Raptorsin7

How Do You Feel About Death

21 posts in this topic

What do the people on the forum think of their own eventual death? Higher consciousness individuals usually talk about experiencing physical death which leads to a realization of the truth or god. I wonder if you've had that experience of ego death do you have any fear of your eventual physical/real death?

I've never had an enlightenment experience and I don't usually think about death. But if i got diagnosed with terminal cancer tomorrow I'd be terrified and I wouldn't want to die out of fear. How do others on here feel if you were given only a few days to live?

I was terrified of death before and I'm still pretty scared, but now that I've been meditating for a good bit it just feels like I don't really care about much anymore...even death. Of course I still care, but...nowhere near as much. 

I've found that if you don't think about anything...life gets a lot easier, and it actually flows way better to. And it's so ironic, here I am putting as little effort into thinking as possible (when I can) and I'm getting brilliant jobs, better grades...and the people who stress themselves out the most have to fight tooth and nail for every inch of ground they take. But anyway, death. Feels scary, not too bad. Fuck that tho, I'm going for that juicy eternal life <3 ohhhh yesssss sirrrrrrrr. I Wana taste that divine well of everlasting life and gain all knowledge. Ohh boy oh boy, it's like a double cheese burger with large coke after not eating all day. I WANT IT SO BAD ?

I wasn't thinking about it until now so thanks LOL xD

Sad as it is, when I've been at my worst mentally I used to think to myself "God, give me the cancer and not someone else" so I could be dying and it wouldn't be my fault (i.e. not suicide) - I don't mean to sound flippant to cancer sufferers, my mother died a horrible death with lung cancer but these are intrusive thoughts I kept having that cancer would be a way out without the shame on my family of a suicide

Since life has got better, I don't think like this.

I've always been baffled how the anxious mind works, as you probably know I have a history of anxiety disorder but have never really worried about dying and it's never kept me up at night. A million trivial things has caused me to worry myself into insomnia, but not dying. Always found that strange.

More people probably spend their days, weeks, and years in a state of panic about losing their job or their wife cheating on them, or their neighbour trimming the hedge excessively, but they don't give a second thought to the fact they are soon to be dead in the grand scheme of things xD

I mean we are all literally dying physically. 120 years from now, all the 7 billion odd people that are here now will be 6 feet under or cremated. That's weird to think.

Just think in 120 years no one will be alive that's alive now (probably). 

1 minute ago, Bill W said:

I've always been baffled how the anxious mind works, as you probably know I have a history of anxiety disorder but have never really worried about dying and it's never kept me up at night. A million trivial things has caused me to worry myself into insomnia, but not dying. Always found that strange

I have a hunch that if your anxiety led you to think about death 24/7 you wouldn't have an anxiety disorder for long lol. Death is a powerful motivator.

I'm similar. I have had times in my life where i was very anxious over trivial things. But never much anxiety around death. 

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I have a hunch that if your anxiety led you to think about death 24/7 you wouldn't have an anxiety disorder for long lol. Death is a powerful motivator.

I'm similar. I have had times in my life where i was very anxious over trivial things. But never much anxiety around death. 

Now this could get me shot down in flames here, so don't shoot the messengers ladies, but I am sure I read something once along the lines that to a degree, women forget or blank out how painful their previous labour was, otherwise no woman would ever have more than one child. I was wondering if that works with the fear of death, that maybe we have been wired to not worry 24/7 about it, because if we did, nothing would get achieved and the world would be an even bigger mental hospital than it already is xD 

Why you'd want to know how my ego-mind feel about physical death? Of course ego-mind designed in a way that you ignore this phenomenon in your entire life and not letting you investigate on it and tell you that it's the most scary thing that could happen to you, what if "you" cannot actually die even after your body died?

Edited by m0hsen

@Raptorsin7 The thought of death comes up everyday for me. The thought is a wanting to die and letting go completely, to finally have eternal peace. It's not believed in in anyway so no fear or resistance to it arises.

Perhaps going into that dream and experience it fully is the way to go?

Edited by WelcometoReality

@Nahm What kind of beliefs are necessary? And do you still hold those beliefs?

@WelcometoReality I'm not ready yet. I still need to work on basic self development before i go beyond into higher levels. There's still worldly stuff I want to do before I go deliberately try to awaken myself. If it happens on the path then so be it. But I think there are risks to going straight to the top and I'm not going to force myself down that path. 

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@WelcometoReality

The belief that you are a human being.

The belief that you are alive.

The belief that you have been born.

xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@WelcometoReality I'm not ready yet. I still need to work on basic self development before i go beyond into higher levels. There's still worldly stuff I want to do before I go deliberately try to awaken myself. If it happens on the path then so be it. But I think there are risks to going straight to the top and I'm not going to force myself down that path. 

With respect to what you said there it’s best if I decline to answer. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I know death is inevitable i just want to do some things first before it occurs

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

20 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What do the people on the forum think of their own eventual death? Higher consciousness individuals usually talk about experiencing physical death which leads to a realization of the truth or god. I wonder if you've had that experience of ego death do you have any fear of your eventual physical/real death?

I've never had an enlightenment experience and I don't usually think about death. But if i got diagnosed with terminal cancer tomorrow I'd be terrified and I wouldn't want to die out of fear. How do others on here feel if you were given only a few days to live?

@Raptorsin7 I have no fear of "death" of the physical body. Actually, it fascinates me. I am excited to see whats on the other side. Ive had enough paranormal experiences that I know I am not my body. Ive traveled on the astral realm and am looking forward to not being limited by a physical body.

"How Do You Feel About Death"

@Raptorsin7 , there is no such thing as death.  To believe in death is to be fixated on, identified with, and attached to form.

I created a short video a while ago about "Nonduality and death. What is death for a jnani?" - https://youtu.be/MNb4qijqHJE

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

1 hour ago, eputkonen said:

"How Do You Feel About Death"

@Raptorsin7 , there is no such thing as death.  To believe in death is to be fixated on, identified with, and attached to form.

I created a short video a while ago about "Nonduality and death. What is death for a jnani?" - https://youtu.be/MNb4qijqHJE

@eputkonen There's no such thing as your "keyboard" and yet you type on it even though it is imaginary. Why is that? ;)

The reality of non-duality does not mean that duality does not exist. They paradoxically exist at the same time and to deny that is unhelpful. 

There may be no such thing as death from a non-dual perspective and yet people that have near death experiences are profoundly and permanently changed from there "not-real" death.

There is no such thing as the "self" and yet the Atman continues to be refined AFTER enlightenment. What is this non-existent "thing" that continues to be refined?

For every birth, there is a death. Every death is followed by a birth into something else. Nothing dies as in it comes to an end - there is only change.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 , that's just it...duality does not exist.  Duality is a figment of imagination.  I talk about this in another video - https://youtu.be/e0op1RsrveQ

A keyboard is a temporary form...death however is totally an imagined concept to indicate the "end" of a specific form.  "Birth" is also a totally imagined concept to indicate the "beginning" of a specific form.  However, everything that makes up that form existed prior its "birth" and continues to exist after its "death".  Nothing is gained or lost...only transforms.  It is like the conservation of energy.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

We are cosmic surfers catching a wave called "life".