peqkno

Visuals for the first time with no psychedelics

25 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I experienced this kind of visuals for the first time:
Wood.gif

By no means have I meditated diligently for a long time, also I haven't done any psychedelics, so it freaked me out a little that it was happening. :S I set a timer and it wasn't even 20 minutes in as far as I remember. 

What I ate before that (it may have some relevance, although I doubt it) were some algae (high in iodine, associated to the 3rd eye) and some chocolate (maybe 25 grams).

Insights I had before seeing the visuals:
- there is no distance/space between what I think of as me and the observed
(and Leo's latest video on Authority was still processing in my mind)

Why do you think those visuals appeared? 
Also I've been reading about empths and consider that that label may apply to me.

Have a great day!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I've listening to music (psychedelic rock, psydub, ....) before meditation, so I was "in the mood" before sitting down.

Edited by peqkno

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

I don't know what caused the hallucinations, but I know you should talk about it to a qualified health professional.

Hallucinating while sober isn't something that is supposed to happen.

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

3 minutes ago, FredFred said:

I don't know what caused the hallucinations, but I know you should talk about it to a qualified health professional.

Hallucinating while sober isn't something that is supposed to happen

Hypnogogic images is a well known fact among lucid dreamers. No need to contact a professional. 

@peqkno you were experiencing hypnogogic imagery.  The wood grain texture MIGHT be some kind of symbolism where your subconscious is communicating with you, or it's just completely random.  I've seen carpet texture as if my face was lying directly on floor. Didn't take much meaning from it though. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance I don't think he experienced the wood texture. Just the moving or breathing of the object he was looking at. I experience it as well, don't know what is is or if it means anything though?

20 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@seeking_brilliance I don't think he experienced the wood texture. Just the moving or breathing of the object he was looking at. I experience it as well, don't know what is is or if it means anything though?

Well he said the visuals appeared, not that he had eyes open and saw the paneling on walls breathing... But I could be wrong

@seeking_brilliance

I had eyes open while facing a wooden closet.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

If you stare long enough at the carpet without blinking your eyes, you will see it start to melt and wave around.

You can also notice neon tips.

I mean sober. Usually sober people just overlook psychedelic effects in their visual field. It is filtered out as irrelevant to survival. But it's right there under the surface.

If I sit down and meditate for 10 minutes my carpet starts to wave.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you stare long enough at the carpet without blinking your eyes, you will see it start to melt and wave around.

You can also notice neon tips.

I mean sober. Usually sober people just overlook psychedelic effects in their visual field. It is filtered out as irrelevant to survival. But it's right there under the surface.

If I sit down and meditate for 10 minutes my carpet starts to wave.

Yes whenever I stare at the ground sober it waves, when i look at an object it looks like its made of light or pixie dust, sometimes i see insects crawling on the ground when others dont see it, and it's been like that for decades. In the past I just passed it off as irrelevant or my eyes are playing up. I've never contemplated the possibility that it's real.

My visual field has changed quite a bit since i started doing psychedelics. Especially how close objects come into focus.

And just like you, if i stare at something for a while it stops behaving like a material fixed object. Just like on shrooms.

When it's dark and I'm feeling tuned to the Infinite, I literally start seeing subtle fractal geometry at the center of my visual field. I also notice much more "visual noise" and I think my perception of color is permanently enhanced which is pretty nice.

I think it comes down to the insane amount of focus psychedelics give you that starts ripping through the veil of materialism. Also "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.".

So seeing shit without psychedelics sounds pretty normal to me if you meditate.

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

There was one time when I was sitting in my room and for some reason, I was staring at my bass guitar which was in front of me. After a few minutes, the neck of the guitar started to wave around and the more I stared at it, the freakier it got :D 

Funny thing is, I was completely sober (in fact I've never taken any psychedelic) and despite the fact that it was just a natural visual hallucination, my ego freaked out and I got legitimately scared for a short period of time.

Do these visuals have some sort of practical benefit in the practise? I have them almost instantly if I widen my visual awareness and focus on one single object or point at the same time.

2 hours ago, Neorez said:

Do these visuals have some sort of practical benefit in the practise? I have them almost instantly if I widen my visual awareness and focus on one single object or point at the same time.

No its very normal, in fact if you continue to stare your vision will go fuzzy and white. Eyes need movement, even just micro-movements, to register sight

21 hours ago, Antonius said:

I think it comes down to the insane amount of focus psychedelics give you that starts ripping through the veil of materialism. Also "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.".

Indeed

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I get some at night when I close my eyes. I get different geometry, patterns, etc. They are faint but they are there. 

23 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Yes whenever I stare at the ground sober it waves, when i look at an object it looks like its made of light or pixie dust, sometimes i see insects crawling on the ground when others dont see it, and it's been like that for decades.

Even before you've taken any psychedelics ever?

On 10.7.2019 at 2:49 PM, peqkno said:

I haven't done any psychedelics

What I actually meant was that I've haven't taken any, ever.
That's why it surprised me. I assumed you either have to have some experience with psychedelics or become really good at meditation.

22 hours ago, Antonius said:

When it's dark and I'm feeling tuned to the Infinite, I literally start seeing subtle fractal geometry at the center of my visual field. I also notice much more "visual noise" and I think my perception of color is permanently enhanced which is pretty nice.

• The weird moment when you look at your body and it's not your body.
  • The weird moment when everything you look at feels empty.
  • The weird moment when everything you feel seems like inside you, but also outside.

Never took a psychedelic, so yeah definitely possible.
Just take more curiosity and genuine inquiry.

CeWueETUAAE1wKc.jpg

9_9xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them