JalenS23

Leo’s health issues

43 posts in this topic

To Leo,

I’m not claiming to be a professional of any kind, this is clearly not medical advice. In regards to your health issues. Chronic fatigue, thyroid issues,etc. I honestly still believe it is related directly to your diet and other possible lifestyle factors. You said that you’ve tried just about every healing modality but from my understanding you’ve never tried eating a raw vegan diet for any significant period of time if not any period of time. At least 90 days of eating exclusively fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Being sure you’re eating enough calories according to your caloric needs and eating relatively low fat (i’d say around 5%-20% of total calories coming from fat, I stress the low fat because some people eat a high fat raw vegan diet consisting of mostly nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut, etc with little amounts of fresh fruits and veggies, and can ruin their health In that way imo) Also doing your best to get a variety of fruits and veggies, getting in lots of micro nutrients and minerals, leafy green vegetables, maybe some green powders like daily green boost (barley grass juice powder), Spirulina, wild herbs if you can, etc. I truly believe the solution to your health issues as well as society’s is much simpler then we presume. I just ask that you keep an open mind and give it a trial just like an other practice, psychedlic, healing modality, etc that you’ve tried. If my hypothesis is true, and you can heal the body physically (reversing chronic ailments and creating optimal and vital health) through radically changing your diet to exclusively raw foods or maybe even just a high raw fully plant based diet. Can you imagine the transformative power that could have synergistically with your teachings? What that could mean for the world if that message was spread? If you want to check out some books that teach the lifestyle based off science and not just raw food dogma imo. I’d recommend the 801010 diet by Douglas Graham, Becoming Raw by Brenda Davis, The Raw Food Nutrition Handbook: An Essential Guide to Understanding Raw Food Diets by Rick Dina and Karin Dina, Mastering Diabetes by Cyrus Khambatt and Robby Barbero, How Not To Die by Michael Greger (last one isn’t fully raw, just heavily scientific researched based on a plant based diet). I hope you give this a try one day. I continue to hammer this home because I believe this is one relative truth that might be missing that could potentially take you and your teachings even deeper, heal a lot if not all of your physical issues and ailments, and can potentially do the same for mankind. 

I hope your enjoy your time away from creating content and that it’s truly valuable, Thank you for all that you do.

Much love,

Jalen

Edited by JalenS23

I would also say the diet plays the key role here, but of course we don't really know Leo's diet.
I myself also had probably the same kind of thyroid issues Leo has and for me it was simply Supplements that resolved this problem for me.
Iodine is the key really. Not sure how much of a difference other supplements make but I've also been taking D3+K2, B12, zinc, magnesium, Omega 3 and a few other unimportant things. I think exercise always can help with such things, although I also know how difficult it tends to be to motivate yourself having such fatigue. I would also always consider it might be some form of autoimmune disorder like hashimoto's. From a lot of research I've gotten to the conclusion that all autoimmune disorders are caused by a leaky gut combined with animals proteins of any form, these animals proteins don't get translated properly if they leak through the gut and get attacked by the immune system.
So a vegan diet would be good for a start, although I think it's only necessary as long as you still have the leaky gut. It's caused mainly by coffee, alcohol and gluten, there are other factors for sure. Omega 3 is very helpful in this case, I honestly don't remember every single aspect of this but it would be sufficient to just google leaky gut and see what to abstain from and what to include into your diet among with iodine and maybe some other supplements. I think it should take a few months to really heal but I'm not sure of course how long it takes exactly. After the leaky gut is healed though your diet doesn't have to be that strict anymore, I guess.

Keep in mind that's nothing scientific, just my personal experience and research on this topic.

Edited by LaucherJunge

Very well said man I agree. Supplementation can be huge, as well as exercise and just general healthy living like you said. Hopefully whatever issues Leo is dealing with he’s able to get them resolved. I’m just sharing my personal experience and research as well and what I believe I’ve found to be a possible solution (:

Leo seemed abit tired in the latest video, hope he gets better, thyroid problems seem like a real betch. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I’d like to see Leo go deeper than this actually. Juice fasting with herbs holds great potential in self healing. It can be rough however as all the normally stimulated/ dependent organs will need to begin functioning on their own (really just how they were designed) so all weaknesses will first come to the surface. Transitioning to raw is a smart step before breaking from solid food altogether during the healing journey 

In his videos he mentions seeing a doctor if I recall correctly, but a lot of doctors and endocrinologists don't have the best understanding of the new developments in thyroid health information because they are indoctrinated in old ways of thinking. 

This is a great podcast/podcast transcript that goes into a lot of depth about the issue. 

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/transcripts/transcript-the-paleo-thyroid-solution-book-with-elle-russ/

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@JalenS23 I really wonder if his thyroid issue is related to iodine deficiency. If it was then he could just eat more seaweed, but it might not be the root cause, idk.

@Red-White-Light Yeah that is a possibility. I also wonder whether Leo keeps up with his physical fitness anymore. He says he stopped going to the gym, which is fine, but even if he just had some minimal equipment in his house to do some strength training that might rejuvenate his energy levels. If you are reading this Leo, you may have the cleanest diet but challenging your body physically has a profound effect on your vitality.  

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

14 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

I really wonder if his thyroid issue is related to iodine deficiency. If it was then he could just eat more seaweed, but it might not be the root cause, idk.

I would be surprised if that was so. These days it is the most obvious thing and I think Leo's diet from what he mentioned in some videos is fairly well balanced to recieve those daily 150mcg of iodine needed. More likely this issue is deeper and maybe even stemming from something in very early childhood such as viral infection or mitochondrial dysfunction especially when there is also the fatigue present. But we can only speculate. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@TrynaBeTurquoise It's pretty common when one gets into consciousness work they stop working out as much, sadly. 

I get that bodybuilding in it's purest form is basically pure ego, but like anything you can evolve exercise with the understanding. 

Make Bodybuilding more about overall health as we always discuss and turn it into not only an art of developing your body consciously but performing the exercises is also an art. 

Or, if that doesn't take your fancy, find exercise you can lose yourself in and deeply enjoy, and then it simply becomes a meditation. 

Also, exercise is incredibly good for how we feel 'relatively' speaking in terms of our body/minds wellbeing, just because we realize absolute happiness doesn't mean we won't get aches, pains and the rest!

Oh yeah, btw found a book you'll love I'm listening to it on Audible, it's pretty good so far! (41 hours of Boundless next....) 

'The Joy of Movement' 

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Joy-of-Movement-Audiobook/0593151453?qid=1583491850&sr=1-1&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1&pf_rd_p=e81b7c27-6880-467a-b5a7-13cef5d729fe&pf_rd_r=4860YV55S7A0DY9HJ5T5

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Leo GuraMaybe an elimination diet would help? I have heard that food sensitivities can cause fatigue. I'm in the process of doing one myself, cutting out gluten and dairy has helped a lot with my energy. 

Does anyone actually know his current diet? This whole thread is so speculative.

@LfcCharlie4 Thanks for the recommendation. 

I wouldn't call the type of strength training to stay healthy bodybuilding at all though. 

For someone in Leos situation I would basically recommend doing basic compound movements like squats, rows, presses, lunges with just some minimal external weight and bodyweight. Just keeping it super simple, no fancy advanced exercises or isolating your arms or anything (unless the person wants to). Just a small set of kettlebells, maybe a TRX is all the equipment needed, 30-45 min 2-3 times a week, with a couple days of walking/yoga poses/ect. in between would be perfect to get stronger and be more robust from a health standpoint. Muscle would just be a byproduct that comes along in the process. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise I feel like Leo could become a really good bodybuilder if he wanted to, especially when you have high body conciousness.

Edited by Red-White-Light

A piece on health issues from the beautiful books 'Ringing Cedars of Russia':

"I've also realized that physical illnesses arise in man not only as a result of his removal from Nature or the dark feelings he allows himself. They—illnesses—can also be a mechanism for warning or even saving someone from significantly greater torments. 

"Illnesses are one mechanism, one means of communication between the Great Intellect—God—and man. Man's pain is His pain as well. But there's no other way. How else can you be told, for example, 'Don't throw all kinds of things that aren't good for you into your stomach'?

It's more satisfying to send someone healing energy then it is to play doctor when you're not actually their doctor or even separate than. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

26 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

It's more satisfying to send someone healing energy then it is to play doctor when you're not actually their doctor or even separate than. 

Sending healing energy to you... AND a tip to stop eating tomato seeds for a while to see if they make a difference to your thyroid health :D

@BETGR164128 I actually do have thyroid problems and also ate tomatoes yesterday. OK, nevermind what I said, this Oneness stuff is creepy. 

xDxDxD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost