DefinitelyNotARobot

How can we trust our direct experience?

61 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Accept that THIS moment is infinite, imaginary, full... there´s nothing else to do but to surrender, endlessly, to THIS.

But isn't this just a belief if I believe this without coming to the conclusion myself? That's all that I am trying to do. Come to a conclusion just like everybody else. (eventhough you could say that there is no conclusions to be made) I guess the REAL question I should be asking here is how to surrender?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot
Oh fuck

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot

Yes you are right. Trusting direct experience at its face value is a sham.

Our direct experience reports most times that the earth is flat, sky is blue, we live in a body, there is a hard physical world outside us etc all of which are hoax.

Thus you cannot trust direct experience. Or more accurately, you cannot trust the particular labels and limits of your direct experience. Through the ego-mind-sense distorted lens, you are bound to see a distorted view of Reality. You need not trust on that second hand distorted knowledge.

But what you can do trust, is the substance of all direct experience which is Consciousness. The first hand knowledge of being aware.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

That was kind of the problem. Let's say I look at a coin. I can only see one side of the coin at a time. Does that mean that the other side does not exist?

Duality and non duality. Head and tail of the money create the money. If there is no head or tail, money can never exist. Non duality and duality is the same way, they needed each other for yourself to understand what money is ( which is the truth). If there is no duality or non duality, you can never find yourself thats why entire money is you, and all the consciousness is you. 

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Same with objective reality, vs subjective reality. Just because I can only experience subjective reality, does that mean that objective reality is untrue?

They both true and untrue at the same time. Because you are human now, if you increase your consciousness next second you will be non dual or god. That mean is all consciousness level is happening same time within you. It is all one and is you.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Come to a conclusion just like everybody else. (eventhough you could say that there is no conclusions to be made) I guess the REAL question I should be asking here is how to surrender?

In order to understand the conclusion, you need to figure out what non duality is, otherwise you can never understand what the money is or you. 

10 minutes ago, James123 said:

Duality and non duality. Head and tail of the money exist the momey. If there is no head or tail, money can never exist. Non duality and duality is the same way, they needed each other for yourself to understand what money is ( which is the truth). If there is no duality or non duality, you can never find yourself thats why entire money is you, and all the consciousness is you. 

Makes sense! It's same with light and dark. If there was no light, we wouldn't have any eyes, since they would be pointless, so we wouldn't know darkness either. Same goes the other way around. If everything was light, eyes wouldn't make any sense, and we probably would have never evolved them to know this "light/dark" duality. Would that also apply to the whole "objective/subjective" debacle?

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

But what you can do trust, is the substance of all direct experience which is Consciousness. The first hand knowledge of being aware.

I guess I still have a lot of meditation to do to really feel into this awareness.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Just now, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Just now, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I guess I still have a lot of meditation to do to really feel into this awareness.

You don't have to do a lot of medition. Get a taste now. Be still and genuinely ponder what 'I' really is. What does it imply? Where does attention go when you ponder about I? What does this tell about I?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Here’s a weird inquiry that arose, for anyone who thinks they understand objectivity / subjectivity....

If there’s no objective world, only illusion of “perception of” ...why did you create the corona virus? 

Why are you imagining it?

(Not the thought label “corona virus”)

There is no reason. Corona virus is real and unreal like everything else. It is empty of meaning. "The universe" is exploring/discovering itself forever, there is no end or start, this Is the end and the start that never happened. Its empty of everything, out of that, pure love and everything is. It is total, it cant be known. 

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Be still and genuinely ponder what 'I' really is.

Good question! I actually can't tell... The last time I tripped I was playing Super Mario bros. at a friends house and I realized how this life is like a video game. If you were to observe a Mario you would think that he was intelligent and that he had a will of his own. He jumps, dodges enemies, makes intelligent decisions etc. But when you zoom out far enough you would realize that he was being controlled by an outside force all along! He wasn't intelligent, he didn't have any free will. He was being controlled by something larger than him. That's life. That's us. We are being played by an outside force. We think that we have a free will and that we are intelligent, but really we are just video game characters being played by a larger force. Whatever the thing controlling us is. (God/Consciousness from a spiritual perspective, laws of nature from a scientific point of view)

I realized that and I have been wondering who the hell the player is since!

beep boop

@Nahm hang on, I'll write an entire novel explaining it in full detail and let you know when its finished. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Your direct experience is always the Truth.

Not what you think about it, not the way that you interpret it, but the fact of it. The Pure Being-ness of it.

It is always the case.

Let's imagine somehow that your experience was deceiving you. Then, in that case, the deception would be the Truth.

There isn't such thing as a false experience. If it is here and you are aware of it, it exists. The way you interpret or judge it may be metaphysically inaccurate (and often is). But the Being-ness of the experience is unquestionable. That is Truth.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

what people preach in this forum is basically that this ..

pink-human-brain-large-was-owned-very-in

is equal to this ... 

60313411-expansion-of-the-universe-unive

if you have explored your mind enough with psychedelics meditation and so on you will come up to the conclusion that what is in your mind is ALL what you have experienced in your entire life till the moment you were born and nothing else 

lets think of a baby that has grow up in a dark room until its 30yo ,and then he has acess to psychedelics,all sorts of,what do you think the baby will discover?

so its fundamental that you grow up in content,for this you'll have to study transcendental stuff,like the teachings of old esoterical traditions,to then open your mind to new possibilities ,and then check for yourself what is the case ,the truth with capital T

@Verdesbird I see that! I was thinking about this the other day. Every thought I think comes in the form of a sense (either a sentence/sound or an image). What if would have been born blind, deaf, without any sensation of touch/smell/taste? What would my life look like? Could I think? Would I know that I existed? If I were to loose all my senses right now, I'd probably dream up some alternate reality in my head. But every piece of knowledge (at least the pieces I am aware of right now) is just something I collected through one of the senses, in the same way that my body is made out of things I ate. I watched my thoughts and saw how they assembled themselves. I realized that my mind, just like my body, was creating itself. Look at a tree. Who built that tree? Nobody. The tree built itself, by consuming the earth, water and sunlight that it had access to. Same is happening with the body and mind. My mind is just feeding off of the information it can find around itself. That had me fucked up. Same goes for everything basically, right? Nobody built the planet earth. It just came to be. Everything just comes to be. From where though? Or by what means? What is building itself? There is something and WE are just part of that something. That is what I see. But I can't find that something. Yet.

beep boop

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Same goes for everything basically, right? Nobody built the planet earth. It just came to be. Everything just comes to be. From where though? Or by what means? What is building itself? There is something and WE are just part of that something. That is what I see. But I can't find that something. Yet.

If you never learn the language or word will you be aware of these thoughts? World will be still exist and everything will be same. But you wont be aware of it. Word is just a sound that you create meaning from it. Look at how powerful consciousness is, you make a meaning from a sound. Lol. If you dont think, there will be no you. 

? Is not Source of Conciousness. 

❤️ Is Source of Conciousness. 

What "Conciousness" actually is, it's actual Love. 

Love is Everything. 

Damn I did it again! :D

I get  that asking questions will not get me to where I want to be.

I can't ask infinite questions, yet I am on a path of exactly doing that.

I guess I have to spend some time alone just being still, being with myself!

That's what I understand from all of this!

beep boop

Stuff you see all around=Actual Love. 

Yes even cheap love bug costume I bought. (really became cheap bastard) 

May I say it, pls pls pls pls. 

To hell with misleading ?. 

Elevated some of my pain, had to sorry. 

The hell with "dog eat dog world" materialists too. 

Feels so nice. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I guess I have to spend some time alone just being still, being with myself

Dont be with yourself, be aware of yourself. 

@Nahm yeyeyeyyeye :)

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Does that mean that the other side does not exist?

let's say if it does - then what?

let's say if it doesn't - then what?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

let's say if it does - then what?

let's say if it doesn't - then what?

I guess that wouldn't actually make any difference because I would never know?

beep boop