Raptorsin7

Looking for a job

39 posts in this topic

@Raptorsin7 Video games are fun and have taken all over my life fora good while, however this just doesn't resonate with me at all, however i appreciate breaking the family narrative and thinking for yourself, however now you really have to deal with yourself, every day, finding and going to work you will probably hate for a long while. This will feel nervebreaking, but i guess you can do it if you have the vision. However this conscious gameplay, if i can be honest, i don't feel like this is a good idea, but thats just my opinion. It almost feels like you would suggest to somebody consciously watching TV and somehow lead them into enlightenment experience. This feels very slippery and not necessary thing we need right now in our age to solve the worlds problems and to make them happy (maybe you do cause happiness in a lmited way, but this might promote people escaping other areas of life and retreating back to video games). I will be real here, i only play video games to escape intensity from life, and i have been dluding myself for such a long time -- masking it as some life purpose to make gaming videos. Sure look at pewdiepie and so on... they did it, but just because escapism is the trend. In my opinion shallow humor and memes are the trend i am guilty off. I find really really hard to cognize spirituality with gaming because there are alot of people playing games mainly to escape some area in their life. Their actual talents are different and mainly spirituality revolves around either renouncing the pleasures, people and places or while enjoying them renouncing the identities. If i feel intense enough, i will just quit and do what really makes me blissful and that is music. This is hard to talk about because gaming can be as delusional as pursuing music, however i have noticed so many actual pro-life things with music and intensly researching it that gaming doesn't have as far as my experience tells. I have spent 15000-20000 hours in front of a computer screen. Playing guitar alone or any other musical instrument and knowing something new every day is way better tool to underestanding life and snjoying the play of life rather than streaming and it becoming extremely mundane and predictable. Hey man all the best wishes, i just want to leave this there for a grain of tought. I am in no position to be right, but i feel sincere into putting my honest opinion man.

@zeroISinfinity Thanks a lot man your praise is much appreciated. You are real deal, forum is lucky to have you.

Life purpose is awesome, highly recommend. @Key Elements has good topics on it. I wish she was still here, but I think she's moved on to her own website.

@Raptorsin7 Man, if you dropped out of law school to pursue enlightenment or a business, I would understand, but if you're mostly going to play video games, it seems to be a bit of a waste, especially if you invested considerable time and money into your education already (including your family's presumably). Maybe you will build a great website and help a lot of gamers become more conscious? Perhaps, but isn't that just going to plug them into the matrix even more?

I obviously don't know you, so it is difficult for me to see the situation from your point of view, but your family may be right about this one. Honestly, if your family is willing to give you another chance, I would just finish law school. The job market is currently in the toilet and people are going hungry, by the millions. I really think you should reconsider your decision or you might regret it not just later in life, but a couple of months from now. We are now at the beginning of another Great Depression, with 34 percent unemployment forecast for the US, so do keep that in mind when making plans for the future.

@Dumuzzi I understand your concern but i'm very happy with my decision. I had a close family member express similar concerns as you, but i think it's coming from a place of fear and not love.

I made this decision because i want to be happy NOW. Not in 3 years when i graduate law school, not 10 years when i become partner. I learned to tune into my intuition and trust my instincts. This decision is what i want. And i learned that you really can get what you want in this life. No pain no gain is bull shit. 

My website is a business. And now that i'm not in school i will have more time to pursue retreats etc to further me on the path to enlightenment. For me life is life. There isn't a distinction between work, life. enlightenment etc. It's just life. And all decisions are about getting more love in my life and being happier. This decision was cold and calculated in the direction of love.

My faith is strong. I believe in myself, and trust myself and the decisions that come from me. The website idea came during a 2 hour float tank session, it felt divinely inspired to me. 

@Raptorsin7 Ok, it's not like I haven't done similarly rash things with my life, I hope this works out for you. As long as you don't actually starve, you'll be fine, you're young and can start all over again even if this venture doesn't work out as planned. But, if you don't try, you'll never know, right? B|

it's all cool and well, but. Did you think through the money question? Or your family agrees to support you?

@Hello from Russia My family will support me, I'm very fortunate I have a well off family. The job is just to keep me busy bc they don't want me gaming all day every day 

@zeroISinfinity  They were upset because they thought I was throwing my life away. But as my website progresses and starts making money they will be okay.

I am becoming a better person, so I listen more, work harder etc. My parents see the change in me, and I think they are starting to notice and appreciate it.

Overall it was a smooth transition, one of my uncles was really mad but he's an idiot and doesn't realize school's for idiots and you can be way more successful doing your own thing.

22 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

@Raptorsin7 As long as you don't actually starve, you'll be fine

Sometimes living through your deepest fears, is actually a good thing. 

On 07/04/2020 at 0:22 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

@zeroISinfinity  Because I don't want to be a lawyer, and i'm starting a website to bring consciousness to the video game community.

I will follow that cause !

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Raptorsin7

On 08/04/2020 at 4:00 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

Basically I'm going to hit max rank in league of legends because of god/love then write about it in a blog/website 

This is the craziest shit Ive heard :D  Please hit me up when you publish

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Have plan B too. I recommend you write a business plan for yourself with yearly goals. If this website idea catches on, there will be competitors popping up like mushrooms.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

And this applies not only to the business plan. When looking for a job, you should always describe for yourself personally the goals that you want to achieve for yourself in this vacancy and think about how you will grow further. Even now, when working in most cases on the Internet with fast secure vpn apk, this can be achieved without any problems.

Edited by JeremyTwitty

You can look for vacancies at startups, they usually look for people who have basic skills and ready to work hard. For example, I started working for a startup BridgeTeams right after graduating from university. 

There is also an option of looking for internships which can be not paid in the very beginning. However, they help get experience and can be combined with apart-time or remote job. 

Not to be the party pooper here .. but all I can think about is the book „So Good They Can‘t Ignore You“ by Cal Newport.

It essentially says: Do what‘s in your Zone Of Genius - that‘s something you are above everyone else qualified to do because of your very unique skillset.

People won‘t pay you for something that you like to do, but for something you can give them that nobody else can.

I’d say in my own words: Follow your passion is great and all - but do it strategically. Maybe just the right thing to do is working a job just to make money to finance your dream - if it leaves enough room for your passion project and the alternative is being dependent on your family.

If that’s not an option at least have a really solid plan how to make money with your passion. You shouldn’t just expect things to work out by themselves.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music