Annoynymous

Leo, are you missing your heart? Or is it just my problem?

31 posts in this topic

It is not a post intended to be funny. I have been hearing from Leo's video for last four years. Recently i find it hard to listen to him as i found his way of talking too much thought centric,  logical and sometimes heartless. I usually don't find enough empathy,compassion and emotion in his video. Yeah, what he talks about seems right when i think about it, but it just doesn't "feel" right. This was not the case even 6 months ago for me. Then i had enjoyed listening to him. But now a days i don't fully resonate with his teaching style.

Is it the case only for me or do others face the same problem too?

I want to hear Leo's opinion as well.

Most people i introduce to leos content are turned off by how aggressive his communication style is. They would rater listen to someone that resonates higher emotions. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Everyone is different, Leo's style is autistic for autistic people, Matt Khan, Eckhart Tolle is for pussies, its just different teaching styles. 

i find him to be very convinced of what he says and don't agree with the "no emotion" fact. If you had seen his vids you know how much he cries. Sometimes a lot sometimes less, he gets emotional when talking about his experiences in his path.

Is he right or wrong is another topic to discuss.

I think it's too much to ask for. He has so many talents already. 

I guess somebody could take some of his work and bring it little bit further. 

A person with special talents who can sell that stuff to other audiences.

Edited by Epikur

I don't find that to be a problem really

If he pisses off people that's nice; I think that's his goal.

Being polarizing attracts the people that actually want to get into this work.

I am not questioning Leo's credibility, i am just asking about his communication style, that's all.

1 hour ago, Annoynymous said:

I have been hearing from Leo's video for last four years.

People change daily. Given you've watched him for so long, he may seem less familiar to you. I am still in Leo's early videos. I've seen very short moments of his newer videos and he's a completely different person.

I noticed Leo lacks empathy in things I've seen here and in videos. But we all lack empathy.  There's no reason to judge this aspect of him or any other aspects. He is his own god. His own sovereign. You are yours. Love him despite these observations. He's doing enough, he is enough. 

I wouldn't say Tolle is for "pussies." He has a very different way of speaking. He's more polite and sensitive. It also sounds like he's British. They're more polite. I'm going through a Tolle phase. He's difficult to relate to and listen to but I'm forcing myself to gain a different perspective. 

I've noticed I'm too forward and too brash at times. Which is why I was attracted to Leo. So maybe Leo is not meant to be my main teacher. But he is still pure love. 

Edited by JessiChell

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

He's being authentic though... and recently I've seen more empathy and compassion from him

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

Everyone is different, Leo's style is autistic for autistic people, Matt Khan, Eckhart Tolle is for pussies, its just different teaching styles. 

LMAO, could be true for most of his followers? idk? I think I was the polar opposite of autistic (overly emotional) when I first started watching him and I'm more emotionally balanced now

Eckhart Tolle's teaching style puts me off... but I probably need to give him more of a chance, I do like Rupert Spira though

Outer personalities are kinda superficial and distracting from the main purpose of people's teachings (but ofc we are programmed to be influenced by them) 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

His content is too much thought masturbation, it applied well to his older content because practical topics are at least done some justice by being explained in detail, but even his older content was much shorter than the content he's producing now that's ~2 HRS+.

Really, what's the point in listening to a 2+ HR rant about a spiritual truth if all he can do is point to the truth and all the words don't do the teaching justice? Even if you can handle the two hour rant good luck trying to integrate the fact he was only trying to point to direct experience and not get stuck on all the information thrown at you. A listener who hasn't experienced the stuff he talks about is more likely to analyze the information to death and mind fuck themselves rather than try to awaken via direct experience.

I've had more spiritual success with other teachers just because it seems like as well as being spiritually successful they've also nailed down how to actually teach these things and that there's a method other than just venting all your spiritual experiences out via language and saying "there you go, now actually forget everything I just said because it's meaningless until you experience it directly".

Leo's teachings lose their power because he explains them to death driving listeners who haven't experienced awakening neurotic because they analyze what he says rather than experience.

55 minutes ago, Espaim said:

I don't find that to be a problem really

If he pisses off people that's nice; I think that's his goal.

Being polarizing attracts the people that actually want to get into this work.

So it's sort of a Trump approach to spirituality? 

Straight to the point, no beating about the bush, no dicking about. Someone before me there pointed out his crying at times. If that’s not showing compassion I don’t know what is, crying publicly in front of millions. Well I don’t know actually if it’s millions that watch his stuff, but you know what I mean. I don’t know what people want, if he was sobbing about and speaking as though he was in la la land to satisfy the soft ollies of the world I’ve no doubt he’d lose the core of his audience. Have to be genuine. And genuine in my opinion is what you get. The ones who arnt keen on it will switch off I’m sure. I’m also of absolute certainty that this would not bother the guy in the slightest if some people do. You really can’t knock anyone for being genuine. But then again, we all have different ways. I criticise other ways and methods. You are absolutely free too to criticise his one

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

. Recently i find it hard to listen to him as i found his way of talking too much thought centric,  logical and sometimes heartless. I usually don't find enough empathy,compassion and emotion in his video.

1 hour ago, integral said:

Most people i introduce to leos content are turned off by how aggressive his communication style is. They would rater listen to someone that resonates higher emotions. 

1 hour ago, arlin said:

i find him to be very convinced of what he says and don't agree with the "no emotion" fact. If you had seen his vids you know how much he cries.

Interesting paradox, all three are true. This Leo guy is an enigma. 

I attribute it to not enough live interaction with people on what he talks about 

28 minutes ago, Moon said:

LMAO, could be true for most of his followers?

LMAO !! 

@Dazgwny you are missing the point

I am not criticizing Leo.

Crying takes courage but this post is not about it.

If i can't resonate with something that doesn't automatically mean that thing is wrong or bad.

You are lacking the nuance that i am talking about.

@Pookie i am an INFP/INFJ and enneagram type 4. I think that quite closely resonates with Leo.

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

So it's sort of a Trump approach to spirituality? 

?

I can taste the bitterness there. Are you dissatisfied by Leo's lack of embodiment? I honestly am.

@Annoynymous

But to be fair, I am dissatisfied by all the spiritual teachers. Gathering people for satsangs, preaching to people like priests do, uploading youtube videos about spirituality, etc are good, but not enough. I have already heard enough. Now, I want to see their hands and feet do the talking.

I'm happy Jesus's life and teachings were documented. I hope he really existed and his teachings written on the bible were close to what they really were. He was the best teacher because he could do both, walk and talk. Ramana Maharshi might have also been a walk-and-talk teacher. I haven't done much research about him, so I can't make a strong conclusion. But I can confidently say Jesus dwarfs Ramana in terms of "live teaching/philosphy demonstration" and world impact.

@Annoynymous Did something shift in your life? 

It's normal to shift in and out of resonance with teachers. Maybe you need a different focus now. 

Does it bother you a lot that listening to Leo isn't fulfilling anymore? 

5 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Dazgwny you are missing the point

I am not criticizing Leo.

Crying takes courage but this post is not about it.

If i can't resonate with something that doesn't automatically mean that thing is wrong or bad.

You are lacking the nuance that i am talking about.

Of course it’s a critique?. I’d have to say that you yourself are lacking the ‘nuance’ that you yourself are trying to talk about. I wonder where you picked up the word ‘nuance’?. Very likely from the man your criticising?. I’m not here to back up Leo’s ways anyway tbh I’m not even sure why I’m bothering. He’s more than capable of doing that himself. I think I’ll zip it ? on here for a while and just observe. I certainly respect all views and opinions, your one included??

@Elisabeth lately i have been busy making practical life choices and chasing my career goals such as going abroad for further study and many other things. In these time, i am focusing more on practical issues and less on spiritual ones. In fact,  i have been in my heads mostly in last 5-6 months or so. So in these time, listening to Leo's content becoming tough and not enjoyable for me.