Light_Ray

How To Practice Advaita (non Duality) Teachings In Daily Life? - Advaita Talk

72 posts in this topic

Hello there,

Iam listening a lot to advaita teachers talking about non duality, which seems to be the path to truth for me.

The meditation about discovering the true self always seems to be resting in awareness until you fully realize that this is all that exists. 

Now I wonder how you can practice non duality or advaita in daily life (if sou are not realized yet).

I think I heard that ramana Maharshi told to be in the present state of awareness in daily life as often as possible, but sometimes you have to concentrate on something or you are too restless to feel the awareness or whatever, so how can you practice non duality in these cases? 

Furthermore I would like to read books about advaita teachings. Can you recommend some?

What teachers do you resonate with?

In addition I am looking for like minded people who are on the non dual path to connect with.  

Maybe there exists a live chat anout non dual teachings or something. 

Feel free to contact me.

Thanks, I appreciate your answers.

Edited by Light_Ray

Actually, for me, non-duality is not being aware. At least not at the level most people are, because once you think you're "aware" of something, you always have a thought in the back of your head that there is someone being aware, aka. You

For you to face non-duality you have to be in a state of just being and not thinking about it. I don't know what kind of interests you have, but me myself I practice Judo. And once I'm in a randori/fight, it's like "I" stop existing for a few moments. When I during a split second make a big throw, the throw just acts on itself and I don't think that "I'm doing it". I'm at such a strong focus so that I almost forget what I'm doing. The body acts on its own because it knows what to do, so it doesn't need a "Me" to do it for it. Ever had an experience where you're doing something really focused so you kind of lose yourself? That's what non-duality is. It's about being aware to a point that you don't need an awareness "being aware"

Hard to explain, but it's more of a feeling. Simply put: don't think too much.

- Enter your fear and you are free -

41 minutes ago, Quizzer said:

Actually, for me, non-duality is not being aware. At least not at the level most people are, because once you think you're "aware" of something, you always have a thought in the back of your head that there is someone being aware, aka. You

For you to face non-duality you have to be in a state of just being and not thinking about it. I don't know what kind of interests you have, but me myself I practice Judo. And once I'm in a randori/fight, it's like "I" stop existing for a few moments. When I during a split second make a big throw, the throw just acts on itself and I don't think that "I'm doing it". I'm at such a strong focus so that I almost forget what I'm doing. The body acts on its own because it knows what to do, so it doesn't need a "Me" to do it for it. Ever had an experience where you're doing something really focused so you kind of lose yourself? That's what non-duality is. It's about being aware to a point that you don't need an awareness "being aware"

Hard to explain, but it's more of a feeling. Simply put: don't think too much.

To what teachings do you refer? All Advaita teachers I know say, that awareness is the only reality, everything else is an illusion, and that is what wants to be realized by conscious experience (not thought).

Its not about experiencing it once or twice in certain moments like in sports but always and everywhere. This is what realization of truth is about.

It actually doesnt seem to me as if you refer to non duality teachings, but rather something else.

Edited by Light_Ray

@Light_Ray

Hello,

If you are serious about your tradition and want to understand how to practice "Integrated" yoga then take a look at the works of Sri Aurobindo. 

It's all there.  This life is not Maya, but a perfect manifestation of the Divine. 

@Light_Ray I've seen non-duality. You probably haven't.

- Enter your fear and you are free -

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Quizzer said:

@Light_Ray I've seen non-duality. You probably haven't.

Even if this was the case, it doesnt change The fact that your answer is not helpful because it doesnt respond to my question which is specifically referring to advaita Teachings And you Obviously dont. 

Don't respond pls.

Except you want to let know everybody Even more that you are just grasping for attention, 

Edited by Light_Ray

@Light_Ray You cannot practice Non Duality since it's not a practice. Just try to be in the present moment as much as you can and create a meditation habit if you want. Try to clean your thoughts at least 10 times a day. Non Duality is not something that you do, is something you are (i guess, I'm not enlightened yet lol). Hope this was helpful!

PS: Dont think too much about it, just feel the presence within you and that you are actually beyond thoughts, that you exist even though you are having no thoughts at all.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

lisa cairns explains non duality on ustream on Wednesday and Sunday evenings.

57658b1f9ee83_nonduality.jpg.a549e210f6c7122d8f5327c8a6d9ff23.jpg

@Natasha You and Lisa have the same great vibe. Like your sisters from another mother. ( I know that doesn't rhyme). She is amazing, love the feminine energy happening.

@Light_Ray

Hello,

You can check out Sri Aurobindo as Mal said, it might very well suit you :)

As far as non duality teachings are concerned, have you ever heard about Dzogchen ? If you are interested in it, look at some books from Namkhai Norbu.

Good luck!!

I'm reading the Zen of Advaita part I and part II based on the teachings of nisargadatta Maharaj and it's blow minding. I found them online free I  pdf format. I'll send u the links later.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 6/29/2016 at 4:01 PM, Natasha said:

@so here we are Lisa Cairns is awesome. This is my favorite talk of hers about non-duality:

@Natasha  That woman is so awesome, she explains so clearly and you can see that she knows what she's talking about. I think she's the most enlightened person I have seen lately on youtube, more than a lot that are considered masters. Amazing!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Natasha  That woman is so awesome, she explains so clearly and you can see that she knows what she's talking about. I think she's the most enlightened person I have seen lately on youtube, more than a lot that are considered masters. Amazing!

If you resonated with her, you will with Tony Parsons as well. Their style is unique - they don't teach, they communicate.

Just now, Natasha said:

If you resonated with her, you will with Tony Parsons as well. Their style is unique - they don't teach, they communicate.

Thanks @Natasha  I was thinking in reading him as well, thanks for the heads up. Good stuff.

:-)

Isn't it the very nature of the dualistic mind that creates what is referred to as existence? A bird, a tree, a sunset ect.  Just asking because I'm not really sure. If existence was truly seen in a non-dualistic way, what would it look like? Would everything be seen as one field of light energy or vibrations something we can't comprehend?

Edited by cetus56