Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnd

Is consciousness more like focus or wisdom?

91 posts in this topic

In the context of  "one can raise his level of consciousness by the factor of N*1000", is consciousness more like

a) focus -->  lasts a short time, one can raise it for N minutes or hours like a focus. After this it goes back down

b) wisdom --> almost permanent, raised over long period of time, doesn't go away

c) both

?

Psychedelics imply that it's more like the #a

Edited by rnd

It can be both. In my case it's b. But with a especially with high doses of psychedelics you will be compelled to die. I haven't fully died yet, but I shall die. My history and current state of consciousness says so. It's just a matter of time/money before it happens. 

Consciousness IS God.

It is the substance of everything. 

And it is formless.

Thats what you ARE.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Consciousness is always present, there is nothing but consciousness. 

I think wisdom is same as knowledge, but of an existential kind.

In buddhist literature there is talk about the cultivation of wisdom,

after the experiential insight

through meditation.

Focus is a mental activity.

Consciousness is .... according to medical physiology book cns chapter, 

state of awareness.

I was quite shocked, because the definition of consciousness in a science book and spirituality books, 

is identical!

Is consciousness permanent like wisdom or short lived  like focus?

Well, how could consciousness be impermanent?

There is a term called loss of consciousness, which means the person faints and  he is no longer aware

Consciousness is what is left in your psyche when all the outside stimuli, memory, content of the world is dissolved or stripped away from it.

It is the bed rock of mental activity.

When you minus all the mental images, sounds, memory,

you are left with pure consciousness.

So here's the final conclusion

Consciousness is always present when you are awake , but it gets loaded by mental activity, so this purity of consciousness is lost.

Purity of consciousness is the goal of meditation.

When you sleep or black out, I think there is no awareness at all, so is there consciousness when you are asleep?

How can you be conscious while you have blacked out or asleep? Will you say that a person fast asleep is conscious?

Hence, consciousness is lost in sleep or blacking out.

Because unconsciousness sets in. 

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@rnd  Which consciousness are you talking about now? The Absolute, or the state in which you feel like you are perceiving the world from?

57 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@rnd  Which consciousness are you talking about now? The Absolute, or the state in which you feel like you are perceiving the world from?

Probably the 2nd. The one that's in "you can raise you level of consciousness 1000 times". Which one is this?

Edited by rnd

@Nahm yes nahm, do you see why every degree of enlightenment or type of enlightenment is perfect. The simple truth is non dual enlightenment is perfect for you, to do your reiki classes is perfect for you. Especially because of your family. Had you have had the need to pursuit higher truths than the one you already have. Then you would have lost your family and caused disruption for sure. Hence anybody at any state of enlightenment is perfect, if they wish to go to higher degrees then it is up to them. THEY as the human being, being REAL. Must inuitively decide what is the best course of action for themselves is

which means infinite love was perfect for you and your reiki classes. I would cry if I was you and thank god (the complete form of god) each of us is blessed with perfection, it just takes a while to see it. 

Its a different degree of infinite love than the one you already possess :)

Edited by Aakash

@Nahm  Possession = attachment = identification with X?

@rnd  I would say that you kind of have to make some effort (focus) in order to access higher consciousness states and then these kind of print into your bones and they become wisdom... It works like that for me. But I wouldn't say that in this context consciousness is focus or wisdom, you can probably get more nuanced and precise with words than that. But Consciousness with the capital C is both of course.

@bejapuskas Nice. I’d even add... thought about self / other, believed = identity / “separate self” = physical “things” / I’m a “thing” = Mortality = Fear = Possession = Attachment = Suffering. All because one claimed the consciousness. One thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

34 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Nahm The simple truth is non dual enlightenment is perfect for you, to do your reiki classes is perfect for you. Especially because of your family. Had you have had the need to pursuit higher truths than the one you already have. Then you would have lost your family and caused disruption for sure. Hence anybody at any state of enlightenment is perfect, if they wish to go to higher degrees then it is up to them. THEY as the human being, being REAL. Must inuitively decide what is the best course of action for themselves is

which means infinite love was perfect for you and your reiki classes. I would cry if I was you and thank god (the complete form of god) each of us is blessed with perfection, it just takes a while to see it. 

Its a different degree of infinite love than the one you already possess :)

@Nahm has recently been double certified at the Teal Carebear stage of enlightenment, which is a level higher than the generic nondual enlightenment level. 

To appeal this certification, one would need to petition the Court of Beyond Absolute Enlightened Masters.

@Serotoninluv ahhh the court always so humble beings. 

? being reiki’d into infinity it makes sense now where the forums care bare and laboratory proffessior with phd In metaphysics is coming from. 

Sincere love to you all

edit: lololololol what does that even look like ?, I can only imagine. 

Edited by Aakash

@Nahm  Mortality and fear are probably the biggest ones for me to explore. What about the merging of regular duality and the Ultimate Nonduality, is that not an even greater level of consciousness? I think Leo has talked about it like this in the past, but it has kind of faded away...

@Serotoninluv  Are you kidding? I was talking with Leo today about the demonstration of Love and I teased him, that he has become better at communicating, but Nahm is still the God of Love (someone else gave him this name long before me and I really liked it hahaha) and he said, that Nahm is a Carebear, after which I started thinking about the difference between what most people think by love (not the Absolute) - probably  acceptance is the best word here, and what I mean by love - focus, attentiveness and how too much complimenting/accepting of the other can actually lead to strengthening ones ego. (if someone „loves you too much“ to which Leo replied LOL)

Did he actually mean stage Teal super-master or the regular meaning of the word Carebear? xD 

Edit after Aakash answered: Who the hell is the Court, is that an inside joke that I am not getting? :D Sometimes I am just stupid... How was Nahm reiki'd into Infinity? (fuck fuck I am probably just stupid nevermind)

Edited by bejapuskas

@Nahm I can feel the carebear love all the way from here on my bed ?

lololol you literally just showed me the infinite form of love higher than mine. Thanks ! It opened up and I put it into being too ?

Edited by Aakash

@Serotoninluv wowoeowowwowowk yhats so coool!, I just got what you meant. That’s goals for me ?. What the hell stage is Leo Lololololol wtf 

im now conscious of what teal is! 

Edited by Aakash

@Nahm lololol nahm I know your meditating love to me, fucking stop it, it’s getting too much ? 

26 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Nahm yes nahm, do you see why every degree of enlightenment or type of enlightenment is perfect.

If there are degrees and types, it’s not enlightenment. 

The simple truth is non dual enlightenment is perfect for you, to do your reiki classes is perfect for you.

“It” can not be perfect for “you”, sans from the separate self perspective.

Especially because of your family. Had you have had the need to pursuit higher truths than the one you already have.

Truth is not higher or lower, nor a thing / possession one could “have”.

Then you would have lost your family and caused disruption for sure.

This is a deep root to be pulled. There is no duality there, sans a separate self perspective. It really reveals how beneficial meditation could be. 

Hence anybody at any state of enlightenment is perfect,

If there are states, it’s not enlightenment. 

if they wish to go to higher degrees then it is up to them.

If there are degrees, it’s not enlightenment. 

THEY as the human being, being REAL. Must inuitively decide what is the best course of action for themselves.

Keep seeking. Find out if that’s true. 

which means infinite love was perfect for you and your reiki classes. I would cry if I was you and thank god (the complete form of god) each of us is blessed with perfection, it just takes a while to see it 

You are me. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm it’ actually fucking stopped! LOOOL 

@Leo Gura @Serotoninluv  

Fuck metaphysics !! 

Ive found my calling in life, it’s reiki and love ?. This is actually the coolest thing you can do with your life, if your not chasing gods final form. 

@Nahm I’m leaving Leo’s school of teaching to become your student ? teach me the ways of the force!! 

Edited by Aakash

@Nahm LOOOOOOL! No way you mods are unbelievable. 

Is it complete or not ?