Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

@Matt8800

Could you give us some tips on using psychedelics such as shrooms and lsd?

What are some of the protocols you take when tripping?

How do you set intentions?

Do you perform any cleansing rituals beforehand, and must you stay within that space throughout the trip like some shamans claim?

Also, are there any occult practices in the days before tripping to prepare+after for integration?

@The Blind Sage Here is my technique I do often - 

Its crazy powerful. Have some fun experimenting with it but it will definitely open some spiritual doors.

On 2019-08-21 at 1:12 AM, Matt8800 said:

Sometimes traumatic experiences create dark entities that attach to us. I know a guy that was raped as a child that this happened to. 

Did some contemplating. 

I was born through Caesarean delivery and got my neck damaged. Now I have expressive dysphasia or a damage in my right brain due to Caesarean section. Appeareantly the birth process caused a lot of pain for me and my mother, she lost lot of blood and almost died. And I think the entity attached somewhere at that time, to feed of the pain. My core vasana is from this experience. My whole personality is built around avoiding this pain. But gradually I will face the pain and become free.

Also will try that the method you advised, still not ready for it. :)

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

7 hours ago, herghly said:

Can you share a link to watch?

Here is a short one I found. All the gurus compete and try to outdo each other in who looks more impressive to attract devotees. They come in chariots, have a bunch of devotees marching in formation in front of them with banners, etc. If they put their tents next to each other, sometimes arguments and fights break out among the gurus over the devotees.

For being supposedly enlightened gurus, it sure stinks of ego to me. This manipulation and guru worship is a problem in Indian spirituality imo. For some reason westerners are  vulnerable to this. They seem compelled to find someones ass to kiss so they can grovel like a worm.

Edited by Matt8800

3 minutes ago, Wlangr said:

Did some contemplating. 

I was born through Caesarean delivery and got my neck damaged. Now I have expressive dysphasia or a damage in my right brain due to Caesarean section. Appeareantly the birth process caused a lot of pain for me and my mother, she lost lot of blood and almost died. And I think the entity attached somewhere at that time, to feed of the pain. My core vasana is from this experience. My whole personality is built around avoiding this pain. But gradually I will face the pain and become free.

Also will try that the method you advised, still not ready for it. :)

@Wlangr Allow yourself to fully feel the pain and fear. Embrace it and accept it. Keep doing this. Once you have accepted it, you can release it. This is counter-intuitive because we usually want to avoid pain and fear. It cant be released until it is accepted though. Once it is accepted, there is nothing for the entity to feed on.

Its a process and takes time. You can do it :)

Leo does a good video on releasing negative emotions. I would suggest reviewing that video as it is the same concept.

1 hour ago, Ero said:

@Matt8800 I've personally experienced some very interesting altered states of consciousness with various types of music and chants. What is your knowledge of the significance of melodies and rhythms ? I'm sure they play a role in the Occult.

Additionally I wanted to get your opinion on a conjecture/ intuition of mine regarding this. It comes from knowing/ understanding 3 things:

1.You described that with acute/focused perceptions one can reach different dimensions whilst on psychedelics.

2.When I apply that perception (acute focus) whilst listening to music sober, I induce those previously mentioned altered states of consciousness - like touching the emotional/energetic source of that music where it resonates.

3.People who have experimented with very high doses of mushrooms (15g+) like Kilindi Iyi and Moudou Baqui report that by focusing on a shape/ geometric pattern [on the come up of such a dose]  like a Buddhist Mandala or a Persian Carpet they get blasted to the dimensions "within the pattern". They describe the patterns like a miniscule representation of those dimensions. 

So from those things followed an intuition/ realization that rather than geometric patterns, this should be also possible with music. Do you have experience with that and how does that sound to you ?

Intuitively I see a connection between this focused perception and every single altered state of consciousness. The reason I suspect that is because of several things:

- My first nondual Awakenings (before psychs) was because I applied rigorously that acute perception to my self-inquiry : I saw through every answer that my mind gave me (cause it couldn't satisfy me, I wanted to actually experience it) until I reached a nondual state.

- A few days back my second trip (shrooms), which was a universe of its own, showed me during the come up that I have to come back every time with more Love and Drive towards the truth (because it is essentially the source of that acute perception). And this time I had this in me, so this trip was in the ranges of a high-dose experience (even though it was a 2.5g one). The relation between the acuity of one's perception and the different states one can experience is brought up by people like you, Leo Gura, Saddhguru and others.

This perception seems to be what gives the drive and direction of every inquiry, spiritual or scientific. What is your metaphysical/ symbolic understanding of it?

@Ero What Ive found is that there are many levels and "flavors" of conscious states. It goes far beyond just low vibration and high vibration. If music is from vibration, think of high vibrational states that can play many different songs for different purposes.

Another thing I have notices is when you get to these states by combining psychedelics and concentration and then resting in these states, you can start reaching some of these states completely sober. The way I think of it is our consciousness learns how to quickly resonate with that vibration we are trying to reach with practice. I like to reach those high vibrational states and rest there.

@Matt8800 First I want you thank you for all the authentic energy to you put into this thread towards helping people on their path of growth! Its always beautiful to see the rising tide raising all boats. I just read your reply to Mulky about being unbalanced in the dynamic of power/love from previous lives with intention for this life to work towards equanimity. I don't know how it resonates with Mulky but it sparked some realization for me of a similar story but of the inverse. Wither or not such a story are literal I think is besides the point its better to see if its useful and in my cause it seems to be as its extremely inter sectional with the themes of my life.

It would fit perfectly with me that in previous lives I developed a lot of power but was unbalanced with love and the theme of this life seems to be surrender and awakening and deepinging of love. When I was a child I instinctually  saw right through the lower orders of power most people seek (power by authority, power over other via control through systems, confusion, and fear, power through amassed external resources) but I saw through them in a odd way I could never put my finger on like was already intimately acquainted with them and knew them to be hollow.  I just had a knowing that personal and internal power was where it was at. As I explored that path everything eastern felt VERY familiar as i learned it felt more like remembering. When I stumbled across information on siddihis/ yoga & occult again It felt very familiar but very different then how i felt about the lower order power, I knew they were a whole different beast. I had a familiar attraction to them but it was accompanied by a deep knowing that wasn't going to satisfy the ravenous unreasonable hunger I had. I dabbled in them a bit but that deep knowing that the JUICE wasn't there always divided my focus and would eventually pull me in other directions, but  the pull never disappeared just kinda had a sense of not the right time.

Then psychedelics entered my life and I had my first experience of unconditional universal love. It hooked me so deep like Id been wandering in the desert for millennium and just drank water for the first time, there was a unreasonable madness that entered me and  for the first time possibly in my existence I wanted to be the servant. And that Is consistent as my life theme, all my resolved problems and openings come from balancing the scales of power to love. When i became aware of this became very focused on love  becoming more and more single pointed over the past 4 or 5 years and many aspects of my life have changed radically as a result. But the universe is has been telling me its time now bring back in that other half, and honestly I'm simultaneously a little excited but very nervous. It's only truly desirable if it aids my personal access to love  and aids my ability to manifest love into being and spread it and I'm terrified of those sneaky parts of myself that might co-opt the situation and cause detours and suffering. But the universe is getting more persistent that its time so I ordered the books you recommended along with the tantric one.  So matt what does your intuition say about all this? You feel its likely im in Mulky's situation just inversed and you have and tips or advice keep balance  and deepen surrender(this will be paramount for me I feel). Also how difficult is it to access your spirit guide? I feel like having a detached outside observer around to tell me when I should hit the brakes and focus on Bhakti would ease my nerves alot, I have a sense that if put the rubber to the road here things are going to start moving rather quickly. Also if its helpful info im pretty certain I fall overwhelmingly into the mystic camp and nearly no clairvoyance.   

19 minutes ago, enderx7 said:

Then psychedelics entered my life and I had my first experience of unconditional universal love. It hooked me so deep like Id been wandering in the desert for millennium and just drank water for the first time, there was a unreasonable madness that entered me and  for the first time possibly in my existence I wanted to be the servant. And that Is consistent as my life theme, all my resolved problems and openings come from balancing the scales of power to love. When i became aware of this became very focused on love  becoming more and more single pointed over the past 4 or 5 years and many aspects of my life have changed radically as a result. But the universe is has been telling me its time now bring back in that other half, and honestly I'm simultaneously a little excited but very nervous. It's only truly desirable if it aids my personal access to love  and aids my ability to manifest love into being and spread it and I'm terrified of those sneaky parts of myself that might co-opt the situation and cause detours and suffering. But the universe is getting more persistent that its time so I ordered the books you recommended along with the tantric one.  So matt what does your intuition say about all this? You feel its likely im in Mulky's situation just inversed and you have and tips or advice keep balance  and deepen surrender(this will be paramount for me I feel). Also how difficult is it to access your spirit guide? I feel like having a detached outside observer around to tell me when I should hit the brakes and focus on Bhakti would ease my nerves alot, I have a sense that if put the rubber to the road here things are going to start moving rather quickly. Also if its helpful info im pretty certain I fall overwhelmingly into the mystic camp and nearly no clairvoyance.   

@enderx7 One of the most important things you said was mentioning being a servant. What would it look like to be a powerful and loving god/king while simultaneously being a servant to others to lift them up and encourage them on their path for their highest good? This world desperately needs more of that. Help the powerful find love. Help the loving find power.

If you feel any fear, incorporate the practice I put up of summoning and building inner power. Use that power to exercise courage and ignore any fears.

Study the yoga sutras like I mentioned. If you do that, you will master your ego. If you master your ego, you will know what to do and it will be the right thing. When you master the ego (or dissolve with concentration meditation) it opens a space for your spirit guide to communicate to you. If you ask for guidance, your request will not be ignored but it will not shout over the noise of the ego.

Watch your self-talk. Know that you are raising yourself. How would you talk to your son when he falls short? You wouldnt put him down or make him feel bad. You would lift him up and encourage him. That is how you should talk to yourself.

Embrace love

Embrace power

Embrace service to others

Refuse to let fear hold you back on your path of evolution. Feel it to the bottom of your soul that you will not be stopped. Press forward on your path of evolution like you have no time to waste.

Edited by Matt8800

Imagine what would happen if Michael Jackson knew how he could project his astral body into the room of another little boys room.

Some techniques are better kept secret. 

2 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Imagine what would happen if Michael Jackson knew how he could project his astral body into the room of another little boys room.

Some techniques are better kept secret. 

While that sounds like it is kind of funny, stuff like that actually is a thing imo

Luckily, usually people with those gifts are typically more spiritually advanced than the average person. Otherwise, every creepy man out there would be hanging out in women's bedrooms. It probably does happen occasionally though.

14 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@enderx7 One of the most important things you said was mentioning being a servant. What would it look like to be a powerful and loving god/king while simultaneously being a servant to others to lift them up and encourage them on their path for their highest good? This world desperately needs more of that. Help the powerful find love. Help the loving find power.

Wow that was awesome, Gets me fired up! I wholeheartedly agree

If you feel any fear, incorporate the practice I put up of summoning and building inner power. Use that power to exercise courage and ignore any fears.

Refuse to let fear hold you back on your path of evolution. Feel it to the bottom of your soul that you will not be stopped. Press forward on your path of evolution like you have no time to waste.

I guess this is where my hangup. That bottom of the soul feeling that you will not be stopped, I was born with that, it comes very naturally. I actually did try that inner power partice  yesterday and it was also very natural almost effortless, quite a powerful technique too so thanks for that,  I ended up getting swept up in it and started roaring like a lion think I freaked my neighbors haha. The hangup is I have always known I can summon up tremendous power  and unbalanced wielding of it has been one of my major sources of pain and suffering the other being enforced servitude in the form of addictions. These two dynamics form a cycle I generate power wield it poorly then retreat to addictions going dormant for a time until the lion awakes and wants to stretch and rinse and repeat. The only key out of that endless maze was surrender and love. But my old patterns arent gone, they just had the volume turned way down, Im scarred of anything that might mess with that volume knob. So the thing that is feared here is the power itself because I know how bad it can hurt if i misstep. And I know there's some neurosis hiding in this but part of me doesnt want to let go of the fear because it reasons that it should be feared so that I will watch my step around it. Because that fear is the result of burning myself many times and that if I let it go that it will slowly creep up in the shadows and ill burn myself or someone else but this time wielding a far larger hotter fire. So the fear is trying argue that it has my best interests at heart. Maybe you can spot a easy point where that can be untangled?

29 minutes ago, enderx7 said:

Wow that was awesome, Gets me fired up! I wholeheartedly agree

I guess this is where my hangup. That bottom of the soul feeling that you will not be stopped, I was born with that, it comes very naturally. I actually did try that inner power partice  yesterday and it was also very natural almost effortless, quite a powerful technique too so thanks for that,  I ended up getting swept up in it and started roaring like a lion think I freaked my neighbors haha. The hangup is I have always known I can summon up tremendous power  and unbalanced wielding of it has been one of my major sources of pain and suffering the other being enforced servitude in the form of addictions. These two dynamics form a cycle I generate power wield it poorly then retreat to addictions going dormant for a time until the lion awakes and wants to stretch and rinse and repeat. The only key out of that endless maze was surrender and love. But my old patterns arent gone, they just had the volume turned way down, Im scarred of anything that might mess with that volume knob. So the thing that is feared here is the power itself because I know how bad it can hurt if i misstep. And I know there's some neurosis hiding in this but part of me doesnt want to let go of the fear because it reasons that it should be feared so that I will watch my step around it. Because that fear is the result of burning myself many times and that if I let it go that it will slowly creep up in the shadows and ill burn myself or someone else but this time wielding a far larger hotter fire. So the fear is trying argue that it has my best interests at heart. Maybe you can spot a easy point where that can be untangled?

@enderx7 Focus on the yoga sutras I mentioned. Make it your bible. The ego is the problem. Master the ego and all the problems become easily managed.

The suffering of the ego (and some inherent mental illnesses) can cause addictions. Mastering the ego will also allow you to increasingly master addictions. I know about this well.

58 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@enderx7 Focus on the yoga sutras I mentioned. Make it your bible. The ego is the problem. Master the ego and all the problems become easily managed.

The suffering of the ego (and some inherent mental illnesses) can cause addictions. Mastering the ego will also allow you to increasingly master addictions. I know about this well.

I went ahead and ordered the sutras too. thanks again this thread/conversation has been very helpful

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

14 minutes ago, Dimi said:

very interesting I  agree with the overall sentiment regarding things like frivolously predicting the future and other impractical things(the more you think about the implications of predicting the future the sillier it seems). But I am surprised at his stance on healing. I'm  going to guess his logic is something along the lines of; that aliment you aim to heal is simply a symptom of a underlying cause (say resentment) and if I heal that symptom it will simply find another outlet and potentially a more debilitating one. If that was the case however then the above approach would simply be a unskilled one and just how our symptom supression medical system in west is unskilled moving to a more holistic approach would solve the problem. I.E  I could heal you but that will only be temporary relieve and the problem will resurface more intensely later so your real aliment is the, lets say resentment,  suggest say this or that daily practice and putting energy towards resolving this or that toxic life circumstance and maybe then remove the physical symptom after they build some momentum that direction if you still even need to, but at least leaving them with more awareness of the situation and a path to find relief. Sure it would be a much more involved process over more time but if thats what constituted genuine healing then hey you know what your getting into but it least it could be done. Although there may be complicated cases involving heavy past life karma that just need to be what they are so I can actually see why if your laying rules for a large group of followers a blanket NO is safest.

45 minutes ago, Dimi said:

Gurus are typically pretty adamant to avoid developing the same powers as them. They need their devotees to be enamored by the GURUS powers.

Gurus encourage guru ass kissing. This is made easier by keeping their devotees weak. This is why they cry, beg and whimper at another man's feet. Thats not my style, has never been nor will ever be.

I think Sadhguru, like many self proclaimed gurus, has wisdom, has a concentrated mind and is a true mystic. I also think that, like many (not all) gurus, he is also full of shit on many things :)

@Matt8800 Thanks a lot for the detailed help :).  This makes alot of sense to me, I have had a strong sense lately that courage was the key for me and I feel you are right about strength and power for me.  I feel like this has actually helped me turn a corner here and I really do appreciate it :).    This has been an issue for a long time and I wasn't sure how I would overcome it but I feel like what you said is spot on and I have had some intuitions and understandings lately that relate to what you said, thank you so much Matt :) 

14 minutes ago, enderx7 said:

very interesting I  agree with the overall sentiment regarding things like frivolously predicting the future and other impractical things(the more you think about the implications of predicting the future the sillier it seems). But I am surprised at his stance on healing. I'm  going to guess his logic is something along the lines of; that aliment you aim to heal is simply a symptom of a underlying cause (say resentment) and if I heal that symptom it will simply find another outlet and potentially a more debilitating one. If that was the case however then the above approach would simply be a unskilled one and just how our symptom supression medical system in west is unskilled moving to a more holistic approach would solve the problem. I.E  I could heal you but that will only be temporary relieve and the problem will resurface more intensely later so your real aliment is the, lets say resentment,  suggest say this or that daily practice and putting energy towards resolving this or that toxic life circumstance and maybe then remove the physical symptom after they build some momentum that direction if you still even need to, but at least leaving them with more awareness of the situation and a path to find relief. Sure it would be a much more involved process over more time but if thats what constituted genuine healing then hey you know what your getting into but it least it could be done. Although there may be complicated cases involving heavy past life karma that just need to be what they are so I can actually see why if your laying rules for a large group of followers a blanket NO is safest.

@enderx7 Im not impressed much by Sadhguru. I bought one of his books awhile back and ended up throwing it away. I didnt want anyone to look through my library and see a book that I would never endorse in the least. He talks non-stop and many of the things he talks about, he clearly doesnt understand. Hes very talented about talking about how great he is though without any embarrassment whatsoever. He does have some wisdom and he is a natural mystic but i think he is using his talents to feed his ego. There are other wise mystics that dont act like that and are not self serving.

Self serving gurus try to keep their devotees away from their own powers. Western mysticism says the individual should be empowered, which is the path I follow. I try to help other people find their own strength and power.

He might say it doesnt matter that I used certain abilities to heal my fiance but it matters to me and her. The fact that he doesnt care about healing someone in pain says a lot imo. Im all about healing and will heal anyone I can if they ask.

Edited by Matt8800

3 minutes ago, Mulky said:

@Matt8800 Thanks a lot for the detailed help :).  This makes alot of sense to me, I have had a strong sense lately that courage was the key for me and I feel you are right about strength and power for me.  I feel like this has actually helped me turn a corner here and I really do appreciate it :).    This has been an issue for a long time and I wasn't sure how I would overcome it but I feel like what you said is spot on and I have had some intuitions and understandings lately that relate to what you said, thank you so much Matt :) 

You are so welcome and Im glad it helped. Feel free to message me any time if you have more questions.

I know you can become the powerful goddess you were meant to be. The message wasnt a coincidence. Something told me what to say. It is your destiny :)

20 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

Gurus are typically pretty adamant to avoid developing the same powers as them. They need their devotees to be enamored by the GURUS powers.

Gurus encourage guru ass kissing. This is made easier by keeping their devotees weak. This is why they cry, beg and whimper at another man's feet. Thats not my style, has never been nor will ever be.

I think Sadhguru, like many self proclaimed gurus, has wisdom, has a concentrated mind and is a true mystic. I also think that, like many (not all) gurus, he is also full of shit on many things :)

Imo, you don't understand what Sadhguru is really saying here. His point, is going after those things is a huge distraction (gratification for the ego), and this is like you said, why most people in the occult don't become liberated or reach the highest levels of consciousness. It becomes a huge ego trap. If you think he is full of shit on many things - you clearly are not there to understand it - that's just my opinion and 2 cents. (I have seen a lot of bullshit from other gurus though)

Edited by whoareyou

35 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@enderx7 Im not impressed much by Sadhguru. I bought one of his books awhile back and ended up throwing it away. I didnt want anyone to look through my library and see a book that I would never endorse in the least. He talks non-stop and many of the things he talks about, he clearly doesnt understand. Hes very talented and talking about how great he is though without any embarrassment whatsoever. 

He might say it doesnt matter that I used certain abilities to heal my fiance but it matters to me and her. The fact that he doesnt care about healing someone in pain says a lot imo. Im all about healing and will heal anyone I can if they ask.

Im agnostic  and slightly wary towards him I learned a kriya yoga pratice from him last year and it works quite well. All I can say he is legitimately powerful because their was very strong energy there, I found myself very easy able to  slip into deep meditative stats that would usually take difficultly to reach when I didnt feel like listening to what he was saying because I had heard it before many times. He does alot of good in the world and Im very thankful to him for the kriya yoga, but I also get a off sense from him I cant put my finger on and its best to be  wary around something more powerful then you that you dont understand. So I while I would recommend him to a fellow seeker I would emphasis to believe nothing disbelieve nothing not in your experience which Ironically I picked up from him haha.

But that aside the above thought process is something Ive wondered about alot when it comes to healing do you think theres anything too it? Are you sure its best to heal everything? I hate the idea of leaving someone in suffering if you can help but simultaneously its absolutely true that ive had aliments that in hindsight were exactly what they needed to be for me to learn and I may have suffered more if somebody had just healed me of it. Im actually really not sure on this point and my instinct is that its pretty complicated.  

Edit: A example just hit me from the video of that weird thing I cant put my finger on about sadhguru. He said he would neture your spirituality for a lifetime, If thats even possible wouldnt that be like 1000x worse then murder for a spirtual seeker thats a downright sadistic punishment. And yet he does tremendous good in the world, Id say get whats helpful but be wary and remain aware of his charisma, Its slightly unnatural stay away if your easily influenced

Edited by enderx7