iceprincess

are the George Floyd riots justified?

27 posts in this topic

a lot of people are saying they're kind of happy these violent riots and lootings are happening because this is the only way to get justice and without brutal force  they wouldn't be able to bring attention to this issue and bring change. i personally don't think destroying innocent people's property and completely erasing their life savings justifies trying to make the world a better place. i just wanna hear your opinions on this because a lot of people are kind of in support or at least trying to justify this. also do you think this will motivate positive change in the police force? something tells me that these policemen who are in constant fear of being attacked by this ongoing violence and dealing with rioters who are majority young black men ( i watched a lot of the live coverage) is just gonna perpetuate their beliefs and judgements about how they should deal with criminals especially black criminals. idk help me  see this situation clearly

riot.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justification is irrelevant. 

It is exactly as it is. No need to invent moral stories about it. Take it without judgment.

Everything is playing out as it must to maxmize Love.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything is playing out as it must to maxmize Love.

How do you know that?

If it's true, how can i know that?

And why would it be that way? why wouldn't love already be maximized ?

Edited by Leeeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@iceprincess Ikr!! Then these same people will demonize mass shooters when a mass shooting occurs. Mass shootings occur for similar reasons, because of the shadows of society.


"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leeeon said:

How do you know that?

By waking up.

Quote

If it's true, how can i know that?

By waking up.

Quote

And why would it be that way?

Why would it be any other way?

Quote

why wouldn't love already be maximized ?

It is, and here it is, playing out. Max love is not a static picture, it's an unfolding movie. At least from the human POV.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the current protests are necessary to help resolve the underlying systemic problem of racism.  I prefer not to participate in these protests because I don't want to get swept away in a mob and hurt somebody even though protests are intended to be peaceful.  I think that if my property were damaged by this movement, then I would be mad at black lives matter.  I see it can be complicated to take these different points of view into account.

Notice how without the current protests we may not be talking about racism.  Look at how much it affects out thoughts and perceptions.  This is change happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trenton said:

I feel like the current protests are necessary to help resolve the underlying systemic problem of racism.  I prefer not to participate in these protests because I don't want to get swept away in a mob and hurt somebody even though protests are intended to be peaceful.  I think that if my property were damaged by this movement, then I would be mad at black lives matter.  I see it can be complicated to take these different points of view into account.

Notice how without the current protests we may not be talking about racism.  Look at how much it affects out thoughts and perceptions.  This is change happening.

It can be seen as playing with fire. It reminds of other revolutions where you got somethings worse like civil war, dictatorships, genocides. 

There is probably a better way to do it than steeling TV's and destroying peoples livelihoods and being racist to fight against racism. Reminds me of Zimbabwe where the revolutionaries produced hunger and destruction.

Now this thing even came to Europe. Thugs on the street. 

Though sometimes it works.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riots are a terrible way of dealing with tragedies like the George Floyd incident. Looting and rioting will only further divide the nation. Nothing says, "We are a bunch of thugs," like rioting and looting. Fire will be met with fire. A lot of protesters know this and there are a lot of peaceful demonstrations. As for the actual rioters and looters I think they are taking advantage of a situation where society and store owners are in a vulnerable position. They know they can get away with it so they do it. They are acting out of selfishness, rather than promoting equality. I'm glad that people are coming together and protesting, it's time for change and the protests are illuminating the problem and drawing lots of attention. Good will come of the situation but there will be those whose hatred grows as they see violent and reactive behavior. It is time to come together and unite, not divide and destroy trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-06-08 at 5:22 AM, ivory said:

Riots are a terrible way of dealing with tragedies like the George Floyd incident. Looting and rioting will only further divide the nation. Nothing says, "We are a bunch of thugs," like rioting and looting. Fire will be met with fire. A lot of protesters know this and there are a lot of peaceful demonstrations. As for the actual rioters and looters I think they are taking advantage of a situation where society and store owners are in a vulnerable position. They know they can get away with it so they do it. They are acting out of selfishness, rather than promoting equality. I'm glad that people are coming together and protesting, it's time for change and the protests are illuminating the problem and drawing lots of attention. Good will come of the situation but there will be those whose hatred grows as they see violent and reactive behavior. It is time to come together and unite, not divide and destroy trust.

4

@ivory  Exactly, the George Floyd case was too disturbing that the masses project those negative emotions outward, onto other people, places, the police, the whites, and the state. And the state, for many communities the new god, is happy to play whatever roles and projections the masses want it to play, as long as it distracts from deeper issues brewing within.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2020 at 7:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

Justification is irrelevant. 

It is exactly as it is. No need to invent moral stories about it. Take it without judgment.

Everything is playing out as it must to maxmize Love.

Nah. I disagree with all due respect. Its unacceptable. The police murder + people running out of a target with TVs + burning it to the ground. The bigger issue imho being the smokescreen. Before this, covid + distancing + government print money (what Floyd essentially got arrested for). The disharmony is a smokescreen of the larger issues. Note, the celebrities be it LeBron or John Legend championing riots WHY? Defund police because they will suffer the consequences? No. The people will. Election year and nonsense occurs. SHOCKING! 

I am reading Path to God by Ram Das atm. Sadly, anybody caught in the riots needs to bare arms. I am not there thank God and i pray i never find myself in the predicament but I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself or loved ones. The police action is unacceptable as is the riots, theft, murder within the community or by cops, and a series of other events. 

Edited by Onemanwolfpac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Onemanwolfpac

12 minutes ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

Nah. I disagree with all due respect. Its unacceptable. The police murder + people running out of a target with TVs + burning it to the ground. The bigger issue imho being the smokescreen. Before this, covid + distancing + government print money (what Floyd essentially got arrested for). The disharmony is a smokescreen of the larger issues. Note, the celebrities be it LeBron or John Legend championing riots WHY? Defund police because they will suffer the consequences? No. The people will. Election year and nonsense occurs. SHOCKING! 

I am reading Path to God by Ram Das atm. Sadly, anybody caught in the riots needs to bare arms. I am not there thank God and i pray i never find myself in the predicament but I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself or loved ones. The police action is unacceptable as is the riots, theft, murder within the community or by cops, and a series of other events. 

   Exactly. This is all leading to somewhere dark, like a negativity synchronicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.

-Mahatma Gandhi


We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2020 at 8:07 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Onemanwolfpac

   Exactly. This is all leading to somewhere dark, like a negativity synchronicity.

But the moral, gender politics, identity politics, etc just portrays how parasitic people are. If a group is against cops murdering, they will be against murder in the community. The fact its not mentioned illustrates intellectual dishonesty. The same goes for idiocy in AOC wheeling victim card for minorities or children are drinking from toilets. This parasite hasn't worked a honest day in her life but uses minorities and children as her shield. Disgusting human being. Obviously, riots are unacceptable but LeBron and legend cheer it on. Why? If i were to guess, money. Cur sponsors. Regardless of how much fallout, thry carry no consequence but the people do. They will suffer and yet, people run to the government be it activists or covid. God forbid critical thinking and problem solving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

This parasite hasn't worked a honest day in her life but uses minorities and children as her shield. Disgusting human being. 

As someone who worked years serving tables and bartending, I can say that is a load of bullshit. 

And stop demonizing others. Tone down your rhetoric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they were justified. But it only played out the way that it did because of manipulation. Without the manipulation, there are no protests/riots. 

If people were really that in tune with their morality and standing up for what's right, we would've be out in the streets the moment we left our mother's womb's.. because there has always been much more significant things to protest/riot about. We just don't care/pay attention.

We only care now because we are followers and have been told to care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DivineSoda "told to care" is a very interesting point and I hope you elaborate.  Sometimes I get caught in a situation where "being nice" conflicts with my true impulses.  For example, I may prefer to leave a man who needs someone to talk to because I want to practice social distancing.  This mask is beneficial in many scenerios, but sometimes it simply does not work and I can't reason with people or win them over with kindness.  This can be hard to let go of If this kindness has good results sometimes and is reinforced by a sense of morality that Can lead to people exploiting me.  Can you explain more about how we are taught to care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@trenton It's our sources of information. Our television programming tells us what to care about. Today it's the Internet/social media. We think the Internet is a place of freedom with a wide range of ideas discussed openly.. think again (especially if you're still using Google). We live and think in a box, and it starts with our education and childhood upbringing. Our culture then reinforces this box to each other. This very forum is a prime example of this, under the guise of "radical open-mindedness". It's bullshit. I've seen enough examples here of exactly the opposite. Leo himself contradicts his own rules all the time. 

It's a game. We are controlled in ways we don't even realize. And we do it to each other. Just look at coronavirus now for example. We don't even need the government to police us to wear our masks.. we police ourselves. We snitch and shame and judge on each other. More hate, more division. Why? Because we've been told to. 

So now we have the George Floyd protests/riots. One would argue this was just the tipping point. But we passed the tipping point a long time ago. Decades ago. We've been on auto-pilot. There has been so much going on to be outraged by, but we don't take to the streets until they say so. And this time, we've been activated to care and riot and create chaos. Keeping the race wars alive and fresh. With chaos comes an opportunity for a new order. A new normal. 

Remember when there were those protesting the lockdown? Those crazy right wingers? We were told to be outraged because of how close they were gathering. But just a month later, we have nation-wide protests in every major city across the nation for George Floyd. But now, it's okay. "Let them protest" they told us. It's important. 

It's a game. Just imagine, what are you going to be told to care about next? Keep following the news, you'll find out. Because there's a lot more coming. 

Edited by DivineSoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DivineSoda

Buttons are pushed all the time. But there are many puppet masters. So nobody knows the outcome. There are many possible scenarios.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now