Light_Ray

How To Practice Advaita (non Duality) Teachings In Daily Life? - Advaita Talk

72 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Isn't it the very nature of the dualistic mind that creates what is referred to as existence? A bird, a tree, a sunset ect.  Just asking because I'm not really sure. If existence was truly seen in a non-dualistic way, what would it look like? Would everything be seen as one field of light energy or vibrations something we can't comprehend?

Leo called it Pure Transparent Empty Awareness in his The Enlightened Self video. That would be even more primal than light energy or vibrations, and unknown to a human mind.

29 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Isn't it the very nature of the dualistic mind that creates what is referred to as existence? A bird, a tree, a sunset ect.  Just asking because I'm not really sure. If existence was truly seen in a non-dualistic way, what would it look like? Would everything be seen as one field of light energy or vibrations something we can't comprehend?

See, as soon as you think deeply about stuff like this you see the flaws. A world without different things that contrast and have a chemistry with each other would not be able to support any kind of life.

There are 118 elements on the periodic table and they all have different reactions and chemistries with each other. How would the world work if there was only one element? What would it combine with to form blood, bone, organ, and muscle tissue?

Non-duality goes against the theory of relativity, but multi-dimensionality and relativity work together for real practical success in life. 

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." ~ Albert Einstein

In the quote above you have quite a few inter-relations, not one (actually there are millions inherent to the quote above, we have to evolve to be able to have awareness of them all). You have pleasure x immersion x attenuation of the parasympathetic nervous system x perception of time - versus - pain x immersion x attenuation of the sympathetic nervous system x perception of time.

Not only are there different kinds of motion (not just one), but different combinations of motion, having different combinations of effect and affect with each other, depending upon how they inter-relate.

Without difference you have no axis, just a single plane, and reality simply does not work in that way. The universe is not one-dimensional, AND it's not 2-dimensional (duality), it's multi-dimensional.

Humans have to step forwards into multi-dimensionality and evolution, not backwards into being one-dimensional.

57 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Nothing can be seen in a non-dualistic way because for something to be seen there has be be a seer and a seen(=dual). And no, I don't mean that "nothing" actually can be seen, I really mean nothing can be seen :P 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Natasha Yea, I see what your saying. Something that transcends the known manifest realm and is prior to it.

4 minutes ago, vizual said:

Nothing can be seen in a non-dualistic way because for something to be seen there has be be a seer and a seen(=dual). And no, I don't mean that "nothing" actually can be seen, I really mean nothing can be seen :P 

@vizual I was thinking along the same lines after leaving that reply. I do sometimes perceive everything as one field of something. That perception happens especially when the surrounding field of view turns flat or 2 dimensional. That's probably just the mind though.

@Salaam Staying within the manifest realm of different dimensionality's, do you think there is one unified field that connects everything like the Higgs Boson?

Edited by cetus56

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

I think we can't comprehend from our dualistic point of view. We can say it exists and it doesn't exist, but that's just words.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

I think we can't comprehend from our dualistic point of view. We can say it exists and it doesn't exist, but that's just words.

@abrakamowse Like the double slit experiment, a wave becomes a particle only when it's being observed. So what is it really? Does anything really exist? haha

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@abrakamowse Like the double slit experiment, a wave becomes a particle only when it's being observed. So what is it really? Does anything really exist? haha

And the "spooky action at a distance"??? hehehehehe...

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/427174/einsteins-spooky-action-at-a-distance-paradox-older-than-thought/

"It involves a pair of particles linked by the strange quantum property of entanglement (a word coined much later). Entanglement occurs when two particles are so deeply linked that they share the same existence."

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

On 29.06.2016 at 11:01 PM, Natasha said:

@so here we are Lisa Cairns is awesome. This is my favorite talk of hers about non-duality:

This is very good

@abrakamowse That's good stuff- quantum entanglement! I know it's all happing only within the realm of the manifest. But still it's really cool to play with the possibility on some level. Think about every thought and action you make is known throughout all existence.

@cetus56  Yeah, crazy stuff. hehehehe... I think the best option (and one that I am beginning to slowly adopt) is do what Mooji suggest, to say: "I don't know"... hehehehe...

@Light_Ray  Maybe this books can be of your interest.

http://www.holybooks.com/the-zen-of-advaita-the-teaching-mastery-of-nisargadatta-maharaj/

There's a link to both books in pdf format, the part 1 and part 2

The Zen of Advaita – The Teaching Mastery of Nisargadatta Maharaj

@abrakamowse Yes, there is a place where all questions become totally redundant. Any question asked is like painting a red rose red. 

Edited by cetus56

@cetus56  That's why I like zen koans

Zen Koan:
Monk: “What is the true meaning of ch’an, (Zen)
Master Joshu: “A cypress tree grows in the yard.”

Monk: Master do not use objects to guide people.”
Joshu: “I am not using objects to guide people.”

Non-duality for daily life.

Edited by cetus56

On 7/6/2016 at 11:43 AM, cetus56 said:

@Salaam Staying within the manifest realm of different dimensionality's, do you think there is one unified field that connects everything like the Higgs Boson?

I feel that there are multiple fields that shift and change into and out of each other depending on the specific context at play.

Have you ever stopped and wondered why everybody wants or seeks this idea of "one thing" that unifies and solves everything? Why do we always try to funnel everything down into singular isolation? Isn't it possible that the drive for the comfort of such simplicity corrupts the nuance and eventual understanding of how the world actually is?

The universe can still be connected, while still being distinct, different, and diverse. Individuality does not automatically equate to isolation or disconnection. It is the flaws in the current level of perceptional human evolution, carried over as an unconscious bias that perpetuates such mistakes. Humans lack tension resiliency and find it hard to maintain a view attached to multiple contexts at one time. Usually the greater the emotional charge, the greater the tunnel vision/singular focus. And what is more emotionally charged than our belief about the very fabric of existence?

In this link from @abrakamowse https://www.technologyreview.com/s/427174/einsteins-spooky-action-at-a-distance-paradox-older-than-thought/

Notice how it was the addition of more context (quantum engtanglement) that changed the believed correctness of Bohr's assumption. It added another dimension of movement, that changed the "rules" of what could be considered possible.

This is how reality works. Every paradox or duality that has been resolved comes from increasing dimensionality.

I do it all the time in my own life. For instance, the duality of pleasure and pain. I solve by stacking and layering them on top of each other, so even pain feels great, like being bitten during sex. So rather then a one dimensional plane, or a combative two dimensional orientation with one replacing the other, I've got multiple dimensions of cooperative movement. Synergy, where people commonly believe such synergy can't occur. Bundles and tiers of diverse inter-dependent and balanced emotions, rather than one singular emotion.

Like bundles of diverse muscle fiber compared to a singular strand. Which is more likely to be capable enough to flex and carry a mechanical load?

More options, more potential, more variations in view and understanding.

Diversity through multidimensionality.

Edited by Salaam

@Salaam

" Non-duality goes against the theory of relativity, but multi-dimensionality and relativity work together for real practical success in life. "

Reading you, feels like you have a lot of knowledge, but here is the thing, everything you mentioned here comes from an objective Reality, how can you prove Objectivity? Please support your arguments here. Everything you are talking about it is an Objective Reality that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED BY YOU.

If you can not verify it, it is just a story in your mind. All that you can verify is "your" focal awareness, that is it!!!!  

"There are 118 elements on the periodic table and they all have different reactions and chemistry with each other. How would the world work if there was only one element? What would it combine with to form blood, bone, organ, and muscle tissue?"

Here, what they are trying to claim is that everything is unified with regards to correlation and distinctions. 

Personally, I love Quantum Physics and respect people who work hard to discover things.

But again, here is what bugs me is my subjective world VS objective Reality. I feel like it is the place where I should dig.

All the facts you've mentioned here are just stories outside "your" focal awareness. You can not really know how Reality works since observer and observation can be the same, the only fact that by observing we bend Reality is so huge that scientific world exacerbate this conflict of opinions what really IS. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Now that @Galyna mentions it, on a second read @Salaam  you are saying that:

"There are 118 elements on the periodic table and they all have different reactions and chemistry with each other. How would the world work if there was only one element? What would it combine with to form blood, bone, organ, and muscle tissue?"

You  are talking there about physical world, and the "idea" that everything is one, is beyond physics. Imagine the "nothingness" that is consciousness or awareness, and can create matter of 118 elements, or anything from nothing. Because it is nothing and everything.

I know what I am saying is a concept too, but it is not ONE "physically" that Buddhism and other philosophies refer to.

Edited by abrakamowse