselves into hell. It just happens.