Peo

Arent psychedelics a bit too good to be true?

35 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Things are not pre-determined. You as God play a crucial role in how things get determined going forward.

You are NOT a passive observer of reality. You are The Creator.

What do you want to create? << that's the crucial question.

If you decide to live in your Mom's basement and eat Cheetos all day, that's what you've chosen to create whether you realize it or not. Don't squander your creative capacity.

Would be amazing to have another episode on a free will. :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

The illusion of free will exists for sure!! Just like a ball getting bounced off the walls. After a while it thinks it is jumping from wall to wall!  Similarly, when in decision-making regions of the brain some decision is made, it gives us the illusion of the imaginary "self" doing it. But in reality, that little "decision" that you made is simply a confluence of the state of the nervous system in that moment interacting with the environment in that moment which leads to an electrochemical reaction and BAM........

YOU NOW DECIDE TO GET UP and GO TO THE GYM !!!!   

Now back up a little bit........... Now let's say the above person just moments before "deciding" on going to the gym hears a bad news from a friend which throws him into an absolute funk.... ALL of a sudden the mental state is not the same anymore !! He ends up " deciding" to take out a pack of cigarettes and start smoking!!! and from there on he is on a totally different life path and possibilities than the path of above scenario....... !!  

Granted, the above example is extremely simplified. However, a more elaborate cause and effect picture captures the point that we as humans don't have as much agency that our egos want us to believe. Even I, knowing all this,  get depressed thinking about it, even though on some level it is quite liberating. :)

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you want to create?

I wanted to be a scientist and create powrfull tools to strengthen human survival. I wanted human to live more then just 100 years, maybe 500 years is a good age to die at, but i think this just develiry and i would just destroy the whole world. I would just ruin naturs balance. 

I dont know what i want create.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you want to create? << that's the crucial question.

If you decide to live in your Mom's basement and eat Cheetos all day, that's what you've chosen to create whether you realize it or not. Don't squander your creative capacity.

Perhaps a new flavour of Cheetos?

@Leo Gura -in all seriousness, your disparaging use of Cheetos is utterly inspired, and conjures up a mental image which is poetically apt, tragic and yet hilarious simultaneously. Well done Sir-  I salute you!

@Peo the catch is you die. You undergo such a radical transformation you have no idea how to integrate it. You'll be convinced you've gone crazy. You can no longer relate to friends and family. And best case scenario, it will still take years of struggle to clean up your life and take the call to the hero's journey, if you ever do. So no, it's still a brutally difficult path. Source: my own direct experience. Yes all I took were psychedelics for a couple years and I'm awake as fuck (relatively, I'm still in my early journey), but it was a hellish nightmare for a long time. Only recently have I started seeing fruits from it. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

7 hours ago, Peo said:

I wanted to be a scientist and create powrfull tools to strengthen human survival. I wanted human to live more then just 100 years, maybe 500 years is a good age to die at, but i think this just develiry and i would just destroy the whole world. I would just ruin naturs balance. 

I dont know what i want create.

It is going there anyway. Once we get rid of the physical body and find out how to transfer consciousness between the physical objects, we are going to live quite long :D.  

3 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Yes all I took were psychedelics for a couple years and I'm awake as fuck (relatively, I'm still in my early journey), but it was a hellish nightmare for a long time. Only recently have I started seeing fruits from it. 

Any tips for others who are not as far in their journey to skip this hellish nightmare part (maybe also called dark night of the soul) in the beginning? How did you come over it? Through psychedelics again? 

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

Any tips for others who are not as far in their journey to skip this hellish nightmare part (maybe also called dark night of the soul) in the beginning? How did you come over it? Through psychedelics again? 

Yes, some of my suffering could have been avoided. And I'm continuing to suffer because of past decisions and karmic patterns. It's unavoidable for me now, but I'd like to give you some advice so you may steer clear of some big and obvious (only in hindsight) traps. Please save this and refer to it. You will forget. Your ego will constantly try to pull you down. 

1. Get fucking serious about your health. This is only something I've recently started to prioritize, and let me tell you, doing a bunch of psychedelics while living an unhealthy lifestyle is pure hell. Read "Game Changers" by Dave Asprey, take notes and start living it. Clean up your diet. Eat consciously with gratitude. Learn to sleep like a boss. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Heavily research nootropics and start taking some smartly (Leo also has a nootropics video). Incorporate movement into your daily life, don't sit too long. Start daily meditation. Make a short list of "non-negotiables" you MUST do every day and reward yourself for staying on track. Do not set up negative incentives. Cold showers. I like to start hot for cleanliness and opening pores, do all the washing, then end on 1-2 minutes of COLD on face and chest. 

2. Practice conscious awareness at all times. You will go unconscious dozens of times throughout your day, but when you remember, keep awareness on your machine (ego, yes you are a machine like me). Wear a wristband so every time you see it, you're reminded to be conscious. Over time, this will have remarkable benefits. Do not judge. Do not criticize. Compassion for others. Just observe and be present. "Be like water." Go with the flow. When you get angry or agitated, use that as a trigger to be hyper conscious. Question why you're doing that, and practice letting go. (This is basically Leo's recent video called letting go). When you practice awareness everywhere, try to see how mystical this experience is. If you get good at this, it'll be like you're on a microdose of LSD when you want to. In my experience, colors will slightly brighten and I'll feel happier and even laugh. 

3. Life purpose. After coming out the other side of the hellish nightmare (often after deep trips), everything will lose meaning. This is inevitable, also known as the dark night of the soul. I've experienced several. What I understand now is that these can be alleviated or even stopped if you work on your life purpose or are working to identify it. This is because EVERYTHING you once took comfort in has been stripped of absolute meaning. You'll understand that material possessions, and even other people, will never bring you fulfillment. If you're not working on something greater than yourself, your calling, you will feel miserably empty, thus prolonging the Dark Knight (hehe). 

4. You're not going crazy. Yes, if you're reading this after an awakening, you're just fine. It's a sign of growth because your ego is fighting these new realizations. If you're able to look at yourself from a bird's eye view, you made a giant step in your journey. Crazy is a relative term that only close-minded, unconscious people use. 

5. Essential practices: Journal. Contemplate questions with a journal. Use Microsoft OneNote to keep a commonplace book (watch Leo's episode on that). Affirmations. Read + audiobook. Listen to Jim Quik podcasts (Quik Brain podcast on Spotify or iTunes podcast app) starting from episode 1 (they build off eachother). Zoom out OFTEN!! It's so easy to get stuck in your head and your little problems. Visualize where you want to be in a month, then a year, then 5 years. 

6. Psychedelics. If you want the most out of your trips, do these things. Leo talks about this stuff, but these are tips I've personally verified. Each trip requires prep. Gather a few important questions with a theme, and set an intention for the trip. You should already have a good diet, but especially the day before the trip, eat only plant based food. Fast 4+ hours before dosing. Chill music during come up, no distractions, and smile and feel love as best you can. The come up sets the tone, it's extremely underrated. On plant psychs, you can literally ask "it" direct questions and receive answers you never thought possible. Be conscious of your anxiety and resistance and let go. Let go. Let go. DO NOT take more than 300ug LSD ever (even less if you're smaller). You're not missing anything. (Nearly all my nightmare trips came from over 300ug. That's the magic number for me personally. Plant psychs are psychologically safer in high doses). 

7. Love. Spoiler alert, your only purpose is to Love. That's it. If you are wise and you listen, your search for the meaning of life is over. Congratulations! Your life purpose is how you give your love to the world. Align your life in all areas to Love. "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray." -Rumi

Good luck my friend. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 8.10.2019 at 5:07 PM, outlandish said:

And when the psychedelic effects have dissipated and you find yourself back in your mundane shoes, it's up to you what you do with that.

Yeah, that's the catch I think author of the topic been asking about. I think that is when things get hard.
The question is, what if drugs just makes us delusional and fucked up? But in the same time believing in us being right?

Edited by wesyasz

1 hour ago, wesyasz said:

The question is, what if drugs just makes us delusional and fucked up?

And what if not doing drugs makes us delusional and fucked up?

Be careful assuming the default position as truthful or healthy. That is not a safe assumption.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, wesyasz said:

Yeah, that's the catch I think author of the topic been asking about. I think that is when things get hard.
The question is, what if drugs just makes us delusional and fucked up? But in the same time believing in us being right?

What if, what if, what if. The thing is, drugs wear off, and then you're back to baseline. At that point you have the privilege of being able to look at your trip, look at your life, figure out what you want to change, if anything at all. You can asses whats delusional about your default mode, what was delusional about your trip. You might be surprised to realize how much was fucked up about your previous "normal" life. 

For example, when you trip on psychedelics, one common insight for beginners is to notice how little attention we pay to the people around us, and how self-centred we are. That might be something you already know intellectually, but when you trip it can become extremely poignant, you observe it deeply and first hand. So you come out of that trip with this deep realization of how damn self-centred we normally are. Were you deluded and fucked up more before, or after that insight?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And what if not doing drugs makes us delusional and fucked up?

Be careful assuming the default position as truthful or healthy. That is not a safe assumption.

;)

Yes, but in the same time it very easily turns into addiction like any other. We want more knowledge, we take more psychedelics. Just for sake of having more knowledge. Which is imaginary ;).