roopepa

TikTok is surreal

44 posts in this topic

Guys, go download the TikTok app and check it out. It's like social media on fucking meth. It's nuts. 

What are we really dealing with here?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@roopepa Hahahaha such an accurate description, I’m dead ?

The biggest ego distraction ever created is what we are witnessing.

Another form of Ratgasm, if you've ever seen that study. 

I look forward to a day where Social Media is used in the optimal way. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

haha yeah tik tok is next level, im not on it but my girl was on it heavy since lockdown started. Its like if you somehow didnt have the attention span for instagram. I will say for now anyway the content is a generally bit more positive than the other social media, its mainly just jokes and skits, no arguing about politics or whatever else. 

I downloaded the TikTok app and all i can see is infinite consciousness having a human experience.

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

2 minutes ago, Consept said:

Teach me enlightened one ;)

It is simple, we are all enlightened and just don't know it yet B|

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

1 hour ago, Zanoni said:

I downloaded the TikTok app and all i can see is infinite consciousness having a human experience.

Too much enlightenment for me! I see people roasting TikTok videos and I forget all about awakening!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Meta-Man it’s basically a short video creation app where people upload comedy skits and have it reshared and liked much like Instagram and Facebook, however only consistent of videos in the feed.

Story 1. Download it from the App Store.

Step 2. Pour petrol on your phone and set it alight.

Edited by Jacobsrw

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@Jacobsrw

So it’s like Instagram and FB, except there are only videos? How is it more toxic than other outlets?

Its kind of like Vine if you remember that. The pace of it is more frenetic so it probably messing up your attention span, but the actual content isnt really toxic, id go as far to say its less toxic than fb and insta. 

@Meta-Man Okay so imagine this, each users attention is co-opted for the duration of a short clip which consists of a rapid change in sound and light, bright colours and text. Then, automatically a second clip is played subduing it’s recipient into further browsing. It’s different because it purely works off producing sensory excitation.

Biggest technological distraction to be created. It’s successful because the ego loves distraction and people have the attention span of a fish. It only further perpetuates unconscious impulsive behaviour. But who am I to judge, I right now am using a phone...

Edited by Jacobsrw

Its basically just the new Vine isn't it?

19 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Another form of Ratgasm, if you've ever seen that study. 

I look forward to a day where Social Media is used in the optimal way. 

What's this study?

I love TikTok. Sometimes I'm in a need for a laugh. There are actually some posters who are grade A comedians.

In Tate we trust

I don't see anything wrong with it. TikTok is more or less oldschool youtube with how expressive people are on it.  its a fun app. its not like facebook its for fun amusing videos.

Edited by wk197

@wk197 The app itself is quite problematic as it creates relentless sensory seduction. The app allows for creative usability, however, its pros are far out weighted by its cons, especially in how people are intending to use it.

It’s being used as a substitutional ego distraction that pulls attention away from fundamental deep work. It stimulates sensory titilisation that makes its user less aware of what they are doing. I invite you to observe people using the app. It’s quite fascinating. Users become no more aware than monkeys transfixed by an endless supply of bananas “more, more, more”.

Edited by Jacobsrw

HAHAHAHA i downloaded tik tok yesterday and the best way I can describe it is a zoo full of teenagers

It's literally an endless source of toxic stage-orange traits.  

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”