Seeker_of_truth

A Question to the Awake Folks here

39 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Nahm said:

Just a perspective, but I’d drop the perspective that people are more or less awake. It’s potentially self reductive & sneakily limiting of one’s purview, and can lead to creating beliefs to be dropped later in self realizing & the actuality of authority. There is no one left to claim wakefulness, that’s just kinda how it ‘works’, that’s what unity & wakefulness ‘points to’’. I’d keep the perspective of that matter entirely relative to yourself. Every answer you want can arise within you (all understanding does already) in the emptiness where the question was...albeit in an unfolding manor. But there’s much to be seen in that. It’s a story, a game.  Letting go is like the most powerful thing ever, because all does come from a perfect all knowing source within. It’s great & fun to chat & share, but careful with subtle self diminishing beliefs, as they only add more path. There is no mountain to climb, you started at the top not knowing how you got there (“here”). It’s more about deconstructing reality, self, & identity, & letting go of beliefs. Desire naturally abounds. Also, take into consideration, the immeasurable value of the opposite of everything I just said. Transcend in both, ideally, to see from “above” it. 

I'm not very clear about what you are saying here.... Anyway to clarify something, is what you mean by the opposite of everything you said is that "people are more or less awake"?

21 hours ago, Nahm said:

A dreamboard can be a real game / life changer in regard to what you’re pondering. When it’s all in front of you, rather than reeling in the vortex of mind potentiality, a larger slice is taken in from a completely different vantage point. The ‘work’ to be done today is infused with the spirit, and the desire - and knowing of - the dream life you’re creating as it is unfolding. 

I'll surely try it. Thank you.

21 hours ago, Nahm said:

Amen. I’d suggest the key is seeing the biggest picture of all your wanting. More trivial short term desires just fall away as the inspiration of the broad view fills ya up. Food, just as an example, becomes incredibly trivial relative to creating, living, and being filled, with being.

I wish I know what you mean by being. But as you said I'll try to see the big picture of all my wanting.

21 hours ago, Nahm said:

Something that might be worth contemplating for a few minutes...you’ve never actually known that anyone else is thinking - let alone what they’re thinking. Even if someone is telling you what they think to your face, you don’t know. We’re sort of born of sneakery. Quite innocently, but, don’t take my word for it.

Yeah I can accept that I don't know that anyone else is thinking, but I don't understand why you are mentioning it.... Can you please explain....

21 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Do what you love as much as you possible can, I would say it’s as simple as that. 

Of course there are then practicalities and nuances to deal with on your path, but follow your heart and all will be good. 

However, you also need to be practical in terms of survival, sometimes you may need a job that isn’t your dream job to survive, however simultaneously you could be working towards your “dream career.” 

However, yes, follow your heart as much as possible and do what you love. For example, for most exercise requires some discipline to start with but eventually becomes almost effortless when you find exercise You love and enjoy. 

Live from love, and you’ll see all the answers you need to :) 

?

20 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

I am by no means fully awake, but in my view, I feel rather than stratifying reality into strict categories of enjoyable/non-enjoyable or wants/non-wants, seek to see the beauty in all things. Literally, see the beauty in cleaning the toilet equivalent to your most favourite activity. Because fundamentally, life has no preference and is already perfect and whole.

But all those categories subjectively do exist don't they? I can pretend to like and wholeheartedly do something I don't like but it still doesn't feel the same like when I do something I like.... Any pointers on how you'd like what you don't like would be appreciated.

@RedLine Thank you for answering... I need to think about that.

2 hours ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I'm not very clear about what you are saying here.... Anyway to clarify something, is what you mean by the opposite of everything you said is that "people are more or less awake"?

“People” is a thought. 

I wish I know what you mean by being. But as you said I'll try to see the big picture of all my wanting.

The love that you are.

Yeah I can accept that I don't know that anyone else is thinking, but I don't understand why you are mentioning it.... Can you please explain....

“Anyone else” is a thought. 

Meditation is for detaching from thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Seeker_of_truth they only exist dependent on the mind, they do not exist objectively in reality. Categories are something finite that the ego has asserted.

The best thing you can do is dissolve your categories by exploring them. Contemplate why you like one thing over another and why one thing has to bring joy over another. Explore this so deep that you get to a bottom. You should find that all this is founded on a fragmentary belief system that can be discarded. 

You could then explore how joy can be seen in all things. What is joy and desire? Explore this and the answers should come to you. Our problem is that we are so stuck in the ego-mind that we can see the reality beyond it. Once we do, joy can be experienced whenever.

Whatever you decided to do is your path, That's it...

Whatever action is taken is perfectly equal to any other action. And every  reaction is perfectly equal to every other reaction.

Thoughts may say otherwise but they don't mean anything.

There is no actual bypassing because there isn't a path that needs to be followed in the first place.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I'm not more awake than the average Joe here, so I won't give you an answer. 
But I can still ask you a question, right? :) 

Do you find joy in helping others? Can you imagine a career for yourself that would help to make the planet a better place? 

Actually, this civilization that we have is beautiful when we look at it from the right perspective. We're practicing giving service to each other and we're earning money this way. 
I could spend my time with skydiving or kite-surfing (and I probably will, at some point), but right now I enjoy being in service for humanity. :) 

1 hour ago, Barna said:

I'm not more awake than the average Joe here, so I won't give you an answer. 
But I can still ask you a question, right? :) 

Do you find joy in helping others? Can you imagine a career for yourself that would help to make the planet a better place? 

Actually, this civilization that we have is beautiful when we look at it from the right perspective. We're practicing giving service to each other and we're earning money this way. 
I could spend my time with skydiving or kite-surfing (and I probably will, at some point), but right now I enjoy being in service for humanity. :) 

Can you think of this place as beautiful and yet think you could make it a better place? If you think its really beautiful, would there be a desire to make it better?

34 minutes ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

Can you think of this place as beautiful and yet think you could make it a better place? If you think its really beautiful, would there be a desire to make it better?

It's not only the static things or situations that are beautiful. Progress and continuous evolution are also beautiful. I think the most beautiful thing about existence is that it's always transforming. And I like to take part in this transformation process. :) 

On 4/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, Seeker_of_truth said:

Do you think that time spent doing what you like is better than time spent doing what you don't like.

Things that I don't like doing: exercise, studying, diet adjustment, consciousness work

Things I do like: getting built as fuck, getting smart/wise as fuck, looking good as fuck and I dunno...I guess I don't mind entering a state of super-knowledge and transcendental perpetual bliss with actual eternal life lol. I like that. ?

@Seeker_of_truth

This is a great question! This is actually something I am integrating within myself currently. This question is a wonderful reflection and a shocking synchronicity for me on my journey right now.  As the result of coming more into alignment with the Truths of what existence is and how it works it can often times seem that following the path of your highest passion and excitement and is at odds with the more “practical” aspects of life. I tell you this; nothing could ever be further from the Truth.

In truth it is about alignment. I will elaborate. You chose to come into physical incarnation, you chose this exact version of Earth to live out this life and explore your particular life theme. Your soul has a Life Purpose that it would like to explore with this life that you are living. That life purpose is unique and integral to what and who you are at the core of your being and can only be actualized fully by you. Pay very close attention to the things you genuinely enjoy doing. It is within those activities that you innately enjoy that your Life Purpose is couched within. This is why it is of profound importance that you always follow your intuition and highest excitement in every second of every day and take it as far as you possibly can to the best of your ability. Because it is the feeling and emotion of being truly alive, of feeling really connected that you are able to more effectively and happily live as the human that you incarnated to be.

It is best to abide in the present moment and in a place of beingness as fully as you can. We have often been erroneously taught in our society that doing what you truly love to do will not be able to support you. Or that you shouldn’t follow your highest joys because it isn’t practical. Many of the beliefs that the majority of people have are fear based and limiting; they are not even their own beliefs. Most of these limiting beliefs are the collective fear based beliefs of whatever society one is a part of. When people let these external beliefs into their subconscious it can cause them to unconsciously life in a fear based way and subsequently not live their lives as fully as they can. This is why it is profoundly important to always listen to one’s heart and intuition as the primary guidestones for one’s life.

The reason being is that your soul/ higher self is always communicating with you and always has your best interests. The most direct way to perceive this is to listen to and live by the heart and intuition. If you can be mindful enough to get out of your mind and into your heart you will naturally find yourself living in a state of being that is more reflective of the person you truly know yourself to be. It is in that state of being that you will be able to perceive, intuit and feel all of the various avenues and paths that you will be able to take in order to be fully supported in this life doing what it is that is in alignment with the desires of your soul and what you truly love to do in this life.  And being that reality is an exact reflection of your internal state of being if you live in this way in every moment of your life (which is very possible) then your reality will explode with many opportunities, avenues, and synchronicities that will come into your experience that will support you as it is reflecting your certainty, your knowingness within yourself that you are rooted within the ground of being, that you are loved, that you are supported.

It would make no sense if the things that truly resonate with your soul could not fully support you in this life. We all have incarnated for a reason and that reason is our life purpose. Align yourself with that. For it is within the things we innately resonate with, the things that bring us true timeless joy that hold aspects of why we came here. You are absolutely correct in your point of view that our individual lives are pointless if we cannot fulfill the desires of the soul.

Look within yourself to see if you have any fear based limiting beliefs or limiting definitions about this area of life. Really explore that. Once you remove fear based any limiting beliefs or limiting definitions and you listen to your heart and act on what truly resonates with your soul in every moment and take it as far as you can while being present with it; this is when you will truly see the magic of life and existence unfold before you in your life. Your soul/ higher self is always supporting you. I found this to be an incredibly powerful tool for helping me in this area. Choose Love in every moment. Always listen to your Heart.

You may find these two questions to be helpful.

What would a person who truly loves themself do in this moment?

Are you acting on your highest excitement in every moment and taking it as far as you possibly can, to the best of your ability, with absolutely zero expectation of the outcome?

Sorry for taking so long to answer you. I was integrating my own recent experiences and I really wanted to give you a high quality answer. Let me know if you got some value from this and what you think.

@nexusoflife Thank you for taking your time to answer :)

On 4/24/2020 at 4:05 AM, nexusoflife said:

Look within yourself to see if you have any fear based limiting beliefs or limiting definitions about this area of life. Really explore that. Once you remove fear based any limiting beliefs or limiting definitions and you listen to your heart and act on what truly resonates with your soul in every moment and take it as far as you can while being present with it; this is when you will truly see the magic of life and existence unfold before you in your life. Your soul/ higher self is always supporting you. I found this to be an incredibly powerful tool for helping me in this area. Choose Love in every moment. Always listen to your Heart.

You may find these two questions to be helpful.

What would a person who truly loves themself do in this moment?

Are you acting on your highest excitement in every moment and taking it as far as you possibly can, to the best of your ability, with absolutely zero expectation of the outcome?

You are right, I did realize that there were some fear-based beliefs that caused me to not follow my heart. 

On 4/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, nexusoflife said:

The reason being is that your soul/ higher self is always communicating with you and always has your best interests. The most direct way to perceive this is to listen to and live by the heart and intuition. If you can be mindful enough to get out of your mind and into your heart you will naturally find yourself living in a state of being that is more reflective of the person you truly know yourself to be.

how do we know if it is really what the heart wants, or if it was just a " impulsive desire"? 

On 4/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, nexusoflife said:

Look within yourself to see if you have any fear based limiting beliefs or limiting definitions about this area of life. Really explore that. Once you remove fear based any limiting beliefs or limiting definitions and you listen to your heart

really well said. there are many things in life that my heart wants, and i dont even dare to think/explore that possibility because of fear and change.

thank you :x

On 4/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

However, yes, follow your heart as much as possible and do what you love.

how to do that? 

does it also mean follow your impulses and all your desires?

@lostmedstudent I think it means follow what feels good and loving.

If you have multiple paths to take in life, choose the one that feels best.

Not what you should, must,  have to do etc

9 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Seeker_of_truth from awakened perspective - it's all just a dance. filming a film.

the characters in the book can never understand what the author thinks about them.

Hmm...