SQAAD

Leo how do i accept pain,suffering and other uncomfortable truths?

20 posts in this topic

I am fearful of suffering and pain. I don't wanna experience everything.

How do i deal with torture, rape and other uncomfortable truths?

Should i just shift my focus?

And lastly, is there the possibility that i never experience pain & suffering again? Like maybe if enter the God mode you have talked about?

Any advice from anyone is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD not sure why you didn't get a response to this very important topic. Perhaps partly for the reason that we tend to avoid thinking about it in the first place. The ego hates it! 

I have struggled with this a lot and I still do to a degree. Facing these harsh truths about life as an organism makes the egoic self horrified. However by doing this you are being radically honest, and this is one of the most important factors in awakening.

Part of the illusion of ego is the shrouding of uncomfortable truths that remind it of its own eventual demise. You will die one day, possibly under horrific and painful circumstances. It's happening to organisms all over the world right now, but you just don't want to think about it. 

Well, here's my advice: do think about it. Think about the exact moment that you or anyone else you love will die. Think about watching the world burn. Feel your ego writhe about in fear and discomfort. 

Eventually you'll realise that despite your darkest fears, you're still here, and isn't that what you wanted all along? 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

@Shmurda

47 minutes ago, Shmurda said:

@SQAAD not sure why you didn't get a response to this very important topic. Perhaps partly for the reason that we tend to avoid thinking about it in the first place. The ego hates it! 

I have struggled with this a lot and I still do to a degree. Facing these harsh truths about life as an organism makes the egoic self horrified. However by doing this you are being radically honest, and this is one of the most important factors in awakening.

Thank you for the reply. 

I felt better when you said about struggling with the same problem. Now i don't feel so alone.

@SQAAD  Fear like this is a predictor of suffering, not a predictor of what will actually happen :) Also by not fearing or not resisting the existence of rape, genocide, racism, child molestation, heart disease, corona virus etc., you are not adding wood to the fire of the issue, you are just feeling better for your own sake. And when you feel better, it's usually easier to work on stuff.

I feel you man... I am still grappling with this too. The irony of course is that this fear is evidently and undeniably self-generated; so the most effective way to overcome it is to remind yourself over and over again that you are afraid of something that is literally non-existent in the here and now --- it's no more reasonable than being afraid of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You are essentially afraid of fear itself! Talk about some effed up strange loop, huh? ;)

Why so serious?

Absolute love is freedom to do all those things you dislike. You also created all of the devilish things to test your love.

On 19. 7. 2020 at 4:55 PM, SQAAD said:

I am fearful of suffering and pain. I don't wanna experience everything.

Then don't awaken and you won't experience all suffering. Why do you make such a deal of it? You have all the freedom to remain who you are.

Then again, if you awaken, it means you will have thrown away the ego and you won't experience any suffering anyway. 9_9

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir

16 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Then don't awaken and you won't experience all suffering. Why do you make such a deal of it? You have all the freedom to remain who you are.

Then again, if you awaken, it means you will have thrown away the ego and you won't experience any suffering anyway. 9_9

Sounds like a contradiction..

I want to awaken and never experience suffering,pain again. 

I want to end the Samsara. I hope that this is a possibility but i don't really know..

Edited by SQAAD

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

Sounds like a contradiction..

The statement is being judged against your current world-view. It doesn't fit, and therefore is neglected as a contradiction. It's how you keep yourself safe from it, by pulling hands away and leaving it rot in the shadows. You know very well why... ;)

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

I want to awaken and never experience suffering,pain again.

Are you willing to leave yourself behind? To find Yourself you must leave yourself at the gates of awakening. 

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

I want to end the Samsara.

Yet here you are actively creating it.

Edited by SirVladimir

Cheesy enlightened answer:

The things you listed do not actively make you suffer, your inner resistance to experience those things does.

You yourself is the source of suffering.

Edited by VerballyHazardous

Hey (: I think it is a very noble thing to do for yourself, to decide that you want to end suffering. I think that it's crucial to want only the best for yourself... That's lovely!

Trust your eyes, trust your experience, but listen to your heart! It will guide you. But sometimes it takes some time to get used to the language of the heart, be patient and ask whatever you want from your heart, listen carefully and trust its message. It only wants the best for you and it is your dearest compass out of the suffering :)

It's a good topic. I don't agree with any of the previous replies. Ramana Maharshi probably had the answer you seek, he seemed unaffected by pain, one example is when he got cancer and refused pain medication, I wish I knew how he did it.

I listened to a channeling of Jesus, apparently he used a yogic technique to put himself into some kind of deep meditative state before his execution, that way he didn't suffer. I think maybe Ramana did a similar thing. It has to do with changing one's state of consciousness, going into a trance state or deep samadhi, something like that. Then there is also the yogic teaching that pain is a flow, and one can surrender into that flow in order to not be so affected by it, however that technique would probably not work well against torture, in such extreme circumstance we would need something more like what Ramana and maybe Jesus did.

Rape and torture shouldn't exist at all.

Know that you will receive joy for the suffering you face, and pain for the suffering you cause when going against love.

Also, life in the spirit world, so long as one is in heaven (everyone gets there eventually) is of a far, far greater happiness than life on earth. Persevere, love, grow, pray. Things will get so much better one day.

Edited by Artsu

The final solution to Truth is surrender.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The final solution to Truth is surrender.

@Leo Gura If someone is being tortured like in those drug cartel torture videos, how would they surrender? I've (regrettably) seen videos of cartel members flay someones face, and poke around the insides while they were still alive. How is it even possible to surrender to something like that bro? When the complex, stubborn survival machinery, which is already largely unconscious, starts winding its wheels once you're getting tortured, what power can anyone have in stopping it? Why would God do this to people bruh, wtf. :(

Release me.

6 minutes ago, John Doe said:

How is it even possible to surrender to something like that bro?

In a situation like that, surrender is the only option.

It's impossible not to surrender when all other options are taken away from you.

Why would God do this to people bruh, wtf.

Love

You are God. It's what you are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, John Doe said:

@Leo Gura If someone is being tortured like in those drug cartel torture videos, how would they surrender? I've (regrettably) seen videos of cartel members flay someones face, and poke around the insides while they were still alive. How is it even possible to surrender to something like that bro? When the complex, stubborn survival machinery, which is already largely unconscious, starts winding its wheels once you're getting tortured, what power can anyone have in stopping it? Why would God do this to people bruh, wtf. :(

He's saying God is incapable of anything but love
so whatever is going on God loves it 

@Bazooka Jesus

35 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

You are essentially afraid of fear itself! Talk about some effed up strange loop, huh? ;)

Great point!

@Leo Gura

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In a situation like that, surrender is the only option.

It's impossible not to surrender when all other options are taken away from you.

Love

You are God. It's what you are.

Leo can you please elaborate on Love?