MrDmitriiV

Here’s why Joe Rogan won’t invite Leo

31 posts in this topic

Many people, including me, would like to see Leo on JRE. But recently I had an eureka moment watching his episode with Rashad: (Skip to 39:50-40:00 pls)

At 40:00 min Rashad went the deepest during that show, touching on the “Others are me” part of spirituality. Notice how Joe completely ignored that and asked him about physical training straight away.

That’s cause Joe surely doesn’t wanna go to the insane waters of spirituality. If he starts going that deep, the things he values most will have to be surrendered in exchange for Truth. That’s a huge downside of being so successful, too easy to get attached to all of those goodies. 
Also just go read the comments under JRE vids, very immature audience.

PS. Joe Rogan follows Leo on Twitter, so he surely knows about Leo. Maybe watching some God vids scared him off.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

I think that Leo has still a very niche audience, I don't know how much JRE audience would listen with open ears what Leo would say in the show.

I highly doubt he deliberately won't invite Leo. He probably has no idea who Leo is. Leo is just another Youtuber who isn't even that big and hasn't done any major public interviews or events.

Joe probably has a torrent of hundreds and hundreds of potential people to invite and Leo simply isn't high on that list.

That said, if Joe had Leo on I have no doubts it would be a fascinating conversation and Joe would love it!

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy @Extreme Z7

1 hour ago, Roy said:

He probably has no idea who Leo is.

He does. He follows Leo on Twitter.

@Javfly33 Joe is inviting a lot of niche guests, way less known then Leo.

It would be great if someone talked about spiral dynamics on that show, I’m sure it’ll be interesting enough. 

1 hour ago, MrDmitriiV said:

That’s cause Joe surely doesn’t wanna go to the insane waters of spirituality. If he starts going that deep, the things he values most will have to be surrendered in exchange for Truth. That’s a huge downside of being so successful, too easy to get attached to all of those goodies. 

I think that is the case too. And also not only hes business can get into problems if they start brining up "we are all one" but hes ego wants to keep all the goodies

He likes bringing up dmt and spirituality only to the point where is framed like I "know that life is a mistery and i dont know shit" so when the guys that havent tried psychedelics say a "fact" about something that he "objectively" understands but likes hes pov better ofc he imo defends it like this "yeah yeah i know your perspective but,  have you tried dmt?" and he perfected the art of changing a subject, he knows how to do hes job! :D this is the shady stuff i cherry picked. I love Joe and hes Art <3

what do you guys think?

this is a projection of my defence mechanisms that im dealing with right now 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

I think that Leo has still a very niche audience, I don't know how much JRE audience would listen with open ears what Leo would say in the show.

I think that if Leo wants to market Actualized.org he would find ways to do it better? Even go on JRE

I agree with you, i think that people are not ready for what he has to say, and why would he jump stages on hes podcast to not offend the egos, when all he has to say is on Actualized.org?

I think the Rich Roll Podcast would be a more appropriate platform to have Leo as a guest. Rich Roll has already had various discussions about spirituality, awareness, although he is more centered around healthy & lifestyle. He's very open-minded (eg also towards paranormal stuff) and solid green/yellow.

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

This. 

It would probably not be a good idea for both of them. Leo is too radical for the mainstream. You cannot discuss spiral dynamics in the mainstream, you will be called a liberal hack and not one will admit they or their religion is lower on the spiral. His criticism of science makes it worse.

They would get more hate than love for doing it.

It takes a certain level of implicit understanding, prior experience, curiosity, and open mindedness to take Leo seriously. Most people, including Joe, don’t have that. Most people listening to Leo don’t understand what he’s saying, to understand they would need to experience it for themselves. Besides, Leo isn’t a celebrity, writer, scientist or in the mainstream, Joe is not going to invite someone who isn’t on the mainstream, specialty not a medium sized youtuber who makes hour long videos about woo woo topics.

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

It's not a personal thing. I think he's just busy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When I watched the clip and Rashad was saying that he realized others were him, Joe made a noise like he was blown away, but as with most people, he probably did not think that point could be expanded upon. Don't think asking about training was dodging it per say, I don't think Joe would know how to carry on that discussion, hes still in the materialist metaphysics. 

Leo on that show would be a highly interesting cultural phenomenon. The tricky part is imo, listening to a lot of Joe Rogan in the past, maybe he's gotten better, but when his core beliefs are challenged, he can get very adversarial and closed minded, even rude to the guest, and sometimes he takes his comedy shtick way too far in the most serious moments of discussion which totally undercuts the guest and throws them off. Leo would have to be highly highly skilled in maneuvering all those things, which I think he is capable of being for sure, but might be more challenging than one would think. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

14 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@Leo Gura Maybe Aubrey is still open to inviting you. :D 

I think this would be ideal first, Aubrey is a highly open and vulnerable guy, and have always seen him extremely gracious to his guests, and is more immersed in spiritual topics in general than Joe. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

When I watched the clip and Rashad was saying that he realized others were him, Joe made a noise like he was blown away, but as with most people, he probably did not think that point could be expanded upon. Don't think asking about training was dodging it per say, I don't think Joe would know how to carry on that discussion, hes still in the materialist metaphysics

Joe Rogan has done some 5Meo trips, so he knows about what Rashad talked about. Just doesn’t wanna go that far. That “mind-blown” noise was obviously just for show. 
If you were told about winning a lottery, would you ignore that and switch topics?

Of course not.

Joe is a very good at not going too far into science or spirituality, too far left or right. He’s got much public image to defend, which is hard.

10 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

Joe Rogan has done some 5Meo trips, so he knows about what Rashad talked about. Just doesn’t wanna go that far. That “mind-blown” noise was obviously just for show. 
If you were told about winning a lottery, would you ignore that and switch topics?

Of course not.

Joe is a very good at not going too far into science or spirituality, too far left or right. He’s got much public image to defend, which is hard.

While he has gone deep in psychedelics, they wont transform your worldview if you are stuck in stage orange metaphysics. He has been very stubborn with scientific thinking in the past. When he had a guest on who spoke on the philosophy of science, stating the limits of science and rationality he got very defensive and noticeable frustrated. 

Defending public image is hard, but its not something thats mandatory. Its a personal choice to sacrifice public image for truth and open minded discussion. Thats his decision if he cares about authenticity or what the public thinks of him. 

Whether the mind blown noise was for show or not is irrelevant, and we don't know his true feelings in that moment. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise They do transform even the most stubborn. At least create a good dint on the ego structure.

In some other vid Joe talked about his 5Meo trip and him becoming the whole universe, saying “that’s probably what happens after we die”. So in the back of his mind he already has many spiritual insights, just doesn’t wanna explore further because he’ll have to sacrifice many valuable things for Truth. 

He also knows how dogmatic science can be. Look at his shows with Graham Hancock and Randall, perfect example of how the mainstream cult of scientists reject obvious evidence.

I just watched too much JRE to not see thru the moves he takes during shows, carefully navigating topics and make it look natural.

47 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise They do transform even the most stubborn. At least create a good dint on the ego structure.

In some other vid Joe talked about his 5Meo trip and him becoming the whole universe, saying “that’s probably what happens after we die”. So in the back of his mind he already has many spiritual insights, just doesn’t wanna explore further because he’ll have to sacrifice many valuable things for Truth. 

He also knows how dogmatic science can be. Look at his shows with Graham Hancock and Randall, perfect example of how the mainstream cult of scientists reject obvious evidence.

I just watched too much JRE to not see thru the moves he takes during shows, carefully navigating topics and make it look natural.

Yes, he is skeptical about science in that sense, that there is more to the story than what current science is teaching, as with the Graham Hancock episodes. But, when it comes to being radically openminded to "question the obvious" about what science as a whole fundamentally is, I do not think he has ever gone there or is very open to that. The Graham Hancock example is the the tip of the iceberg when it comes to questioning science.

Psychedelics did change him, but just doing them alone won't automatically change your paradigm about reality. There are a bunch of psychedelic users locked in the materialist paradigm. 

Don't just assume he has all these insights but is just hiding them, you don't know what he knows and how ignorant he is overall of certain things.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

3 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Don't just assume he has all these insights but is just hiding them, you don't know what he knows and how ignorant he is overall of certain things.

I didn’t assume on a whim, I’ve listened to him talk about them. 
And listening to him talk for hundreds of hours to dozens of people did make me knowledgeable of the many (not all ofc) parts of his mind.

J: And... we're live Leo Gura. How are you sir?

L: I'm pretty good thanks.

J:You haven't done many podcasts have you?

L: I've been saving myself for you Joe

J: OK so there's no pressure... if we fuck this up (joking) you'll just never do another podcast

L: (More sarcasm) Yeah but I can cross it off my bucket list

J: You can absolutely

J: Your channel is unusual. Can I say that? I think I can say that.

L: It is unusual.

J: I've watched a fair few of your videos and there are some very, very controversial statements in there.

L: (explains history of A.org making comparisons with more mainstream self-help, meditation, enlightenment.)

Cue psychedelics discussion. Joe asks plenty of skeptical questions. Leo responds, with plenty of caveats and fundamentals, e.g. they both acknowledge that you can't just tell a religious person to drop their faith, or an atheist to consider nonduality.

Leo may or may not smoke some bud.

Politics. Dating. UFOs.

Boom.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal