VeganAwake

Non-Duality 101

69 posts in this topic

First and foremost the cornerstone of non-duality is the recognition of No Self.

When this is recognized, there can be a drastic shift in perception and a so-called seeing through or shattering of the ego construct or self agenda paradigm that believed it was a separate individual located within the body.

When this occurs it's simultaneously recognized there never was a separate individual that could ever have something called a Non Dual Awakening or experience. That entire belief or way of perceiving dissolves( hence why it's called an illusion and a very persistent one at that... it's the closest word that can describe this illusory separate self experience; aka duality)

Duality is then recognized for what it is, a misunderstanding or a misidentification with thought and energy as the 'ME' character located in the body.

It can then seem silly or futile to say that Duality collapses or is transcended because it's recognized to have never been real in the first place. 

Something that was never real doesn't collapse or get transcended... it's simply recognized for what it truly is, unreal.

" The separation never occurred"

-- A Course in Miracles (ACIM)

To say something collapses or gets transcended is subtly saying that it was real to begin with... which then brings you back into the dream that Duality is actually a thing.

Now this does not mean that there aren't apparent separate bodies walking around with apparent space or distance located between them.... what is being pointed to is, there isn't anyone inside the body... there isn't a separate individual 'ME' character located within the bodies.

Be aware that some of these so-called non-dual teachers that preach that your true self or higher self is ultimately Consciousness are still functioning within the dream

They cannot go beyond the confines or understanding of their own mind and recognize that the self is simply and completely unreal, so they just adopt another concept and believe they then must be higher consciousness or God or something like that...

this is how tricky true non-duality can be ....even the apparent best of all time we're still caught within the dream that there is someone or something here that is conscious of everything out there(it's still subtle duality)

There isn't anything wrong with it because it's WHAT IS....it's THIS!!

It's absolutely radical unbelievable incomprehensible and perfect for No One!! ❤ ❤ ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake How did you recognize the truth of no self?

How do i know when i got it, or i've just convinced myself i got it?

<3 You can point to this, but you are pointing nowhere. The pointing is what is pointed to. Words are just energy pointing to itself. There is a recognition, but no one recognizes. Concepts and ideas about what it is are stories, what is pointed to is this but it can not be found or understood. It is total unconditional freedom/love.
I'll check out A Course In Miracles, I'm in love with this message <3

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@VeganAwake that's only because you haven't broken out of the dream.  What you are missing is that there are Absolutes and ultimately the Absolute which is outside of the dream.  Which is what i tried to convey to @Traveler. 

Conveying it won't work though - one has to actually awaken to this.  True non-duality is not explained logically.  If you think you have it down as a science you are wrong and you will remain trapped there at the no concept of no self.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

There is an Absolute awakening.  Call it God mode or whatever you want.  You can't recreate it.  You can't wish it into Being.  It just happens when it happens. When God is ready to wake up.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

This faulty set up or line of questioning is part of the issue...

See you believe there is a separate self inside the body that can find something outside of itself to solve its apparent problem.

In other words the question is: how does something that's not real recognize its own unreality?

The answer is it doesn't... the separate self cannot and will not ever hear this message because it's senses its own demise in the outcome.

You cannot use the thinking mind to recognize no self... STOP THINKING.... and look at what is true...

What is it, that makes up the 'YOU' inside the body?

Not how does it feel, but what is it made out of?

Where is it located?

❤ stop thinking just look

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The No-Self is only a half truth.

Ramana Maharshi spoke of the Self. It's beyond being and non-being.

Check this transmission out.

Edit: see in the example/koan in the first minutes. One can stay attached to the No-Self or emptiness.

Edited by Visionary

@Inliytened1 "problem" is that "you" are speaking about it as if it was other than this. This is a pure expression of it.

53 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is an Absolute awakening.  Call it God mode or whatever you want.  You can't recreate it.  You can't wish it into Being.  It just happens when it happens. When God is ready to wake up.

What does this Awakening feel like though? Do you definitely know you're awake? Like snapping out of this reality? waking up somewhere else? What does it look like? Do you "see" something different?

No one can seem to articulate this in any way and always say "Go find out for yourself" But for someone who's in the process of self-work, and doesn't think they're ready to take 5-meo or anything, and might awaken accidentally through meditation or something someday...What does it actually feel like to see and become God?

14 minutes ago, traveler said:

@Inliytened1 "problem" is that "you" are speaking about it as if it was other than this. This is a pure expression of it.

Right. So is it just a realization or a shift of perspective in THIS reality that we ALL see. Or is awakening going somewhere else but still being here??

Because I do realize that it's all an illusion...it's magic...it's amazing...it's beautiful. But it's not that much more unbelievable as The Big Bang...or Atoms and Molecules...or whatever Christians believe...but we all take that for granted.

Life goes on and we still have to live in this reality. We can just choose how we want to live. With grace and Love because we are all ONE and the same.

The way some people talk about it, you'd think it was like waking up in the Upsidedown or getting unplugged from the Matrix or something...

Edited by JayG84

4 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Right. So is it just a shift of perspective in THIS reality that we ALL see. Or is awakening going somewhere else but still being here?? The way some people talk about it, you'd think it was like waking up in the Upsidedown or getting unplugged from the Matrix or something...

"THIS reality as we ALL see" is the dream. This "right here" is all there is. Actually there isn't a "right here" because that suggest a position, that something else ACTUALLY exists. Try and get away from this! Can you? Is there actually a solid reality that you can know? A real objective, permanent and solid reality? Is this actually a moment in time? Can you see the problem? There is a search for something else than this. This search stems from an experience that this is known and real, that you are real. The person you think you are can not escape it's prison, because it is it's own prison. It doesn't actually exists, there is actually just what is, totally and utterly free. It is this ordinary this, the "unplugging from the matrix" is the ego appearing again after it fell away. It doesn't understand what happened so it uses concepts and beliefs to try and know what "it" experienced. "it" did not experience anything, it fell away, and all there was left was THIS.
Some on this forum will discard the message that is written "by traveler" or "veganawake" instantly. They will say that they have heard it before or that it is just ripped of some non dual teacher. That is not the case. Everytime this message is expressed it is always fresh. Why? Because no one knows it, there is no one here writing this. There isn't a person over here knowing what this points to, this is nothing writing, and guess what, "you" are nothing reading. People who claim that there is something more, or "go deeper" or "there is much more to go" are talking about experiences, "knowing."
Enlightenment is an exotic word, people hear it and think that it is something HUGE, something that "they" can achieve. The ego is tricky, expecially when "it" has "had" 20 "God awakenings."

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

First and foremost the cornerstone of non-duality is the recognition of No Self.

Non-duality has no cornerstone

Non-duality does not exist

It does not exist anymore than a non-apple exits ,

be positive not a "non" or a "no" 

The only thing that non-duality  has is a non-cornerstone.

It's a negative philosophy built on assuming that most believe in something wrong 
and then identifying oneself as "not that" 

There has got to be a term that has the spirit of it that is not negative, not correctional 

1 hour ago, Visionary said:

The No-Self is only a half truth.

Ramana Maharshi spoke of the Self. It's beyond being and non-being.

Check this transmission out.

Edit: see in the example/koan in the first minutes. One can stay attached to the No-Self or emptiness.

decent, until he started talking about something other than this.

Edited by traveler

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

No one can seem to articulate this in any way and always say "Go find out for yourself"

Because you are God.   It cannot be articulated

But the practices and the background have been laid out for you 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, traveler said:

The "you" Is God in human form.  The ego is but a creation of God.  Trust me my small self has perished.  I have been and am currently Pure Consciousness.  I wouldn't be on here laboring to help you guys if it wasn't just some belief of the ego.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

28 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

There has got to be a term that has the spirit of it that is not negative, not correctional 

There is no term for Being.  Because all terms exist within Being.  It is isness or areness.  You ARE. Grasp that.  Grasp it totally - and you will enlighten yourself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The "you" Is God in human form.  The ego is but a creation of God.  Trust me my small self has perished.  I have been and am currently Pure Consciousness.  I wouldn't be on here laboring to help you guys if it wasn't just some belief of the ego. Well ain't that the truth! haha.

You are expressing insights. Your stories about what this is will not help anyone, it will only confuse them and yourself. By believing you have got it, you have already lost it. Now all you do will only inflate your ego and the new "higher" dimensions it lives on even more. You can not accept the message that this is it.

Edited by traveler