VeganAwake

Non-Duality 101

69 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, traveler said:

You are expressing insights. Your stories about what this is will not help anyone.

Maybe not.  Maybe not.  That is the paradox of Truth.  It cannot be taught.

This is IT.  But you don't fully grasp IT.  This IS.  But you have not transcended THIS.  You haven't BECOME This.  That is God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Visionary said:

The No-Self is only a half truth.

Ramana Maharshi spoke of the Self. It's beyond being and non-being.

Check this transmission out.

Edit: see in the example/koan in the first minutes. One can stay attached to the No-Self or emptiness.

The only difference (if it could be called that) between this transmission quoting Ramana and the one conveyed on this thread are the choice words used such as Consciousness,True Self, Higher Self, Infinity and so on... reason being, it still sounds dualistic as in there is something or someone that has attained this Consciousness or Higher Self/True Self realization. Of course these are the limitations of language which is dualistic in nature... it really depends on how the words are perceived.

In fact listening to this video it actually sounds like the way that Consciousness and True Self are being used are just pointers to what apparently appears after Awakening which is everything that appears AKA THIS!! An empty fullness; a pregnant nothingness; its real and unreal.

It is what it is... there is no meaning purpose or value to any of it because there is no one here for it to matter for ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Maybe not.  Maybe not.  That is the paradox of Truth.  It cannot be taught.

No, it can not, so why even try? We are talking about this, undistorted by any concept of what it is, this.

Just now, traveler said:

No, it can not, so why even try? We are talking about this, undistorted by any concept of what it is, this.

Because THIS is You. 

There are Absolutes which are not concepts.  They are Absolutes.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is IT.  But you don't fully grasp IT.  This IS.  But you have not transcended THIS.  You haven't BECOME This.  That is God.

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TOO? Lmao. How are you going to become what already is? This is before becoming, becoming can appear in this. You're talking to a seperate person. You are attached to a truth that you think that "you" own. This is it.

Just now, traveler said:

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TOO? Lmao. How are you going to become what already is? This is before becoming, becoming can appear in this. You're talking to a seperate person. You are attached to a truth that you think that "you" own. This is it.

I'm talking to THIS.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I'm talking to THIS.  

Thanks! That's all. And you are not doing it.

Just now, traveler said:

Thanks! That's all. And you are not doing it.

? You still do not get it.  You are God.  Wake up.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

? You still do not get it.  You are God.  Wake up.

I'm wide awake, hello son.

42 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Non-duality has no cornerstone

Non-duality does not exist

It does not exist anymore than a non-apple exits ,

be positive not a "non" or a "no" 

The only thing that non-duality  has is a non-cornerstone.

It's a negative philosophy built on assuming that most believe in something wrong 
and then identifying oneself as "not that" 

There has got to be a term that has the spirit of it that is not negative, not correctional 

"Already whole and complete" and to talk about it can make it into a "something" and that something can unfortunately be seen or communicated by the teacher as a higher than something else or has greater value.

39 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Non-duality does not exist

It's a negative philosophy built on assuming that most believe in something wrong 
and then identifying oneself as "not that" 

There has got to be a term that has the spirit of it that is not negative, not correctional 

Correct ...non-duality is just a word pointing to everything exactly as it appears for No One.

The map is not the territory...

Non-duality being a negative philosophy it's just a projection about it coming from a conditioned mind.

In its original meaning it points to the fact that there is not 2... there is not a perceiver and the perceived... there is not a subject witnessing the object... there is not a ME and everything else out there. ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, traveler said:

"THIS reality as we ALL see" is the dream. This "right here" is all there is. Actually there isn't a "right here" because that suggest a position, that something else ACTUALLY exists. Try and get away from this!

I find it so funny that we can't talk about the meta of the meta in these situations. Like there are the people talking about all the materialist stuff, defending their egos and trying the convince people that there is a physical reality through proof and facts. And then there are the people telling them to wake up, It's all a dream, Awaken. They use words to express this which don't do it justice, like asking someone to explain the colour Yellow to them. It must be frustrating and they just say "Just go see it and you'll know"....but we are all trying.  

But what I'm saying is: 

I (Which doesn't exist) have had a realization (Which I know is just thoughts and perceptions that don't "exist") that right here doesn't exist. And that it's all an Illusion (Which is something that I'm conceptualizing).....etc etc etc. You see how this is impossible to talk about without picking apart everything that someone says as "they're still using words, they must not be awakened"  But what I'm asking is that, in this illusion that we are living in, does anything seem different when you awaken, or is it just a deep knowing that we are living in an Illusion? Like someone can not have words for Yellow, but they go and experience Yellow, and then they say...Oh, Yellow was in front of my eyes this whole time! Yellow is all around me!! But it doesn't change the fact that nothing has changed, just their perception of it.

Is Awakening like that? Like an obvious OOOOOHHHHH. It was right here all this time. Or does your whole Reality (which I know is an illusion) change in a tangible (I know nothing is tangible) way? Because if nothing about THIS reality changes, just your contextualization of it does, than how can I know for sure what you and I are experiencing is the same awakening?

1 hour ago, traveler said:

There is a search for something else than this

I know this to be an amazing, impossible, magical, illusory, reality. That I can't find the words to express this to you in a way that I can be sure you're experiencing in the same way as me...:)

Edited by JayG84

M@JayG84  that's why this work requires an emptying of the glass...

It's not another gaining of another insight...

It's a dropping of Concepts and insights all together...

Enlightenment or Awakening isn't a gaining of knowledge or an attainment of some sort that will be had in the future...( it's to die before you die)

it could be said it's literally the opposite of what the Mind wants to do... the Mind wants to conceptualize understand label put things in a box and check it off as understood.

Awakening transcends the minds limited ability to conceptualize and understand.

Check out the video on YouTube Samadhi (Maya illusion of the self) if you haven't already....

If something underneath the thinking thinking mind can resonate with this video you will be on your way... it's at least a start a very good video ❤

30 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is no term for Being.  Because all terms exist within Being.  It is isness or areness.  You ARE. Grasp that.  Grasp it totally - and you will enlighten yourself.

Yes. I am. We are all ONE. I get it. 

But I don't find it anything "special" about it. It's the same realization I had when I found out about the Big Bang when I was younger. Cool...Interesting...Oh this is how it works?!? But it doesn't change anything in my life besides the recontextualization of everything...lol 

Reality is still physical (for the form I'm in now), I still have thoughts (although I recognize every one of them and just witness them), I still need to interact with others (Which I know are just me as god looking at myself and talking to myself)

It's beautiful and cool, and I Love it. But It doesn't change anything really. You and I are still "living" in this "reality".

2 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

Yes. I am. We are all ONE. I get it.  

No, actually you don't.  If you did you would have died.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@JayG84 Reality is only exist for you because of the thoughts. There is no reality or unreality. Just you, whatever’s you see at the moment is you, and infinite as nothing. If you stop thinking 1 minute, you wont be with us, but here. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

In its original meaning it points to the fact that there is not 2... 

Again, you assume someone is proposing 2 right from the start, that it's a wrong idea and the first thing to do is to say it's not that

There are other words "oneness"  "wholeness" "unity" "singularism"  that are not negative "nons" and "nos"  or even a custom word could be used with no previous meaning 

Edited by Nak Khid

15 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Again, you assume someone is proposing 2 right from the start, that it's a wrong idea and the first thing to do is to say it's not that

There are other words "oneness"  "wholeness" "unity" "singularism"  not negatives or even a custome word with no previous meaning 

Non-duality  cannot be made into a science.   Like a class you just take and get certified in.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No, actually you don't.  If you did you would have died. 

This is what I'm talking about. How do you know I didn't realize the same thing as you? You are alive. Using words. To try to describe it to me. The only difference is our confidence levels (which are illusions) maybe you just aren't understanding me. Maybe I'm just not using the right words (which are illusions) ugh It's pointless...lol :)