Light_Ray

How To Practice Advaita (non Duality) Teachings In Daily Life? - Advaita Talk

72 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Salaam said:

Me and the universe change, balance, add, and synergize. We don't discard and replace. 

I love our relationship. Man, just feeling that fills me to near bursting with happiness and energy.

Just curiosity, you don't feel that everything is one... is that correct? How are you separated from the universe?

Not trying to convince you or say you are wrong or anything, just wondering about how you see reality.

Thanks in advance.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 hours ago, Piotr said:

@Salaam

Do you in your mind you try to overcompensate not experiencing oneness with projecting your idea about it on others? The way you portrait your reality no matter what choice of words... it just feels painful from my perspective. I don't know of anyone who was truly happy with the reality who felt the need to say it the way you do. You're clearly intelligent, but you seem to hold that against this community.

Although don't believe any word I say.

I agree. Although it feels painful for me to read his stuff, I sense the angst and frustration is the vehicle to communicate his pain.

I have no idea what his issue is, but nobody can help somebody who doesn't want to be helped.  My advice to you Piotr is stay away from toxic people, you don't realize how much damage they are doing to you even by reading the words.

On 7/16/2016 at 3:13 PM, abrakamowse said:

Just curiosity, you don't feel that everything is one... is that correct? How are you separated from the universe?

Not trying to convince you or say you are wrong or anything, just wondering about how you see reality.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see things as ONLY one. For me, that's an over-simplification that shrouds the details of reality and practical application. For me, that view is worse than useless, it's a detriment.

I see the universe as a multi-dimensional ecosystem that I am connected to within different planes, and degrees, and with different contexts AND I am also distant or distinct from within different planes and different degrees of distance/separation.

My view expands beyond absolutes (oneness) and binary (duality). So instead of absolute connection or absolute separation, you have degrees and types and mixtures of both. Which allows for layers/tiers/planes of different degrees and types of mixtures, that stack on and create systems themselves that also inter-relate and mix with other systems, in either direction from micro to macro. ALL GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME.

Do you know how much motion that is to be aware of and have pass through you? If you were aware of it all at once across the universe the heat generated from being the nexus or receiving point for all that information would fry your brains (and that's not even considering all the other factors that would destroy the physical composition of your body before even reaching such a point of totality). Jeez, I've had expansive integrations that would heat my body so high, I thought they might kill me, and those were but fractions of a fraction of a thimble of localized awareness, let alone "total awareness".

It's probably stressful to try and comprehend that, but in my view that's your brain fighting the demands of tension resiliency, that most humans aren't all that great with. Which is why, people tend to seek the comfort of simple absolutism (It's stressful to hold multiple nuances at the same time because that's where our current level of evolution has us, but we can outgrow and expand from it).

If you look at the human body, my brain and my liver for instance aren't directly connected or touching each other (on the physical plane), but they are both directly connected to nerves and veins at certain spots, that branch out and form a bridge, connecting them in-directly via contrast/inter-relation. Creating a shared space that allows for communication and connection, even though there is physical distance.

Maybe a picture will make it easier to understand how you can have both.

The three rings are all connected but, the 1st and 3rd ring are indirectly connected, yet still a part of the connective chain, and the flow of information.

What's cool though, is in real life, the second ring or shared space can be different degrees of either solid (like three people holding hands in a chain) or ephemeral (energetic fields of sharing via focus, sound, gravity, etc.) with different degrees of porousness versus barriers, that adds another dimension to how easily communication can pass through in ratio to the solidity or weight of the expression. Light, sound, magnetic waves are less solid and can more easily pass through barriers of solidity and inter-connect different systems, that are otherwise distant from each other.

And before people say well that's the physical world, the energetic world is different... that's fine if you choose that view, but I view the ephemeral world and the physical world as different gyrations and formations of the same stuff. It's just that the spectrum, range, depth, and flavors of those gyrations and formations are staggeringly huge in volume and breadth. But it is within that volume of inter-connection, where we find true intimacy and faculty with the universe.

three rings.gif

Edited by Salaam

What's the difference between the ephemeral world and the physical world? Both are the same.

An atom is separated and it generates energy, right? Isn't that energy the "energetic" world. I don't see difference, all are the same.

You perceive an object as physical, because that's what your senses tell you, but it's not physical. How do you know is physical?

We can't see reality, the only thing we have is our experience. The rest of the stuff or ideas are just thoughts, that they are very creative but they don't take us anywhere, because you don't even know if you are the thinker of your thoughts. You are perceiving them, but they are not yours.

Or what do you think? (Anyway we don't think, what we think we are is just another thought.)

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

10 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

What's the difference between the ephemeral world and the physical world? Both are the same.

An atom is separated and it generates energy, right? Isn't that energy the "energetic" world. I don't see difference, all are the same.

You perceive an object as physical, because that's what your senses tell you, but it's not physical. How do you know is physical?

We can't see reality, the only thing we have is our experience. The rest of the stuff or ideas are just thoughts, that they are very creative but they don't take us anywhere, because you don't even know if you are the thinker of your thoughts. You are perceiving them, but they are not yours.

Or what do you think? (Anyway we don't think, what we think we are is just another thought.)

:)

Again, for me, there is more to reality than JUST the same. How they combine and interact makes a world of difference. You can ignore that if you want, but I won't.

I work to see EVERYTHING as distinct from me and that distinctness imparts upon me responsibilities in how I treat everything that is distinct, BUT still has a type of connection and influence with me. The question then becomes, how do I/We and the rest of the universe inter-relate with each other.

See, that's where the disconnect comes from my view and experiences and you and others like you on this forum.

I trust in my senses, I've fine-tuned and sensitized them to ridiculous proportions.  So with these fine-tuned senses the physical world is obvious to me, because the way the physical world is structured is consistent in both form and action. Both it's shape and it's pattern's of motion are consistent. Not only are they consistent in that respect, but they are consistent enough to build upon and create change with. Change that very successful shapes my world and progress towards my preferences.

You say the physical world is not physical and you can believe that if you want, but for me and a lot of the rest of the world there is way too much context to the contrary to entertain such an assertion as anything other than nonsense. It's okay though, I'm not here to change you. This is just my reaction to the way you've chosen to perceive your world and how it contrasts with the population of experience inside me that invalidates such a view.

And for thoughts... I doubt you'll get this, but thoughts are child's play for me. I deal with forces and potentialities that cause structural and perceptional shifts, thoughts barely scratch the surface in that respect. Not only can I choose what I think, but I can direct the pulses of intuition that create "automatic" thought and lead them through different emotional environments, traveling to whatever emotional reality I want, while at the same time doing so in as smooth and gentle a way as possible so my organs aren't stressed by the transitions. Are there limitations, concerns, and consequences with such an ability? Of course, but it's a real skill among many that I've gained from my way of relating and translating the world. 

Do you know what it's like to palpably change and grow every week? Structurally? To have your base level pace change? To have your senses upgrade? To have your digestion change? Speed of perception? Resiliency towards pressure and stress? Ability to combine and bridge different emotions for completely different combinations and experiences? Ability to shift between flow states on the fly? Gain access to primal emotions?

I personally value those changes and get much enjoyment from seeing them grow and synergize with each other, nearly every day for the past 4 or so years. But, that volume of change and growth also gives me deep perspective on how un-evolved humans really are and how much work we all have to do still. There are much greater challenges out there, than most people will ever realize.

People around here don't really seem to change that much. Even those who have reached their so-called "enlightenment". Then they pedestalize people like Buddha, who based on my experience and standards wasn't all that capable. He can't even control attraction and repulsion. Shoot, he doesn't even see the structural system that mediates such actions.

Anyways, I'm not trying to convince you to see different. Your world is yours to translate. I'm just sharing some diversity from my view, which has been highly effective and practically applicable for me.

Edited by Salaam

15 minutes ago, Salaam said:

I trust in my senses, I've fine-tuned and sensitized them to ridiculous proportions.  

Ok smarty pants, I will give you that one...

But are you able to differentiate the flavours between two different dog turds just by smelling them from 4km away?

No?

Well I can! 

So there!

^_^

Edited by Mal

53 minutes ago, Mal said:

Ok smarty pants, I will give you that one...

But are you able to differentiate the flavours between two different dog turds just by smelling them from 4km away?

No?

Well I can! 

So there!

^_^

See you joke around, but differentiation has saved my life.

Being able to perceive and differentiate the emotions that occur within a split-second was what gave me the ability to see how comfort and despair combine to give depression it's route to internalization within the body and mind. It also gave me the ability to see how pride and humility inter-relate and can counter-balance each other, when bridged together in the right context.

Another cool things was being able to form an attachment to all the pain and feelings of loss in my life to the pleasure and motivation for building and harvesting my efforts in the future, creating an open-loop. I love and am extremely thankful for the ability to be able to attach and combine or partition and create space and boundaries on the fly that my body accepts and makes automatic, often building upon it by itself in spectacular ways.

But in my view Differentiation and Tension are only 1 of 13 other core abilities that make up the foundation of growth, that propels all the deep changes I experience.

18 minutes ago, Salaam said:

See you joke around, but differentiation has saved my life.

Being able to perceive and differentiate the emotions that occur within a split-second was what gave me the ability to see how comfort and despair combine to give depression it's route to internalization within the body and mind. It also gave me the ability to see how pride and humility inter-relate and can counter-balance each other, when bridged together in the right context.

Another cool things was being able to form an attachment to all the pain and feelings of loss in my life to the pleasure and motivation for building and harvesting my efforts in the future, creating an open-loop. I love and am extremely thankful for the ability to be able to attach and combine or partition and create space and boundaries on the fly that my body accepts and makes automatic, often building upon it by itself in spectacular ways.

But in my view Differentiation and Tension are only 1 of 13 other core abilities that make up the foundation of growth, that propels all the deep changes I experience.

Edited by Mal

@Salaam It's very clear that you're highly intelligent, and you interest me because of this. If you've genuinely developed the abilities that you've claimed to develop, I'd like to know how. I'm mostly interested in how you drastically increased the speed at which you process, how you "upgraded" your senses, and how you developed concentration to the degree that you are able to "focus for days" as you claimed on another thread. If you can concentrate to the degree that you claim, can you enter Samadhi? 

1 hour ago, Infinite said:

@Salaam It's very clear that you're highly intelligent, and you interest me because of this. If you've genuinely developed the abilities that you've claimed to develop, I'd like to know how. I'm mostly interested in how you drastically increased the speed at which you process, how you "upgraded" your senses, and how you developed concentration to the degree that you are able to "focus for days" as you claimed on another thread. If you can concentrate to the degree that you claim, can you enter Samadhi? 

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I looked up Samadhi and this definition most resonates with my view and abilities (from wiki) "Shankman: an abiding in which mind becomes very still but does not merge with the object of attention, and is thus able to observe and gain insight into the changing flow of experience."

I call this "thinking (or moving) in parallel" and I'm pretty much in that state all the time, gradually changing to hold more and more contrasts in parallel. Choosing which thoughts I fuse/merge with and the degree of immersion. This parallelity is also referred to as capacitance with electromagnetic fields. So it is externally in nature, so to is it internally within us humans.

If you notice there is a space/void/nothingness in between the two plates held in parallel and that is what people on here refer to as the void (in my view and experience). A lot of times people on here meditate and attach/fuse to that void and then pedestalize it as "true awareness" but for me, it's not "really" empty, it's the space where I feel fields of energy or tension that arise from two or more things. For me, the void is dangerous to fully fuse with, because it will shroud out human emotions, but I've long learned how to keep both balanced and running in parallel synergy at the same time. That synergy held in parallel is what affords me the ability to bridge and combine and counter-balance things like pride and humility or pleasure and pain.

If you want to experience what I mean viscerally, get a magnet and a piece of metal and hold them close together, but not so close that they're touching and feel the pull and tension of the attractive forces struggling within your hold to "snap together" (I feel a similar pull and restraint at all times in conjunction with my "electric cloud" void feeling and of course normal thoughts and emotions). This is analogous to what happens within a fraction of a second with things that come into our focus and have an attractive or repulsive charge. We come in range, it pings our awareness , and if the charge is intense enough it shifts our attention towards it, and if that charge reaches past a certain threshold we immerse within it and start creating narrative chains of thought around it. If you ever notice how some thoughts arise and then flow past and some you latch onto and delve into, you'll have at least a starting point for differentiating the degrees of fusion and immersion.

But when you have worked with things like me, you can restrain the momentum of that attractive/repulsive movement, shifting the degree of fusion and degree of immersion, holding that space, allowing you to see deeper and wider and calmer while still connected. This allows you to catch the subtle details of interaction and grow and learn, rather than fall into circular behaviors, because the emotional charge is too strong and it creates the same reaction over and over again (like people who always get caught up in heated political debates about the same stuff. It's the emotional charge, attaching and shifting them over and over again. Which is also why things like "click-bait" get people time and time again).

Anyways, how I've trained myself to do such things is a long explanation that I'm writing a book about, but if you still have interest I'll try and write something for you to think about and try.

capacitance.jpg

Edited by Salaam

44 minutes ago, Salaam said:

But when you have worked with things like me, you can restrain the momentum of that attractive/repulsive movement, shifting the degree of fusion and degree of immersion, holding that space, allowing you to see deeper and wider and calmer while still connected. This allows you to catch the subtle details of interaction and grow and learn, rather than fall into circular behaviors, because the emotional charge is too strong and it creates the same reaction over and over again (like people who always get caught up in heated political debates about the same stuff. It's the emotional charge, attaching and shifting them over and over again. Which is also why things like "click-bait" get people time and time again).

@Salaam Thanks for the response.

How does what you said here differentiate from someone who has trained a high degree of equanimity, which is essentially controlling the momentum of attractive/repulsive movement in the same way that you are speaking of? Is it the same? When you train equanimity, you are essentially training the mind to remain calm and equal when faced with attractive and repulsive movement of any kind, which prevents momentum from building in either of those directions.   

And yes, I still have great interest so any information at all would be much appreciated. 

On 7/20/2016 at 7:01 PM, Infinite said:

@Salaam Thanks for the response.

How does what you said here differentiate from someone who has trained a high degree of equanimity, which is essentially controlling the momentum of attractive/repulsive movement in the same way that you are speaking of? Is it the same? When you train equanimity, you are essentially training the mind to remain calm and equal when faced with attractive and repulsive movement of any kind, which prevents momentum from building in either of those directions.   

And yes, I still have great interest so any information at all would be much appreciated. 

Sorry, been super busy.

Well, the way I view equanimity is the ability to maintain calm through a sense of detachment from situations that if you were "closer" or "more attached with" would disrupt that level of calm.

To understand what I'm talking about we must first differentiate the effect and affect of emotion. Effect is how it feels and affect is how it physically shifts you. So with equanimity, the effect or how it feels is predicated on the affect of emotional distance. With my stuff, calmness is more than just the effect/feel of calm, but also the affect/structural characteristic of stability. So what that means, is you can maintain stability and a strong sensory/perceptional sensitivity by getting closer and closer to even the most intense emotions. This is very precious for personal growth, because there are emotional environments we must process that are very intense/emotionally charged, but also at the same time require a very finessed level of perception in order to properly resolve and evolve. And if we don't have this ability, we never pass that "firewall" of emotional intensity and fall back again into our previous cycle of behavior.

Also, this ability is not just for perception and relation, but it allows us certain actions. Bridging, blending, and connecting different emotions like pride and humility, or creating partitions and boundaries between emotions like comfort and despair.