Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnd

Is consciousness more like focus or wisdom?

91 posts in this topic

@mandyjw lol i dont think theres ever a perfect way to tell somebody. Unless you perform a miracle, you can forget it. 

I like to think of it like this, were all a pain in the ass to those around us, but when we find the end! well become the plasters to their wounds. 

I'm not sure how i could ever rectify telling my parents that my ego has dissolved quite a bit. Its hinders their illusion. 

Now i'm at a cross roads 

still i'm sure ill find a way out of it

it sounds to me, like the preaching hasn't gotten you very far lol 

Consciousness may not have states, degrees or levels but what gives the perspective of them is unawareness. As an example the ego sees separation through identifying because it is unaware of being one.

So when someone would say they are raising consciousness it is through becoming aware by transcending unawareness.

When we refer to attention, focus, understanding, wisdom and such things these are expressions  of consciousness.

Edited by SOUL

@Nahm who is saying the paradox is my illusion?

Do you see how the loop is inescapable?

You are yourself.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Nahm isness my brotha...words turn in on themselves here..isness is itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@rnd What is consciousness? What is awareness? If you contemplate on these questions, you will get revelations of what they really are. And the longer you contemplate them the more you are likely to grasp what they really are.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:41 PM, SOUL said:

Consciousness may not have states, degrees or levels but what gives the perspective of them is unawareness. As an example the ego sees separation through identifying because it is unaware of being one.

So when someone would say they are raising consciousness it is through becoming aware by transcending unawareness.

When we refer to attention, focus, understanding, wisdom and such things these are expressions  of consciousness.

So how would you describe brain fog, monday morning grogginess, or being drunk? When I'm in these states I'm very afraid to see that the true self as consciousness is not there, and observe like my organic body is a piece of meat acting on autopilot.

In my opinion there are degrees of consciousness depending of the amount of data or stimulus being aware of.

If I take a coffe, a stimulant or amphetamine my alertness will be 100%, and I'll be present in the moment like in focused meditation.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:08 AM, Moreira said:

So how would you describe brain fog, monday morning grogginess, or being drunk? When I'm in these states I'm very afraid to see that the true self as consciousness is not there, and observe like my organic body is a piece of meat acting on autopilot.

In my opinion there are degrees of consciousness depending of the amount of data or stimulus being aware of.

If I take a coffe, a stimulant or amphetamine my alertness will be 100%, and I'll be present in the moment like in focused meditation.

Well, attention isn't really an equivalent of awareness since we can have much attention on a specific something while simultaneously being unaware of the broader perspective.

The physical limitations you are talking about effect attention, focus, alertness and things like that but we can do or take things that will improve them without actually expanding awareness.

These 'degrees' of awareness aren't defined levels or anything like that, all you are doing is stratifying it yourself, it doesn't have any inherent degrees, levels or any separations.

Even unawareness isn't a separate thing from awareness, its merely the absence of awareness and doesn't exist as a thing on its own.

Edited by SOUL

@rnd i don't think it's linear or as black and white as your portraying. For me consciousness feels like empty presence. Not something you can "do" or "look at" or "detect" because anything that exists, exists only because it is seen, but what does the seeing? And can this be seen? And if so, by whom is THIS seen? Do not look for this, look *from* this. 

Edited by Aaron p