krockerman

Did Leo grew up in a religous Home?

97 posts in this topic

@mandyjw  

On the one hand, I think that you have to cope on your own and not depend on social contacts to be content and happy. When I look at the society, I only see lonely and dissatisfied people who sacrifice everything in order to gain affirmation in order to increase their own self-esteem. But that's just distraction and does not solve the basic problem. On the other hand, it would of course be nice if you could talk to like-minded people. Ultimately, I do not want to blame anyone, because everyone is right where they need to be in their development ...

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

12 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

@mandyjw  

On the one hand, I think that you have to cope on your own and not depend on social contacts to be content and happy. When I look at the society, I only see lonely and dissatisfied people who sacrifice everything in order to gain affirmation in order to increase their own self-esteem. But that's just distraction and does not solve the basic problem. On the other hand, it would of course be nice if you could talk to like-minded people. Ultimately, I do not want to blame anyone, because everyone is right where they need to be in their development ...

Interpersonal Development is like Calculus and Personal Development is like Algebra.  You need Algebra for Calculus, but Calculus is way more advanced than Algebra is.  Interpersonal Development work, like Calculus, is really sweet when you're ready for it, but it's a horror when you're not ready for it.  You will fail your ass off in Calculus brutally and with no mercy given if you haven't mastered Algebra.  That's what people are afraid of with relationships is failing their ass off, because we've all been there many times.  But when you're prepared for Calculus, you've met all the prerequisites for Calculus -- studying Calculus is amazing!  It's a new, exciting venture.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@mandyjw if you were conscious that you were all of reality would that bring you value?

No, I never really cared for having a social life either, yet something has always felt a little bit missing. I grew up in a really rural area and always blamed it for my lack of a social life, yet I've never left. But I've had a tiny taste of what our culture's idea of a social life is like and it's not my cup of tea. If it's a choice between that and being lonely I'd much rather live here in the woods.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is how people get blocked and locked by the Mind on the Path.  The Mind can help you but it can also lock and block you into your own self-created prison, your own self-created set of limitations.  The Mind is a double-edged sword if you don't know how to put the Mind in its place.

Actually no that's still being the ego.  Once you reach a certain state of consciousness certain things become meaningless.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Actually no that's still being the ego.  Once you reach a certain state of consciousness certain things become meaningless.  

There's no one-size-fits-all Enlightenment.  There's only your Enlightenment.  And there's my Enlightenment.  And there's his Enlightenment.  And there's her Enlightenment.  The Ego-HeartBodyMind neurotically wants to make my perspective the perspective.  It gives the Ego-HeartBodyMind a feeling like it knows and a feeling of security and stability in a reality full of change that might disturb its preferences.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There's no one-side-fits-all Enlightenment.  There's only your Enlightenment.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There's no one-side-fits-all Enlightenment.

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is how people get blocked and locked by the Mind on the Path.  The Mind can help you but it can also lock and block you into your own self-created prison, your own self-created set of limitations.  The Mind is a double-edged sword if you don't know how to put the Mind in its place.

Oh the secret weapon - relativity - well done :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There's no one-size-fits-all Enlightenment.  There's only your Enlightenment.  And there's my Enlightenment.  And there's his Enlightenment.  And there's her Enlightenment.  

It's OUR enlightenment.

When you figure out how to make that work out for us, let me know. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Joseph Maynor

Oh the secret weapon - relativity - well done :)

If Ego and Projection are like a gun shots, Relativity is like a nuclear bomb.  

Boys and their weapons. Sigh... 

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

It's OUR enlightenment.

When you figure out how to make that work out for us, let me know. xD

Yes, but I was just making a point to unblock a certain kind of trap.  Indeed.  The Ego-Mind's hard-lines blur when love is present and abundant.

To be more accurate, I just have a different kind of social life than most people consider a social life. My social life is through my work.

For example you might ask if the Buddha or Gandhi had a social life. And the answer is, their social life was everything that revolved around their life's work. The same goes for me, except with the added wrinkle that we now live in the digital age, where the notion of "social" has expanded to include all of the activity happening through digital communication.

If you include digital communication, my social life is quite significant.

The very definition of "social life" is flexible and relative and changes across the ages.

If you mean, do I go to the bar and drink beers with people, or attend dinner parties, or go bowling with friends? Definitely not. Such things are not interesting to me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To be more accurate, I just have a different kind of social life than most people consider a social life. My social life is through my work.

For example you might ask if the Buddha or Gandhi had a social life. And the answer is, their social life was everything that revolved around their life's work. The same goes for me, except with the added wrinkle that we now live in the digital age, where the notion of "social" has expanded to include all of the activity happening through digital communication.

The very definition of "social life" is flexible and relative and changes across the ages.

If you mean, do I go to the bar and drink beers with people, or attend dinner parties, or go bowling with friends? Definitely not. Such things are not interesting to me.

Thats what i was referring to as well.  Going to bars for beers and pickup.

After becoming conscious of certain "Absolutes" this becomes meaningless.

Relativity aside you will become more conscious and look for deeper connections to reality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Going to bars for beers and pickup.

What's wrong with this?  The Ego-Mind is imposing a block and lock.  A self-imposed limitation.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

if it's too personal no need to answer but do you still go out to do pick up and meet girls? do plan to get married and start a family?

26 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Going to bars for beers and pickup.

Well, sex and intimacy are still meaningful to me. But the process of chasing after it is not.

21 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What's wrong with this?  The Ego-Mind is imposing a block and lock.  A self-imposed limitation.

21 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What's wrong with this?

You would need an awakening to Oneness.  You could still do it but you would be tricking yourself the entire time.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, sex and intimacy are still meaningful to me. But the process of chasing after it is not.

You gotta re-program yourself to learn to love the process.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You would need an awakening to Oneness.  You could still do it but you would be tricking yourself the entire time.

What about worrying about what you need?  I'm fine.  You need me to be like you.  See?  This stuff is tricky!  Tricky tricky!  The Ego-Mind wants everybody to be like me so I get to feel right, safe and secure, and feel more comfortable in the world.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You gotta re-program yourself to learn to love the process.

That would actually be inauthentic and untruthful for me.

@Joseph Maynor it’s difficult to explain but it’s not loving it because it exists. It’s loving it as it exists.