Light Lover

What time do you wake up in the morning?

22 posts in this topic

A question that has no doubt been asked on here one time or another but has never gotten that much reception. So I ask all of you, what time do you wake up in the morning, and how much sleep do you get at night? Are you able to sleep in the day, or can you only sleep properly in the night such as myself?

All you need to know about sleep:

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

I'm currently working on getting up at 7am every morning. I don't set a bed time, but i am up at 7 regardless. Thus far, it has been pivotal for me getting things done, including a proper morning routine.

I don't nap during the day. If i do, its a sign that something isn't quite right. When i have had mild depressive spells i have found myself napping around mid afternoon. 

5:30am every day. Get to bed by 9:30 everyday. *Almost always

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 10/12/2019 at 0:45 AM, studentofthegame said:

I don't nap during the day. If i do, its a sign that something isn't quite right. When i have had mild depressive spells i have found myself napping around mid afternoon. 

I find that napping or sleeping in triggers really notable depression for me... sometimes it's necessary when ill or something, but if I "just decide to sleep in" (which, for me, means about 7 am when my kids wake up), I wake with a heavy, horrible, cloudy depression. Same if I take a nap without being ill.

@Light Lover I like this topic, but I got a question for you :)  

@Light Lover Why do you want to know what time people wake up? What are your current beliefs around waking up early?

Personally I wake up at 6:00am. Why? Because thats the latest I can sleep in and still get a workout + shower before I have to get to work on time at 8:30. :) 

usually go to bed 3-4am and wake up 12 noon depending on work and... life :ph34r:

4 am to sleep, 2 pm waking up, and it has become a bad habit... Oh boy. 

On school days I go to bed around 09:50 PM (but fall asleep between 10:00 PM and 10:30 PM) and wake up always on 06:35 AM. 

Weekends I sleep around 11-12 PM and wake up around 09:00 AM. 

I go to sleep at 8pm and wake up at 4am on my best days, and almost never use an alarm :) I don't do anything productive in the evenings anyway and in the mornings I don't feel sleepy usually, so I can meditate.

I don't wake up in the morning these days.

That should say enough.

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

Due to my job, most days I wake up at 2:45 am. I’m usually in bed by 6-7pm. Although I get the advised 7-9hours of sleep a night, I still notice a detrimental effect on my health due to this abnormal sleep/wake cycle. 

A more appropriate sleep/wake cycle would be closer to our natural circadian rhythm which is set to the rise and setting of the sun. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

2 hours ago, King Merk said:

I still notice a detrimental effect on my health due to this abnormal sleep/wake cycle. 

As a member of the fucked up sleep schedule club, what kind of detrimental health effects do you notice?

In bed at 7:30, wake at 2:45
It feels amazing to have 8 hours of life-purpose work before wage slavery, the bastards wont get my best energy!
Nothing good happens after 7p anyway, who needs alcohol "the most dangerous drug" or partying which is basically wasting time surrounded by underdeveloped people.
But I'm being judgmental, so who am I to talk about development xD

Edited by mikelyons
God made a typo

So that's why I feel depressed all the time ? having the need to sleep in during the day  (especially after a meditation/contemplation) having a hard time waking up in the morning and not having a routine resisting to do work and not completing anything and doing it on time when I study. Gotta cut the bullshit and unnecessary suffering. Inspiring posts to strive forward to a morning - evening routine. I fall asleep 3-4 am but piss off everyone until I get up till 10 30 am and actually start doing something an hour and a half after that - this not routine slept in heavily the whole day during the last couple of days because of succumbing  to depression, pleasure and distractions. 

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

@Knock I wake up at 8 usually for work. But otherwise if I have a day off of work go to sleep at 11 and wake up at 9. I am a deep sleeper and enjoy it and feel that that 9-10 hours of non-interrupted sleep means I don't need to rest for the rest of the day. @universe @Igor82 @Ampresus @Anastas Sia @Skanzi @King Merk @mikelyons @Milos Uzelac Thankyou all very much for your responses, it is very helpful to see other people's sleeping habits, and all of you are different I see.

alarm set everyday @ 6am, in case of an appointment, however being retired … I go back to sweet dreams usually aaahh.