andyjohnsonman

Why are so many spiritual people into conspiracies?

22 posts in this topic

There is definitely a link. I see it everywhere, on here, Teal Swan, Ralph Smart, backpacking around India. What's the deal? Surely the whole idea of spirituality is to free yourself from dogmas not to do the opposite and just believe in UFOs or David Icke commentary? Maybe it's to do with open mindedness? Maybe they are more open minded to these ideas but at the same time if you just believe it without knowing for sure or without experience i would say that's closed mindedness. 

In my experience, it’s just an interest in the truth, never take anything anyone says at face value and simply investigate everything for yourself. 

I agree, nothing should be made into a Dogma or ideology, but I wouldn’t say just investigating does that. Mindlessly believing in it does. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Maybe they have experienced those things in their reality, like seeing UFO's or having learned enough to know and see that the Government continuously does whatever you would never expect it to do. 

Conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

Do you think the Government has your best interest in mind? Do you not think that spending over 50% of a societies budget on War is in not harmful? Do you believe that banks using your money to support their agendas is lawful? The list goes on... You see a Conspiracy until you don't. This whole reality could be a conspiracy by higher beings to milk us for energy. Life is funny like that.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" - John Lennon 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

I don't agree with your observation.

Almost none of my friends who are into spirituality is interested in conspiracy theories. Only one who is a weird mix of far-right ideologies with hippie tendencies.

If anything, it's the conspiracy theorists who get interested in spirituality, because it's a cool material for their stories and fits the worldview of hidden secrets.

There arent dogmas. Theres HUGE evidence that certain theories are right. Even scientists than can proove it are mudered in extrange circumstances. Why the government would send agents to muder people if the issue was just a conspiracy?

Why they murdered Dr Sebi? 

I wouldve said it was open mindedness but i dont think its completely true, i think they get caught up in dogma, conspiracies usually have a foundation of distrust in the government. Most spiritual people will not agree with the government on a lot of points, so it doesnt take that much to then stretch to a convenient answer that ties in like a conspiracy. Also if you notice the spiritual youtube people that believe in conspiracies tend to be younger, Ralph Smart, Teal Swan, that Aaron guy, whereas older people like Sadhguru, Mooji, Tolle, are actually telling people not to get caught up in them and start panicking or just not really addressing them at all. I think thats telling, for me personally ive always listened to the older guys, i appreciate the younger ones have value and have listened to them if a particular topic interests me, but i find myslef often disagreeing or just not resonating with them as much. I think Leo has mentioned the problems with awakening and trying to teach at a young age before 

Culture has to indoctrinate people into common beliefs. This creates uniformity in human behavior. If people don't adopt similar beliefs about physical reality, society, and culture, Society itself would disintegrate. 

Spiritual people at some point in time realize that Culture is the greatest cult that misperceived itself not to be a cult. So spiritual people decide to exit culture.

But if you exit culture, you exit reality. On the way out of reality, when you don't know who to trust, you put your trust in Spiritual Gurus or crazy conspiracies because they exist on the outskirts of reality. They envigorate your anger that you have against Culture and Society. On the way out of reality, conspiracy theories validate your own experience. And thus you cling to them. You cling because you don't want to let go completely of reality. 

Every conspiracy theory, every spiritual guru (including Leo) is a conspiracy against your True Self. But in many cases, they are necessary to give you the push into your True Nature. You will cling to them as long as you need them. But at some point, you have to let go. 

There is certainly some connecting issue between the two, with David Icke being the most obvious example. He is alternatively described as a New-Age Guru or far-right conspiracy theorist. This goes back to at least the Nazis in Europe, who were heavily into both and the likes of the John Birch society in the US. There are also many Christian Evangelicals who believe in an overarching Satanic Conspiracy, which they see as primarily spiritual in nature. A similar strand exists in the Islamic world, where religious fundamentalists are often the biggest propagators of conspiracy theories, especially anti-semitic ones.

The mind struggles to accept just how devious humans (co-creating) are. It’s just easier to believe in an objective, subjective, or purely objective, reality. Nonetheless, this is unfolding, and we’ve all front row seats. Fear of Self, in a nutshell.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

When love is turned into an ideal or made into a concept, love must be limited in order to exist in this form. There has to be an enemy or an opposite to the concept of love in order to allow the existence and continuance of this kind of love. Spirituality in thought turns love into an ideal, and even this is Love. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Does seeing = believing or is seeing = seeing 

To accept or deny, is the illusion/appearance of Reality, so what fits your personal agenda? Are you satisfied with the Your limitations? 

@Conseptit’s not so simple to me, the teachers have their audience, image, intention/focus. Maturity and dogma are your limited beliefs. There is no true perfection outside of the Now and understanding resonance is very enlightening 

Do we have control over our purpose? Or does purpose have control over us? xD

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows Pointing out something is different to a belief, limiting or otherwise. If I point something out and you say its a limiting belief it doesn't mean my original observation isn't valid. If you are wishing to question my observation, you would say something like 'there are many older spiritual people that believe conspiracies' and then point to who they are. 

Otherwise I could say whatever you believe are your limited beliefs with no reasoning, it becomes pointless. 

All these teachers seek to find truth, my observation is that its interesting that people like mooji are not saying anything about conspiracies even though they directly talk about the situation, whereas younger people like Teal Swan are pretty much talking about conspiracies as if they were true. You're saying it's because they are trying to keep their audience, even if that was true, why would it just be on the older teachers side, why wouldn't that apply to the younger people, in that they're audience believes in it so they appeal more to that? 

I would say you were closed minded in that you can't truly imagine that the conspiracies aren't true, so when I make this observation your mind twists and turns to preserve this anchored belief you already have, even though you have to jump to speculation to do so. How do you know whether higher level teachers care about their image to their audience, you have no clue, but you say it as an assertion. I'm not saying they don't care, I don't know either but I'm not making that assertion. But logically I would look at it and say, they usually say anything they want regardless if it goes against mainstream which it usually does, so why would they stop if they truly believed a conspiracy?

The implication is they believe it and are not saying because of image, that is complete speculation. 

@Consept of course it’s all speculation. I pointed out other potentials because it seems like you are still lookin for some sort of validation or reason to reject conspiracy. For some, like Leo, it’s a waste of time, because that’s how he sees it, but that doesn’t mean he’s right in telling others they would be wasting their time in going down that road, especially in these circumstances.
At the end of the day we preach who we are, our expression/purpose/focus, and choose how to communicate/point at Truth. Empowerment/freedom/expansion in however fashion we see fit 

We are given exactly what we need at all times ??

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows so what is the point of speculation? And if you are going to speculate why does your speculation tend to back your originally held beliefs? 

Just to confirm I don't look for a reason or validation to reject conspiracies wholesale, if someone says something that's out there I will look into it. The common theme I've found is that they're mostly built in faulty logic

@Consept speculation is basically like dreams or desires 

I don’t consider teachers as seekers but as connectors, like  maps for our experience 

My apologies if I projected your attachment, but this stuff requires ‘parts work’, dropping your “I” to take up a new reality where claims could be possible, then building upon it until it’s seen clearly. Faulty logic exists only with a pre-existing belief. There’s nothing wrong with beliefs, just have to be aware of their limitations so there’s no self deception. From one reality (mainstream narrative), theres loads of faulty logic and valueless naysaying, but from another POV there’s a completely new narrative with different perceptions, values, beliefs etc. offering new grounds for consideration 

It’s not about what makes facts true or false, but how and why they appear to be. That’s what this work is about, to find the system that works best, and remain open to other systems to allow connection 

Edited by DrewNows

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

@Consept speculation is basically like dreams or desires 

I don’t consider teachers as seekers but as connectors, like  maps for our experience 

My apologies if I projected your attachment, but this stuff requires ‘parts work’, dropping your “I” to take up a new reality where claims could be possible, then building upon it until it’s seen clearly. Faulty logic exists only with a pre-existing belief. There’s nothing wrong with beliefs, just have to be aware of their limitations so there’s no self deception. From one reality (mainstream narrative), theres loads of faulty logic and valueless naysaying, but from another POV there’s a completely new narrative with different perceptions, values, beliefs etc. offering new grounds for consideration 

It’s not about what makes facts true or false, but how and why they appear to be. That’s what this work is about, to find the system that works best, and remain open to other systems to allow connection 

Last questions, when you come across someone like me say who doesnt believe in most conspiracies, is the assumption that i havent looked into it enough, if i have it wasnt with an open mind and if i would only open my mind and look into it fully i would come to the inevitable truth that a lot of conspiracies are true?

Do you ever consider that i may have looked into it before or maybe even believed them previously, but after looking into them thoroughly and balancing both sides i came to the conclusion that there wasnt really anything to most of them and that even be the case in reality? Is that a possibility?

@Consept ehh thanks I guess for the video. I find it hard to listen to a brainwashed doctor, trained in a closed-system focusing primarily on labeling, efforts, profits, quick fix solutions (treating symptoms), superiority and keeping the public dependent. I was intrigued by his thought on immune boosting, how food allergy is avoided by early exposure yet claiming dirt exposure actually lowers immunity to germs/bacteria. Now I don’t subscribe to the theory of germ causing disease but the focus on fear/separation between us and environment is a recipe for disaster/deception (just what I’ve found to be the case in my experience). The issues lie in the terrain 

21 minutes ago, Consept said:

ast questions, when you come across someone like me say who doesnt believe in most conspiracies, is the assumption that i havent looked into it enough, if i have it wasnt with an open mind and if i would only open my mind and look into it fully i would come to the inevitable truth that a lot of conspiracies are true?

You can’t see a truth without first adopting the foundation it was built upon, this often requires a lot of research to identify, so yeah perhaps there are ulterior motives for a self image. 

21 minutes ago, Consept said:

Do you ever consider that i may have looked into it before or maybe even believed them previously, but after looking into them thoroughly and balancing both sides i came to the conclusion that there wasnt really anything to most of them and that even be the case in reality? Is that a possibility?

Many sides/conclusions to coins, no objective truth, how many sides do you wish to see?

There’s always something (premise) to every theory, whether it’s what’s actual or not. 

Edited by DrewNows

these two are just half-baked ''spiritual teachers'' on internet

there are much more true enlightened individuals to listen on the internet and outside of it 

and there are much more real conspiracies out there to consider truly like for exemple the true monopoly on the global banking system and how this influences global politcs 

On 5/11/2020 at 6:20 AM, andyjohnsonman said:

Maybe they are more open minded to these ideas but at the same time if you just believe it without knowing for sure or without experience i would say that's closed mindedness. 

It's the latter. This is more to do with closed-mindedness than it does open-mindedness.

Remember, being spiritual doesn't always mean you're fully un-ideological.