Vaishnavi

China's digital dictatorship

23 posts in this topic

(posting from my facebook post here; this is imp)

I remember watching Black mirror a few days ago and this one particular episode called Nosedive freaked me out given how the dystopian setting of the episode was a kick in the crotch of Authenticity.
Coming across the fact that it IS becoming a literal reality in one part of the world gives me chills. Overwhelmed is a small word.

Take a moment to learn about China's attempt to move towards Digital dictatorship.
They're planning a more "safe" and "stable" society by digitally monitoring their citizens, 24x7!

Imagine every move of yours being tracked. What you eat, people you meet, choices you make in the supermarket, your thoughts, every detail of personal and professional life being scrutinised and at government's disposal. Big Brother much?
But obviously that's not it.

They'd assign you RATINGS! or what they call as "social credits" dictating your position in the social hierarchy which would directly govern your objective life, everything from whether you get access to a particular government job to people you're allowed to marry.

The ratings and social credits will be THE NEW currency, the new face of Yuan (and won't be a surprise if it becomes the new dollar and the new rupee soon.)

Wanna know what that would look and feel like? Check out Black mirror's Nosedive where this man is not allowed to move into his office because of his low ratings or this other person whose electricity is cut off because he's a 3.1 or the protagonist who would not get an emergency flight ticket because she has to be at least a 4.2 (and she's a 4.1)

Oh and in case of China as of now, if the government thinks that a particular action/thought/word (say a different political ideology) is "offensive" your social rankings will be affected which will in turn affect all the other areas of your personal life (including how much you have to pay for the public loo)

Read this- 

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-18/china-social-credit-a-model-citizen-in-a-digital-dictatorship/10200278?pfmredir=sm&sf197878142=1&smid=Page%3A+ABC+Australia-Facebook_Organic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&fbclid=IwAR1NR1ZL2UhIp7Emr3N4ZkETR9Q7OXGmzOaJZ9rVeGiuOvRG0Of4b0S2R9A

Edited by Vaishnavi

They seem to be fucking up or fucking around. It seems they are going to enforce totally unnecessary artificial scarcity in the form of social credit ratings. I was never a fan of micromanagement which stems from artificial scarcity mindset.

I wonder whether their new social credits can stop commercial stores that disrupt nearby citizens' sleep cycles by playing speakers loudly at night.

Edited by CreamCat

It's not really a social hierarchy, but a permanent caste system. All they seemingly have to do is copy Western technology... and bribe their way to permanent overlord status... with the kind of money Chinese oligarchs have.

If you're part of an Atheist society and an atheist, why wouldn't you? It would be foolish not to sell the bulk of mankind down the drain. 

Chinese political leadership are devils.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

But why is China becoming more popular for living in between foreigners?

On 11/3/2019 at 0:24 AM, Marks199 said:

Money, opportunity.

@Vaishnavi it's a damn spooky direction, and it's not just China, although they are probably leading the way.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I don't know if what I heard is totally true, but I heard that China has an increase of gays (and maybe LGBTs) born there, more than anywhere else in the world. Yes, they are 'in the closet.' I'm saying many of them, not all of them. I do agree that many in China are stuck in stage blue. I wonder what if gays were born in families who are politically affiliated? That does impact the thinking of individuals within the family. Looks like "nature" (God) does not want things to be homogeneous. You can't learn without the diversity and lessons. So, you (God) don't want to see yourself being destroyed by your own ego. You planned it out already in advance. :) They don't allow gay marriages in the mainland, of course. Taiwan is going in a different direction. Imagine being in a stuck stage blue family, and preferring sons over daughters, and having gay sons.

What China is doing for this topic is not unusual to me. I heard they're doing worse. It makes me wonder if the rest of the world are doing the same thing, including first world countries. I'm guessing, probably. Big Brother. 1984.

On 03/11/2019 at 0:54 PM, Marks199 said:

is it? hun. there's not always one factor.

On 04/11/2019 at 11:59 PM, Key Elements said:

orwell was ahead of his time, don't you think?

@outlandish ready with the popcorn, I am. sorry i don't mean to sound like a sadist but it's so tragic and i feel like a helpless maniac 

Edited by Vaishnavi

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

https://imgur.com/gallery/pdCsSOQ

Here's a good link that explains much of the behaviour of the current Chinese regime. Obviously its a very broad overview so it cant account for everything, but it does highlight a lot of the current trends we're seeing going on in there.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack Just don't fall into the trap of thinking that China is your enemy.

All enemies are projections of one's ego-mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

a good prefiguration of this is described in The Reign of Quantity by René Guénon and in Huxley's Brave New World ...

This techno-dictatorship trend based on conformism and blind submission to authority is actually quite frightening and saying so is not necessarily a projection but rather a healthy expression/uprising of that which in consciousness cannot be controlled, measured or restrained by any sort of mean.

@Leo Gura I would like you to develop a little bit longer  on this "social credit system" ...

On 30/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, Vaishnavi said:

(posting from my facebook post here; this is imp)

I remember watching Black mirror a few days ago and this one particular episode called Nosedive freaked me out given how the dystopian setting of the episode was a kick in the crotch of Authenticity.
Coming across the fact that it IS becoming a literal reality in one part of the world gives me chills. Overwhelmed is a small word.

The worse - the better. The bigger it'll explode and back fire their own politicians themselves. This will be a good lesson for them. Ahhhhhaaaaaa.

When i saw the muslim concentration camp shit and them building artificial islands to build military bases at international waters it became evident to me that a war between China and the USA is inevitable.

The dystopia makes it so much more evil and scary. What's even more scary is that the whole world is moving towards the dystopia direction, hell we might be there already without even noticing. Snowden made it clear that they are watching and that they are listening...

what is scary here is that this digital control system could be implement anywhere in the world ... China used it first because of its highly conformist, rigid  and hierarchical, SD blue, authoritarian bureaucracy and social model . In such cultural environment mass-scale social engineering is just the way things go, but be sure that around the globe technocrats are studying how to adapt and apply this model elsewhere. Just read "The Reign of Quantity" ...

On 11/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, Vaishnavi said:

orwell was ahead of his time, don't you think?

Yes, great book.

Chinese people are not educated the same way we are in america and welcome infringement on their freedoms for the most part.

Also they operate as hive mind, my theory is that it's due to having low levels of genetic diversity in the Han Chinese population, i.e their whole population may have been descended from a very small group of perhaps 150 or so individuals. 

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell