Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Consept

What do you guys think of new school spiritual teachers (Aaron Doughty etc)

24 posts in this topic

I do think these things can provide value yes, but they are as they are. They are people on the journey sharing things.

If you want a fully enlightened teacher then I assume this wouldn't be the place to go to.

Edited by YaNanNallari

they are really good for introducing newbies to awakening, its enough one foot in one foot out that so that it isn't to far out for them to engage with.

You guys should check out Aaron abke's channel on youtube, that guy is the real deal. He is a total genius at taking tough abstract spiritual concepts and bringing them down to practical simplicity, in such a way you will probably find it very valuable and engaging no matter what stage your at. He's easily my favorite online teacher ATM 

Edited by enderx7

It would interest me to know who focuses on information and "teachers" more than practises. I get the feeling that a lot of people have weak ass practices set up and they just feed their mind with a shitton of teachers and information about spirituality

@enderx7

Yeah completely agree with you there, I came accross Abke a few months ago and I can feel the authenticity with him, you can see a clear difference between him and the other guys. I would recommend him as well 100%.

Normally I wouldn't have an issue with the other guys, I don't follow them but in theory I like what they're doing for newbies, but after hearing their opinions on the current situation I just thought, what's the deal here? As in is it just a way to get popularity on YouTube. Could just be a general thing of new agey stuff I don't know 

Like...these guys are talking about awakening.......and I'm nearly 100% sure that their techniques and practices are nowhere near as powerful as the ones leo practices. Like...i know that if (and when) I awaken, I'll realise that there is nothing to get etc and that all soft teachers are pure as well yada yada yada...but I just can't take someone seriously if they're talking about enlightenment without the same degree of accuracy, power and articulation as leo...I just can't haha. I can probably guarantee that my practices alone are more powerful than that guy. I love him and what he says is nice...but its....just nice...I think

I don't know the guy, I could be 100% wrong

Edited by Aaron p

@Aaron p

Nah I know what you mean it's the same feeling I get with them as well. It sounds nice and cool but I don't know if he's just good at making it sound nice, you don't get a sense of direct experience. That's not to put him down, but I do think if I listened to him when I was first getting into this stuff it would've been quite confusing 

These teachers you speak of are full of shit. This is all wishful thinking. Charlatans.

Shallow 

I'm more interested in the deep end.

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

Offer nice synchronicities, can be of value as well as a distraction 

7 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Like...these guys are talking about awakening.......and I'm nearly 100% sure that their techniques and practices are nowhere near as powerful as the ones leo practices. Like...i know that if (and when) I awaken, I'll realise that there is nothing to get etc and that all soft teachers are pure as well yada yada yada...but I just can't take someone seriously if they're talking about enlightenment without the same degree of accuracy, power and articulation as leo...I just can't haha. I can probably guarantee that my practices alone are more powerful than that guy. I love him and what he says is nice...but its....just nice...I think

I don't know the guy, I could be 100% wrong

Try out the guy I recommended earlier, Aaron abke, you might be surprised. Honestly I'd say hes my favorite even with leo in the mix. He's able to simplify complex topics and still deliver the full punch of the teaching. I love leo and his teachings are definitely top notch and unique to anything else out there but some times it gets lost in concepts which can leave people following him soley stuck in their heads over thinking depending on their disposition, you can see alot of people trying to think they're way into understanding love  here. Which is still fantastic, its just not going work for love, I would know I spent years trying to think my way there. You have to sit down with all the the parts you avoid about your self and embrace your shit and do the work to heal. You love your way to love, and thats healing. Aaron abke has alot of great stuff on the topic of self healing, and plenty of the good old enlightenment stuff. Definitely a good addition to throw in with all the great teachings you learn from Leo.

10 hours ago, enderx7 said:

they are really good for introducing newbies to awakening, its enough one foot in one foot out that so that it isn't to far out for them to engage with.

You guys should check out Aaron abke's channel on youtube, that guy is the real deal. He is a total genius at taking tough abstract spiritual concepts and bringing them down to practical simplicity, in such a way you will probably find it very valuable and engaging no matter what stage your at. He's easily my favorite online teacher ATM 

I concur with everything you said enderx7.  My feeling about the Doughty dude is that he is more about $$$ and becoming a popular youtube influencer, whereas Aaron Abke has incredible wisdom and integrity.  I'm amazed sometimes at the depth of his understanding on certain topics and have learnt to see things, such as biblical teachings from a deeper perspective.

Edited by Freakyboo

Theyre alright, I prefer less fluffy teachers but I dont mind these New Agey teachers, spirituality has all kinds of flavors. Unfortunately alot of them parrot alot things without having had direct experience... I think. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just to add, a lot of these guys sell courses, merch and 121 sessions for a lot of money. For example Infinite Waters charges £350 an hour for a 121 session with him, now im not saying this is good or bad, obviously they need to make money somewhere but it just strikes me as a bit strange, esp using marketing tactics that other financial or pick up gurus use. Its like if you strip away the content, the structure is the same thing except instead of promising material things they promise peace. 

Gimmicks 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

23 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I get the feeling that a lot of people have weak ass practices set up and they just feed their mind with a shitton of teachers and information about spirituality

Let me just add one thing to this...

I get the feeling that a lot of people have weak ass practices set up and they only focus on feeding their mind with a shitton of CORRECT information about spirituality.

Without hard-as-fuck practices and long, powerful, hardcore psychedelic retreats...this becomes a new religion. The most important thing about spiritual concepts is abandoning them in the MUCH GREATER light of actual realization

Edited by Aaron p

A think a lot of these teachers do provide value. They won't necessarily help you reach deep levels of awakening like a hardcore teacher like Leo will, but they provide some valuable practical insights. Aaron Doughty talks a lot about LoA and raising your vibration. Both are powerful concepts when applied. I enjoy Victor Oddo's energy updates. They almost always resonate with me and I gain some valuable insights by watching. Aaron Abke is great a breaking down complicated text like The Law of One. Light on Earth shares unique and interesting non-dual insights. These people all seem genuine and I think they're helping a lot of people.

Edited by StripedGiraffe

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

I'd like to share my insights as well.

I encounter Victor Oddo back then as the same time I was watching Ryan Cropper (does anyone knows him? his niche on youtube is about astral projection, but I get a good vibes with the guy. I'm still subscribed to his channel still but not nowadays after seeing Leo's a few years ago). I believe 3 of them, Leo, Viktor and Ryan met in Rythmia and has collaborations a couple of years ago.

Viktor's content back then is more on sharing stuffs about his awakenings and life experiences and I kinda outgrew his channel in the long run and don't watched him anymore, I agree that someone mention his energy updates, I used to watch them.

Then few months after, Doughty became Viktor's friend. Tried watching his content, but I got turned off by his click baity video thumbnail as well as the basic LoA stuffs that I kept hearing over the few years. Both of their audience is basically newly awakened ones so I started to drift off from them.

Then, I joined to another spiritual teacher on youtube back (Transformational Coaching). Enrolled on his 'supposedly free' group mentorship program. There were free stuffs I got like having a x3 Session on Zoom, I jot down questions to ask him on every schedule. From what I recall the answers that I got were vague and felt incomplete, that's why I joined the group mentorship program. Cut long story short, I kinda bailed out on the group mentorship because I sense that there's a hidden scheme that we need to pay afterwards and it happened! I dont recall how much it was, but I think its around $100. His reasoning since he can't do 1 x 1 now due to his increasing clients, hence group mentorship. He got mad at me and trying to persuade me to continue the course, I explained that I have upcoming travels and I need to focus on that. I added him on facebook before the mentorship and all, I thought I can just become his friends, but I guess I have a different expectations since he treat his channel and his work as pure business. I learned alot from this experience that's why I did alot of traveling and soul searching during these years. Like I cannot just push myself and find people who are like me, some people on youtube are just purely for business. I understand that, but still..

Then, I discovered Aaron Abke during the time when I have enough of spiritual teachers on youtube because of an experience above. I check some of his stuff before and think it was great, but the timing was off and I think I also followed him on his facebook, but eventually removed myself.

Then I am here, Leo kinda shifted the gear for me with newer perspective esp with Spiral Dynamics.

Edited by Rayster
update

1 hour ago, Rayster said:

I'd like to share my insights as well.

I encounter Victor Oddo back then as the same time I was watching Ryan Cropper (does anyone knows him? his niche on youtube is about astral projection, but I get a good vibes with the guy. I'm still subscribed to his channel still but not nowadays after seeing Leo's a few years ago). I believe 3 of them, Leo, Viktor and Ryan met in Rythmia and has collaborations a couple of years ago.

Viktor's content back then is more on sharing stuffs about his awakenings and life experiences and I kinda outgrew his channel in the long run and don't watched him anymore, I agree that someone mention his energy updates, I used to watch them.

Then few months after, Doughty became Viktor's friend. Tried watching his content, but I got turned off by his click baity video thumbnail as well as the basic LoA stuffs that I kept hearing over the few years. Both of their audience is basically newly awakened ones so I started to drift off from them.

Then, I joined to another spiritual teacher on youtube back (Transformational Coaching). Enrolled on his 'supposedly free' group mentorship program. There were free stuffs I got like having a x3 Session on Zoom, I jot down questions to ask him on every schedule. From what I recall the answers that I got were vague and felt incomplete, that's why I joined the group mentorship program. Cut long story short, I kinda bailed out on the group mentorship because I sense that there's a hidden scheme that we need to pay afterwards and it happened! I dont recall how much it was, but I think its around $100. His reasoning since he can't do 1 x 1 now due to his increasing clients, hence group mentorship. He got mad at me and trying to persuade me to continue the course, I explained that I have upcoming travels and I need to focus on that. I added him on facebook before the mentorship and all, I thought I can just become his friends, but I guess I have a different expectations since he treat his channel and his work as pure business. I learned alot from this experience that's why I did alot of traveling and soul searching during these years. Like I cannot just push myself and find people who are like me, some people on youtube are just purely for business. I understand that, but still..

Then, I discovered Aaron Abke during the time when I have enough of spiritual teachers on youtube because of an experience above. I check some of his stuff before and think it was great, but the timing was off and I think I also followed him on his facebook, but eventually removed myself.

Then I am here, Leo kinda shifted the gear for me with newer perspective esp with Spiral Dynamics.

Great to hear your experience bro, its all a journey anyway. I think im seeing that a lot of these guys do just treat it as a business, maybe they had some awakening experience or maybe they just heard about things like the LoA and decided to make an identity around it, but either way theyve chosen to monetise it heavily which i get but i dont think theyre coming from a high level perspective. 

Shame you had the bad timing with Abke, i think hes one of the good ones. i would say though dont rely on just one teacher, in this case Leo for you, no shade on him but i think its really beneficial to get a few perspectives and different understandings on your journey. One guy i really like is Paul Hedderman for example