Maxman

Waking up heavy headed and tired

20 posts in this topic

Every morning I wake up after sleep, I feel heavy headed and tired. I never feel fresh. I also get dreams every night. I faced this same issue a year ago. But when I moved to a different place and started living with friends, this problem disappeared. But now that I am back home, it has started again. I have tried everything. Nothing helped then. Nothing is helping now.

Has anyone faced this problem? Please suggest ways to solve this issue.

I think it is good to start optimising your pre-sleep hygiene, having a pre-sleep ritual and avoiding any substances that could be interfering with sleep 

• Try to have max 2 cups of coffee per day with the second no later than 2 pm
  • Make sure to switch all electronics (including wifi) 3 hours before bed
  • consider purchasing blue light blocking glasses if you have a lot of LED lamps
  • 30 minutes before bedtime you can just walk around the house with a soy candle in your hand. I do that sometimes. Helps to avoid all melatonin-disturbing lights. 
  • Exercise during the day 
  • Avoid eating 2 hours before bed time 
  • Take a herbal tea such as chamomile or lavender 1 hour before bedtime
  • Meditation before bedtime helps to calm you and give you restorative sleep
  • Avoid reading academic or difficult books before bedtime, I found that massively impacts my sleep in a negative way. 
  • It could also be connected to the place you live: too much light, noise, 
  • Also consider that your bed sheets shouldn't make you too hot. The body needs to cool down by around 3 degrees to fall asleep. 
  • Make sure to remove all clocks and phones and visible time from your room

If nothing of that helps, you may consider seeing your doctor. Could be hyperthyroid issue, anxiety or depressive state or something else. Nightmares may also be unresolved issues and suppressed trauma so that may be a part of the puzzle but start with the points above 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Try to sleep before 11 in the night , Morning takes a cup of green tea which makes you feel refresh, do not eat heavy and oily food before going to bed, avoid smartphones before sleep.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Every morning I wake up after sleep, I feel heavy headed and tired. I never feel fresh. I also get dreams every night. I faced this same issue a year ago. But when I moved to a different place and started living with friends, this problem disappeared. But now that I am back home, it has started again. I have tried everything. Nothing helped then. Nothing is helping now.

Has anyone faced this problem? Please suggest ways to solve this issue.

Maybe it's an issue at home? If you live next to an airport then the noise from the airport could be disrupting your sleep, for example. Any possibility like that? 

No, no noise issues at home.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No, no noise issues at home.

Anything else though? A difference between the living conditions between your home and your friend's house? Maybe the difference is mental/emotional? 

Yeah. There is a difference. I don't feel as free at home. 

Could it be possible that you simply have some mild allergies?
I for example currently have hayfever and one of my symptoms is exactly what you described. Sometimes my nose is only the tiniest bit stuffy, so I don't even always notice what is causing my trouble breathing. I also often get headaches and feel tired.
If you think that could be the cause, try washing your face or even better showering before bed, also wash your face and, blow your nose and use nasal spray when you get up. Of course you could also try using medication like ceterizine, but this could in turn make you even more tired, which is why I don't like using it. If you find out that it's in fact allergies, unfortunately you just gotta learn to wait it out until the triggers gone.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah. There is a difference. I don't feel as free at home. 

Then maybe it's time for you to move out? I don't know your age or life situation so I wont say that it's 100% the right move. That's up to you to decide. Just something to consider for yourself :)) 

Sleep apnea is a common cause of this. Although there can be many other causes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What do you do 1h before bed?

Also, how is your ecology situation there and how it is different from where you were with friends? 

I'm not in the best ecological place right now and I sometimes feel heavy af after I sleep with open windows and there is a wind from toxic garbage-recycling factories that work at night when everyone is asleep

On 15/07/2020 at 2:47 PM, Hello from Russia said:

What do you do 1h before bed?

Also, how is your ecology situation there and how it is different from where you were with friends? 

I'm not in the best ecological place right now and I sometimes feel heavy af after I sleep with open windows and there is a wind from toxic garbage-recycling factories that work at night when everyone is asleep

I am either on my phone or reading a book.

The room is not as open and less fresh air comes in the room. 

The problem has gotten even worse now. The heavy-headed feeling is so intense now, it feels like a headache. And it happens every morning.

@Maxman Do a urine test for heavy metal toxicity. Heavy metals cause brain fog for sure if you got too much of them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Mold Toxicity. I am having the same problems. Might be time to move house and detox/cleanse your body. It’s a long recovery process. 

I have actual narcolepsy. What helped me?

histamine

pregnenolone

If you have thyroid issues: T3 (if they give you T4, try to get T3, it is way more effective but way less sides), histamine, pregnenolone, DHEA, cortisol (nasal spray), keto diet, fasting can all be tried. One by one.

Also get testosterone level checked!

It could be any number of problems, given more information we might be able to narrow it down but there are just too many possibilities with the info you've given. Try seeing a doctor about your issues and they might run some tests

A holistic approach to self-development:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SYn51AKL3DLkFsuqI9kbw

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

The problem could be physical, environmental or psychological.

If physical: optimize sleep, nutrition and exercise. Check your health with medical exams (blood tests, urine tests, ecc.)

If environmental: other users have given useful advice.

If psychological: maybe it's a coping mechanism

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Maybe there isn't enough blue light coming in the morning to wake you up, which can cause you to oversleep and make you drowsy. Keep your curtains open to allow blue light in the morning, it will naturally wake you up. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes.

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️