supremeyingyang

How will you make things better during shutdown?

20 posts in this topic

The Question says it all. We'll have likely 1 month+ time at hand for actualizing. This could be the #1 Chance to show empathy & lead people. I'm quite sure this time will change societies and we can participate in that as actualized.org viewers.

What will you do?:)

Peace

Well, it sure looks like I will be doing some involuntary weed fasting for the next month since the local supply chain seems to have gone belly-up for the most part... but that's probably for the best; I have been smoking WAY too much anyway lately, so this will probably give my brain some much needed recovery time, lol.

Other than that, I don't think that a hell of a lot is going to change for me either. Staying inside, going out only if necessary, avoiding physical contact & socializing and spending all of my free time in introspective isolation? Whoop-de-do, sounds just like another Saturday to me. ¬¬

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

I will be studying as usual.....and help my family financially.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Well, since they advise us to practice "social distancing" that is exactly what I am going to do; I will practice solitude, work on myself and go deep. I might try to lead intellectually, but remote empathy doesn't really work for me... when this all is over, however, then I will focus and appreciate more my social connections more for a while. Post-Corona will be a great time to focus on interpersonal matters. 

In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.

Simple adage which holds true here. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Valid and understandable Statements. Some said that they lived already isolated before the crisis. You were and are maybe isolated physically but we interact right now..

I feel that there will be opportunity to influence the flow events, for example to exploit the circumstances but also to help to enlighten many people in our social circle, heck or even strangers online. Corona will be the catalyst of a larger economic and social crisis, that came into being through corruption and (like Leo phrase it) devilry. The Question is this :

Will we collectively learn from this crisis more than from the crises of 2001 or 2008/2009?

There will be fear. I think about what I can do to contribute for the better. I was a loner in the past, but I think now is the time to get more socially active. I talk to friends and family online and give them support. However, this could be the big chance in OUR lifetime to change our social environment into the direction of love and solidarity.

But... what do you think about this ?

@lmfao @GrowthPilgrim @Galyna @Bazooka Jesus @Keyhole

Edited by supremeyingyang

I'm a little scared personally. I am struggling with my mental health and normally I see two people a week but they're cancelling for the next two weeks or so, so I'll see no one. 

Maybe I'll read and post on this site, maybe watch youtube. Idk

I'll help my family. I'm also helping my neighbors with essential supplies. 

I'm giving support to my friends. 

I am constantly checking on my family to see if they are safe. 

I'm putting my time into reading and cooking and spending time in my garden taking care of plants. 

I'm also spending time with craft and decor ideas along with my meditation and relaxation exercises. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

15 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

This could be the #1 Chance to show empathy & lead people.

I am doing a 30day cleanse beginning next week and documenting it on instagram to inspire people to be healthy!

Sailing on the ceiling 

I've been so busy at work and it was so draining and soul crushing that I abandoned my self actualization and meditation for 2 years.

This month quarantine is a blessing.

My plan is:

-first body detox: taking MSM and spirulina to clean the body of toxic metals.

-Make some fasting 2 days a week.

-start bioenergetic exercises to enblock tension and stress from my job.

-Finally return to the meditative practise, reading books,  calisthenic and yoga at home, watching documentaries, videogames...

@from chaos into self are you aware of the website 7cups.com? Listeners aren't qualified so it is not a substitute for therapy however it can benefit those who just want someone to talk to.

I am also a hermit and often have takeaway food so COVID hasn't affected my lifestyle yet.

I keep trying to work out how the virus and governments' reactions to it will impact society. I'm also trying to work out how best I can help my community. If I can drag myself over to the chair by the window and do some contemplation, who knows maybe I'll think of something.  

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

14 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Don't worry too much on things out of your control ^_^

2 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Don't worry too much on things out of your control ^_^

It's not out of my control. I'm quarantining them. I educate them on what needs to be done. I supply them with essentials and constantly keep an eye on the news to see how decisions are going to impact their lives. 

I'm trying to be as responsible as I can be. 

There will be fear. I think about what I can do to contribute for the better. I was a loner in the past, but I think now is the time to get more socially active. I talk to friends and family online and give them support.

@supremeyingyang I see your good-natured intention; the question, however, remains: how will you approach this? Simply telling people online they shouldn't worry won't cut it. And if you don't have a talent/skill in empathetic counseling (like myself) I guess it won't make much of a change. So how exactly will this "support" of yours look like?

@GrowthPilgrim

Good Question, thank you.

The first thing is to ask how THEY feel and then ensure my help if something is happening (even if it is just listening). If they are good I tell them what I gathered and what to expect and then shut up and wait for their response. That's it for the moment.

This is time to talk about what we want for our future and lift our environment up as well. For example will some people have problem with money in the next months, I won't. So I will support them with food or whatever they need. This is limited, but you got to start somewhere.

This evening people will pray to god and put a candle in the front window as a sign of solidarity. We will do that as well. Symbolic, but you gotta start somewhere...

On 22.3.2020 at 0:11 AM, Preety_India said:

I'll help my family. I'm also helping my neighbors with essential supplies. 

I'm giving support to my friends. 

I'm putting my time into reading and cooking and spending time in my garden taking care of plants. 

I'm also spending time with craft and decor ideas along with my meditation and relaxation exercises. 

i also try to do the supply stuff - we put up a telefone list in our house to call whoever needs help. unfortunately i guess the elderly somehow feel shy to take that help from strangers - and there are a lot people who live here longer so i won’t get that chance. i was also thinking about maybe organizing a broader neighborhood network - it would be nice if grocery stores would organize some kind of service, but some of the elderly are still not living in a digital realm. so it would somehow needed to be organized and communicated via tv or radio. i guess i won’t be able to do that not connected enough - and organizing sth like that would need months if its not done by the grocery stores. it would also mean to wear at least gloves while shopping for them - its so frustrating because its difficult to create some kind of barrier.

i also thought of doing coin laundry  , i mean washing my money before i bring it back to people i saw that once in italy in a bar - they had a tip box which was a jar filled with water and soap ?  - i so hope the new measurements there will help... in china they also disinfected the money at one point.

Edited by remember
added the last part about the money. so comments are about the previous column

@remember I wish they would do it. It's so important. 

@Preety_India yes me too. but maybe the idea can be communicated... i don’t know.

they also build see through screens in some supermarkets here , to protect the people at the counters, a see through foil is enough in a certain height. for customers they put tape on the floor for everyone to keep distance to protect them at least from standing too close.

ABAC927E-3C2A-4A04-A0B8-4278EBD16A0F.jpeg

3AE7ACFE-39E7-45D9-9EDB-70C332A06D2D.jpeg

things are only out of our control as long as we decide on not caring, as you say it, if everyone tries to give their best it can’t be the worst case. staying home for the elderly is the most important.

Edited by remember

Society has it all backwards. We need to spend time more in nature than anything else right now. Nature is how we stay immune to all dis-ease.

There is a deep healing and peaceful vibration happening right now on the earth, very few are those who are still enough to notice this.

Most people are blinded by the fear and caught up in the mental realm of mind/ego/media ect.. This keeps you blind from true awareness.

The dirt, the earth, the natural waters, the trees, the plants, minerals, sunshine, this is how you stay immunized not devouring the body with chemicals and UN-natrual means every 20 minutes, hindering the bodily fluids and its natural intelligence to protect and heal itself.

You have it all backwards, tune into nature let nature be your guide. Mans intelligence is crippled, natures intelligence is aligned.

B R E A T H E