ZenAlex

What are your general impressions/thoughts of Teal Swan?

76 posts in this topic

I'm torn. I've found some of her videos on anxiety quite helpful, and some of her info is very useful...

... but I can't help but get an off feeling about her when I watch her. It's not like "she's weird" off. I'm a weirdo too.

But it's like I'm not even watching a human, I'm watching a robot or a member of another species pretend to be a human.

She gives off a really inauthentic vibe. Anyone else feel the same?

P.S. I'm not bashing anybody, if you are teal tribe or you like her, then fine, I'm just relaying my thoughts and impressions.

I get a similar vibe too. Don't watch much of her content.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I think shes great, she feels very human to me, she has some mindblowing concepts and some over the top New Agey ones but mostly shes legit. All the talk about culty, money grabbing quackery stuff you might hear is mostly Orange people getting triggered. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@ZenAlex She ist great, one of my first teachers. But she is meant for a very specific audience, not for everyone for sure.
I haven't been watching most of her videos lately, doesn't seem relevant to me anymore at this moment in time.
I think it really depends on what part of your journey you are right now, but this goes for many teachers for me at least even Leo, you follow them for some time then give yourself a break and eventually come back.

Edited by LaucherJunge

Trigger warning: suicide. Meet Teal Swan, the social media guru who some claim may be leading her followers to commit suicide. Teal claims to have "special abilities," validates suicidal feelings & claims to help folks uncover "repressed" memories. One of her first clients did in fact kill herself.

35a695b8d73315043a27c9dbdf1d358c--told-y

Edited by Moreira

I don't trust her, I can't tell if she is a psychopath or what?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

she spread good advices.. sometimes but way to confusing.
a lot of disorientation.

a broken bridge

Falsehood and devilry

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

Accusation of her arrive when she discusses very sensitive subjects and tries to give a radical different perspective on it. There is this few people that took suicide of her advice but how many did she save? We cannot know, at least she is courageous to give her point of view. The problem is when some people take her advice and perspective as fact and make a decision on it. She is still a person and can be deadly wrong.

Same can be said with Leo, not all people are open toward his journey and would directly judge him for it.

1 hour ago, ZenAlex said:

But it's like I'm not even watching a human, I'm watching a robot or a member of another species pretend to be a human.

I think she was abused sexually and physically by a cult at a young age. But i do not remember correctly what she said about it. Her healing journey from this abuse is the the foundation of her teachings, not all people can handle her advice and probably  is not completely healed from the abuse either. I do not know, just my perspective. She got nice videos that resonated with me and sometimes i do watch a few.

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

4 minutes ago, Zanoni said:

I think she was abused sexually and physically by a cult at a young age. But i do not remember correctly what she said about it. Her healing journey from this abuse is the the foundation of her teachings, not all people can handle her advice and probably  is not completely healed from the abuse either. I do not know, just my perspective. She got nice videos that resonated with me and sometimes i do watch a few.

She was a part of Satanic ritual abuse for years and then got addicted to drugs to try to forget about it, theres a documentary on it, shes been through more than most of us can handle and still survived. 

@Moreira
You have to consider that most people that go as far as to seek help from someone like Teal are already a highly likely group to commit suicide in the first place. You have no idea how many people she saved, I have been part of her community and forum in the past for some time.
It's ridiculous to blame this on her. Her teachings are very helpful and to me it makes total sense that as she says, when she puts it into perspective and says suicide is a reset button people actually feel better and are less likely to commit suicide, she would know that better than all of us after what she has been through! You have no idea. Aren't you someone who is very open to these conspiracy theories? Well now consider her a victim of these people talked about in some. ;)

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge  good points, I watch her videos sometimes. But I still think that she could be confusing ( to me at least )
, but I probably prefer leo & myself for some reason.

her "life background" and where she happen to be now is more than respectable.

the worst of the teacher to me, is infinite water, this guy is way to fucked up for me. I really get the "guru vibe" from him.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

@GodDesireOnlyLove @LaucherJunge

What's with you deep divers? Didn't have your breakfast yet?

@Rilles Yeah, horrible stuff.  :(

However, I think she said that she choose that experience of trauma so she could heal and then teach others how to do it. She did it for us. Just as Leo put 30 doses up his bottom until almost entering singularity. He also did it for us. Blessing to Teal and Leos bottom :x

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

5 minutes ago, Zanoni said:

@GodDesireOnlyLove @LaucherJunge

What's with you deep divers? Didn't have your breakfast yet?

@Rilles Yeah, horrible stuff.  :(

However, I think she said that she choose that experience of trauma so she could heal and then teach others how to do it. She did it for us. Just as Leo put 30 doses up his bottom until almost entering singularity. He also did it for us. Blessing to Teal and Leos bottom :x

heeeelllloooo theeeeereee

yes, Leos is going ourobouros going up his own buttcrack and dissappearing, lets hope he doesnt take humanity with him

2 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

@Moreira
You have to consider that most people that go as far as to seek help from someone like Teal are already a highly likely group to commit suicide in the first place. You have no idea how many people she saved, I have been part of her community and forum in the past for some time.
It's ridiculous to blame this on her. Her teachings are very helpful and to me it makes total sense that as she says, when she puts it into perspective and says suicide is a reset button people actually feel better and are less likely to commit suicide, she would know that better than all of us after what she has been through! You have no idea. Aren't you someone who is very open to these conspiracy theories? Well now consider her a victim of these people talked about in some. ;)

For people who have problems of depression and suicidal thoughts its is 100 better to watch Ralph Smart videos that are super uplifting and gives very high vibration. Teal gives zero high energy instead, the way she talks is cold, and doesnt procuce this empathic connection to the viewer. As other mates commented here, acts like a psychopath.

Leo's videos about depression are the maximum of radicality a sick person can handle. Killing the ego is inoffensive, compared to encouraging suicide.

@Moreira
Have you ever been really depressed? Because it sounds like you have not.
In my worst times someone like Ralph Smart would be the last thing I would have wanted to listen to. Not that I was suicidal and yet even without that I couldn't bare such positive vibes back than.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge I don't think I'm clinically depressed, but Ralph definitely cheers me up

Why would positive vibes be unbearable? Cause it seems fake?

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I'd put her content in the "basic self help" category. In other words, suitable for people that are struggling.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Moreira  This is just picking things out of context and not understanding how feelings/therapy work. If you tell someone not to feel the way they do, especially when they are down, you might as well not say anything. If you were to go to a professional psychologist/psychiatrist, they would most likely listen to you and basically repeat what you said to them until you come to a disagreement. There is nothing off or weird about that. It's not that professionals (or Teal Swan) are infallible, they aren't, but this approach is proven to be more effective than the „intuitive“ one. Just try it for yourself, try to prove someone wrong about their feelings, you will hit a rock bottom of resistance.

I understand her a little. I had the same issue as she has. 

I had this little "psychopath" inside of me, we all have.

If you will not integrate it fully (basically a shadow work), you will act as she does - whenever it shows up, she starts to giggle a little, just to hide it, just to "smoothen the vibration", whatever you call it. Trust me, I know what I am saying. It's unintegrated lover archetype of your psyche, at least that's what it was in my case.  The most animalistic and the godliest part of you, you can choose what you will do with it. Sex or love in other words. 

She is really narcissistic and it seems like she chose sex.