Red-White-Light

Solipsism is True!

664 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

All that exists is one consciousness

you assume 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Inliytened1

Much appreciated, but that question was more for our solipsist friend. 

Gotchya bud i didn't even realize it was you who asked i just responded :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Johnny5 said:

In my experience, solipsists don't have friends...

They do but they are imaginary.  You are friends with folks in your dream at night and you interact with them dont ya?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

you assume 

I use direct experience to validate this which is the only reliable metric any being has.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Inliytened1 am I aware? . You are aware obviously you know that for certain. But am I aware?  Yes or no? 

If no that's solipsism. If yes.. Please explain to me what is nonduality if there's more than one focal point of awareness in the universe or separate individual awarenesses? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Inliytened1 am I aware? . You are aware obviously you know that for certain. But am I aware?  Yes or no? 

If no that's solipsism. If yes.. Please explain to me what is nonduality if there's more than one focal point of awareness in the universe or separate individual awarenesses? 

Solipsism is a philosophy.   Reality goes far beyond Solipsism.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

what is nonduality if there's more than one focal point of awareness

that is precisely why I am beating my head against the wall. Non-dual means one! I really from all my heart can not grasp it, how is it possible to have 7 billions of POVs. That is a duality. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Solipsism is a philosophy.   Reality goes far beyond Solipsism.  

You didn't answer the question. So I suppose you have no answer. Fine no worries. 

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You didn't answer the question. So I suppose you have no answer. Fine no worries. 

Its completely subjective.  Meaning there is only one dream.  Yours.  Or depending on perspective - mine.  So other perspectives are imaginary.  Identical to a dream.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Its completely subjective.  Meaning there is only one dream.  Yours.  Or depending on perspective - mine.  So other perspectives are imaginary.  Identical to a dream.

Yeah sure.. That's solipsism.  Get rid of the word if you don't like it.. But that's what solipsism says.  Notice here.. You said depending on the perspective.. What perspectives?  Is there any perspective that exists other than yours right this moment ?  Again If you say yes then that's naive realism which means duality . If you say no that's solipsism. If you say yes and no then you didn't say anything. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah sure.. That's solipsism.  Get rid of the word if you don't like it.. But that's what solipsism says.  Notice here.. You said depending on the perspective.. What perspectives?  Is there any perspective that exists other than yours right this moment ?  Again If you say yes then that's naive realism which means duality . If you say no that's solipsism. If you say yes and no then you didn't say anything. 

Solipsism states its just a finite mind.  Thats not what reality is because it is Infinite.

You are trying to rationalize reality and you can't because Truth is prior to it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Solipsism states its just a finite mind.  Thats not what reality is because it is Infinite.

I'm not gonna leave you today  lol.. Is there any perspective or pov other than yours right this very moment??  Answer that question please. The answer should be so obvious btw. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

That is Spira's definition and it's bullshit.

From Wikipedia - Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. Wikipedia

What it gets right is an external physical world.   But there is no mention of infinite Mind or God here.    That means finite mind to me

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Johnny5 said:

That is Spira's definition and it's bullshit.

12 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

From Wikipedia summary, for your quick reference guys: ( Thank you wiki ?)

Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ (listen); from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

Denial of material existence, in itself, does not constitute solipsism.

A feature of the metaphysical solipsistic worldview is the denial of the existence of other minds. Since personal experiences are private and ineffable, another being's experience can be known only by analogy.

Philosophers try to build knowledge on more than an inference or analogy. The failure of Descartes' epistemological enterprise brought to popularity the idea that all certain knowledge may go no further than "I think; therefore I exist"[4] without providing any real details about the nature of the "I" that has been proven to exist.

The theory of solipsism also merits close examination because it relates to three widely held philosophical presuppositions, each itself fundamental and wide-ranging in importance:[4]

My most certain knowledge is the content of my own mind—my thoughts, experiences, affects, etc.

There is no conceptual or logically necessary link between mental and physical—between, say, the occurrence of certain conscious experience or mental states and the 'possession' and behavioral dispositions of a 'body' of a particular kind.

The experience of a given person is necessarily private to that person.

To expand on the second point, the conceptual problem here is that the previous assumes mind or consciousness (which are attributes) can exist independent of some entity having this capability, i.e., that an attribute of an existent can exist apart from the existent itself. If one admits to the existence of an independent entity (e.g., the brain) having that attribute, the door is open. (See Brain in a vat)

Some people hold that, while it cannot be proven that anything independent of one's mind exists, the point that solipsism makes is irrelevant. This is because, whether the world as we perceive it exists independently or not, we cannot escape this perception (except via death), hence it is best to act assuming that the world is independent of our minds.[5]

There is also the issue of plausibility to consider. If one is the only mind in existence, then one is maintaining that one's mind alone created all of which one is apparently aware. This includes the symphonies of Beethoven, the works of Shakespeare, all of mathematics and science (which one can access via one's phantom libraries), etc. Critics of solipsism find this somewhat implausible.[citation needed]

However, being aware simply acknowledges its existence; it does not identify the actual creations until they are observed by the user

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

From Wikipedia - Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. Wikipedia

That's absolutely true.  You can't argue with that can you?.  Suppose for example that your whole life was one giant ass dream.. You wouldn't know that as you see every night you get fooled that the dream world exists independently from your mind but as soon as you wake up you discover it had no existence outside of your mind.  What does the mind being finite or infinite changes in that regard?  That knowledge itself has to be derived from the experience that you had inside the dream world itself.  

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

It doesn't say anything about it being a finite mind. It doesn't say anything at all about the nature of the mind that is known (with absolute certainty!) to exist.

Dude - its pretty obvious.  But even if werent reality is an infinite Mind.  So solipism is just a philosophical concept.

As @Someone here stated - if there were multiple perspectives happening simultaneously that would be a concept and separation.    To say there are multiple dimensions or dreams is also going too far.  Reality is open ended.  Like a video game.

I'm not taking this a belief i literally woke up to every other perspective being in my Mind as God or Infinite Mind.  .but notice not as my finite mind - as God.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

- if there were multiple perspectives happening simultaneously that would be a concept and separation.    To say there are multiple dimensions or dreams is also going too far.  Reality is open ended.  Like a video game.

So I said before.. You have no idea.  Fine I dig that. I won't pressure you anymore. But please don't tell solipsists that they are wrong when you yourself have no clue. 

-Osho

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@Inliytened1

So I said before.. You have no idea.  Fine I dig that. I won't pressure you anymore. But please don't tell solipsists that they are wrong when you yourself have no clue. 

Huh?  I said Solipsism doesn't go far enough

Are you saying there is only your finite mind?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.