kagaria

Meditation is not enough

23 posts in this topic

Shunyamurti in his last blog post said that meditation alone in this work is not enough. 'You can only get there through a very conscious understanding of the difference between the value system of the ego, the value system of the soul, and the value system of the higher self - and make a deliberate conscious choice to resonate at the level of the Atman'. I don't get it, does this mean taking psychedelics?

explain grammar to an alien ?

Love is enough.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I could be wrong but I think he means you need to literally do a leap of faith out of concepts and attachments even if it feels like it will kill you 

like one huge “LET GO!!!!!” of everything 

@kagaria

One of the biggest traps on the spiritual path is giving your authority to a guru, teacher, etc.
I hope you are not taking the words of Shunyamurti for granted.

Meditation may have different definitions.

Everyone has a unique path. For you, only formal meditation practice maybe be enough; for me, psychedelics may be needed to have self-realization. How to know? Listen to your feeling, do what feels good to you. Formal meditation practice/yoga is always good. It's like a basis – you can learn how to let go, how to listen to your intuition.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Only when it is experientially realized that neither ego nor soul exist,can there be resonance at the level of Atman. Only Atman resonates at the level of Atman and only by being Atman,which is realized when ignorance is removed, will there be resonance at the level of Atman.

3 hours ago, kagaria said:

Shunyamurti in his last blog post said that meditation alone in this work is not enough. 'You can only get there through a very conscious understanding of the difference between the value system of the ego, the value system of the soul, and the value system of the higher self - and make a deliberate conscious choice to resonate at the level of the Atman'. I don't get it, does this mean taking psychedelics?

Meditation, if done mechanically, is of course not enough, not useful, and maybe even counter-productive.

But true meditation is more than enough.

If you really want to know, ask yourself the question: "what is meditation?" and keep on until you find the answer. In a sense, that would be meditation on the concept of meditation, which will create understanding. You could learn what it is from outside sources but it wouldn't be the same.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I still don't get it very much but i thank everyone for your perspectives.

Who told you meditation is enough? :)

There are different techniques for enlightenment. I think Leo has a video on it. I can't remember it.

Basically all these techniques are centred around pumping your consciousness up. It is about integration I think.

Meditation is  not enough if you don't integrate your knowledge. Same counts for psychedelics or any other way of enlightenment.

By the way I procrastinate on meditation too much. I'm going to start again.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@Gesundheit thank you! Will definitely try this. 

@Guru Fat Bastard but how do you achieve that? What does 'experientially' mean? Meditation? I may sound dumb but I'm new to this so could you please explain it more?

@allislove thanks for the advice! But I think it's very worthwhile to listen to Shunyamurti the wiseguy. :)

@StarStruck thanks! What is integration? Is it shadow work?

Resonate with Atman now, this is Atman. All of the paths are part of the divine play, dreamt up by a singular eternal being which is. Finding out what is meant by a phrase is just food for thought, you are playing in yourself right now. If you hear this message, it will be the end of you. Unconditional Love is all, hearing this message is not a requirement, Atman has no intention for you to hear this, Atman is already.

@traveler nice! but this reminds of a neo-advaita path of denial.

I would say that it means that you have to use deep understanding, intelligence, to understand the mechanisms of the ego and the deepest reality, and to consciously select the latter. I find it interesting point of view, even having specific moments of consciousness, many times I choose the path of the ego. sex is an important factor there

6 hours ago, kagaria said:

Imo, it’s a pointing that unattachment to thought (no mind / samahdi) are not the full circle. It’s a caution not to write of understanding with beliefs, like ‘it’s an illusion’, specifically regarding choice, and that understanding ultimately ‘eats itself’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@traveler nice! but this reminds of a neo-advaita path of denial.

Any path is unconditional love appearing as denial of unconditional love. 

Understanding and consciousness are necessary.

Just because you meditate does not mean you understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I wonder why I don't fully get it even though I always try to understand people's wisdom?