TrustTheProcess

Fox News

95 posts in this topic

@wwhy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

Blue collared people are the majority of Americans outside of major cities and suburbs in the US. They can't afford to be unrealistically idealistic, you won't see many if any of them at right wing rallies because many of them follow practical values past down to them, they're busy raising a family and working. Don't mistake this as a race thing either, there are many black, Asian, and Mexican blue collared workers.

It's so easy for "woke" people to critique working class people for not being progressive enough when they live a cushy lifestyle supported by daddies money, let them eat cake.

54 minutes ago, moth said:

It's so easy for "woke" people to critique working class people for not being progressive enough when they live a cushy lifestyle supported by daddies money, let them eat cake.

90% of Bernie Sanders supporters are working class people. Bernie is the posterboy for progressive and his entire platform is for the working class. 

1 hour ago, moth said:

Could you imagine seeing through the eyes of someone who makes their living spending their whole week, 12 hours a day working at a steel mill?

Yes, such folks are ethnocentric and nationalist.

FoxNews is that entire worldview on display 24/7/365.

I've spent 100s of hours listening to right wing talk radio with an open mind.

Conclusion: it's pure trash.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

LOL. 90% of Bernie Sanders supporters are working class people. Bernie is the posterboy for progressive and his entire platform is for the working class. 

Huh, wonder why his campaign flopped.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't disagree, but the point still stands that it's easy to critique these people with a closed mind when you live a cushy lifestyle. (Just like police)

Edited by moth
Add on

1 hour ago, moth said:

@wwhy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

This is so deeply misguided... you clearly don't understand progressives or green at all. please consider watching this and explain to me how this is against working class americans. This is actually how a majority of progressives think. This is what they are fighting for. the woke sjw trope is an overblown distraction. SJWs exist and green of course can get triggered(like all tier 1 and actually ironically, they generally don't get as triggered as like blue), but the movement is deeper than that. 

Edited by louhad

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

FoxNews is that entire worldview on display 24/7/365.

I've spent 100s of hours listening to right wing talk radio with an open mind.

Conclusion: it's pure trash.

my dad had one of those old radios set to AM talk radio while I was growing up. rush limbaugh, bob grant, mike savage, etc.... I hope you didn't subject yourself to this on your own :S

Edited by Lyubov

13 hours ago, moth said:

Huh, wonder why his campaign flopped.

Because he is too progressive. The average American isn’t ready for his platform yet. It’s one generation away from it’s majority.

The younger generations are ready for a progressive platform, yet they aren’t enough. Young people vote at much lower rates than older people. Young people are more progressive and become the prevailing views over time. And older people die off. And then the progressives become conservative relative to the younger generation’s new form of progressive. Perhaps it might be called “neo-progressives” in the future. 

37 minutes ago, moth said:

I don't disagree, but the point still stands that it's easy to critique these people with a closed mind when you live a cushy lifestyle. (Just like police)

Yeah, well... I'm not about to support people who support Trump.

11 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

my dad had one of those old radios set to AM talk radio while I was growing up. rush limbaugh, bob grant, mike savage, etc.... I hope you didn't subject yourself to this on your own :S

Of course on my own.

I would deliberately listen to right-wing media when I was a teen (even though I was liberal) in order to understand their perspective.

I studied them like apes flinging shit at the zoo.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, moth said:

Blue collared people are the majority of Americans outside of major cities and suburbs in the US. They can't afford to be unrealistically idealistic, you won't see many if any of them at right wing rallies because many of them follow practical values past down to them, they're busy raising a family and working. Don't mistake this as a race thing either, there are many black, Asian, and Mexican blue collared workers.

So its more of a regional vs urban mindset thing, right? And what are some of these practical values? Give a few examples please..

What about those living in the cities then? Why are they less likely to be blue collared people? Could they also be busy working and raising families?

1 hour ago, moth said:

Hold on....

This sounds more like the top one percent! Is that who you're talking about? The group that does not have to work for a living? And don't mention cake, am trying to minimize on those carbs

Edited by wwhy

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Because he is too progressive. The average American isn’t ready for his platform yet. It’s one generation away from it’s majority.

Yeah, you just proved my point.

17 minutes ago, louhad said:

This is so deeply misguided... you clearly don't understand progressives or green at all. please consider watching this and explain to me how this is against working class americans. This is actually how a majority of progressives think. This is what they are fighting for. the woke sjw trope is an overblown distraction. SJWs exist and green of course can get triggered(like all tier 1 and actually ironically, they generally don't get as triggered as like blue), but the movement is deeper than that. 

Didn't say Bernie was against working class.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, well... I'm not about to support people who support Trump.

Didn't suggest you do so, instead understanding the underlying humanity in these people, appreciating every small detail that plays into them being stubborn in their ways instead of being frustrated at seeing people supporting Trump. Just like anyone who has to see through the lower levels of the spiral of other countries. I'm not saying agree with them.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:17 AM, DivineSoda said:

@DrewNowsThere are many higher quality news outlets you can find online (or better yet read books).

Can you name a few of those?  That could be a great new topic to discuss;  I doubt most know even where to look.  I've been limiting my news exposure but would love to find more unbiased opinions.  FoxNews is the worst but CNN is so predictable it makes me gag sometimes.  

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I studied them like apes flinging shit at the zoo.

LOL. Imagine if you got on a right-wing radio talk show as a guest.

"Yeah, I used to listen to your show on the radio a lot as a teen. I studied it like apes flinging shit at the zoo."

@SerpaeTetra Quite a few - Reuters, Associated Press, ABC12, Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post are pretty credible sources. However, you need to adopt a workflow for the consumption and verification of news and media in general. I use https://mediabiasfactcheck.com to understand the leanings/tendencies of an outlet to gauge how reliable a piece of information would be. Snopes (https://www.snopes.com/) is a great to tool you can use to guard against fake news.

Release me.

21 minutes ago, John Doe said:

@SerpaeTetra Quite a few - Reuters, Associated Press, ABC12, Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post are pretty credible sources. However, you need to adopt a workflow for the consumption and verification of news and media in general. I use https://mediabiasfactcheck.com to understand the leanings/tendencies of an outlet to gauge how reliable a piece of information would be. Snopes (https://www.snopes.com/) is a great to tool you can use to guard against fake news.

That seems like a good start.  Many topics in the Political Subforum get cluttered by the original news source.  If we can find some neutral news sources that are fair, we can eliminate a lot of the unnecessary opinions (Fox, CNN, etc.) of those outside of this forum. 

8 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Can you name a few of those?  That could be a great new topic to discuss;  I doubt most know even where to look.  I've been limiting my news exposure but would love to find more unbiased opinions.  FoxNews is the worst but CNN is so predictable it makes me gag sometimes.  

Good question. Unfortunately I am not free to share my opinion on that matter here on this forum. However as a blanket rule, stay away from mainstream media. And by mainstream, I do mean a lot more than just Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc (but that's a great start). Most of the stuff shared online and especially here on this forum would fall under MSM. Wise men since the beginning of media/newspapers have warned against this trap. And you can label me all the things for saying that, I don't care one lick (stage red, dualistic, no nuance, close-minded, delusional, binary, hyper-simplistic, non-woke buffoon). 

@John Doe No sir, none of what you listed I would consider good sources of news. You're only looking surface level, so you're going to get just a better "sounding" surface level news. At the end of the day, you'll still be complaining about the same things everyone else is regarding the world, which will continue to distract you from the issues that really matter (the root causes to all our problems).

Somebody tell me what this is. Is this true? Or is this laden with conservative projections? Did they really say 'undo your whiteness'?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

37 minutes ago, louhad said:

@DivineSoda Tim Pool? Paul Joseph Watson?

I'm not going to share specific sources here on this forum, I've tried that before. All I can say is, nobody has it all right. Take what resonates and leave the rest. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. You have to take in a wide variety of sources, even the fringe ones you want so badly to label as "conspiracy theory". Trust that you can discern what's true and what's not while keeping an open mind. And allow yourself to revise your own beliefs from time to time as you evolve. Don't let anyone, no matter who it is, ever tell you something is crazy or delusional. It's all perspective and everyone is at different levels of development (and no-one knows what level they're truly at). 

8 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Somebody tell me what this is. Is this true? Or is this laden with conservative projections? Did they really say 'undo your whiteness'?

Well I don't think it would be so surprising at this point