Devansh Saharan

Sadhguru on psychedelics.

241 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@abrakamowse Imagine if Sadhguru read this thread O.o9_9xD

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I don't think many gurus are fond of the idea of temporary enlightenment to fuel the pursuit of permanent enlightenment.

Psychedelics are tricky and unpredictable. Meditation is relatively more stable.

@Shadowraix Psychedelics are good medicine, they just need to be used correctly and not for more than a few times, along with teaching and rewiring your body to create it's own joy and bliss in the process of yoga, breathwork, mindfulness etc. If someone becomes addicted or reliant on a drug then the spiritual path is not for them because it shows their dependency. If there are people that want to find safer psychedelics then that's a research field in itself, and it should be treated as such.

2 hours ago, Girzo said:

No. Just no. Can we stop spreading false scientific theories? 5-MeO being produced purposefully in the body is a bold claim and I am not aware of any evidence that proves it.

Yes, it's a cool guess, but don't state it as a fact, please.

I believe that the brain does produce DMT. Scientists seem very confused and ignorant about the pineal gland in general. 

https://beckleyfoundation.org/2017/07/05/do-our-brains-produce-dmt-and-if-so-why/

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I am conflicted about this topic because I had a natural awakening, which isn't something I would ever wish upon my younger self. However people's lives and maturity levels are so different so who am I to say who is ready for an experience and who isn't? I think that the best we can do is teach people how to be keenly aware of their inner guidance system, which meditation and a still mind encourages. Even with a natural awakening, it's really difficult to not miss those samadhi states of being and you've returned to daily life. It's really difficult not to want to think about them, figure our what and how it happened and not to talk about it constantly. xD Even though I wasn't able to sleep through the night and the whole process with really disruptive to my day to day life, it's pretty damn hard to forget. With psychedelics those experiences can be revisited whenever one wants. When you miss the magic of day to day life because you're missing a memory of an experience, or if you think there is a future insight waiting that will unlock the world for you, you've missed the entire purpose and magic of being.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because if that happened they'd all soon realize they are full of shit.

xD Is that why we are all so isolated? We're all pretenders? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 hours ago, Moreira said:

The guy/girl who asked Sadghuru this kind of questions in a big audience have zero social awareness and then the guru responded with a "canned response" because every person is in a different stage of their spiritual path., and he doesnt want to be so irresponsible to recommend some psychedelic to a newbie. probably in private he would explain his experiencies more openly.

Yeah agree, he is a very wise and responsible person. But also it is just hard to completely confirm his view on this whole topic since most of us are not nearly as conscious as him. We gotta do the work 

3 hours ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Chi_ Adiyogi is a gift, because he mastered the entire school of yoga already. People just don't appreciate he's done all the homework. 

Yeah indeed :) 

I am also curious if you have heard of the story of Adiyogi outside of any Sadhguru sources? I am sure it is recorded in history but I just came to know about the whole story that, all schools of spirituality stemmed from him, only through Sadhguru.

Edited by Chi_

Just now, Nahm said:

Anybody know which psychedelics he has done?

Zero, since he always says that he has never touched any substances (drugs) in his life

1 hour ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Shadowraix Psychedelics are good medicine, they just need to be used correctly and not for more than a few times, along with teaching and rewiring your body to create it's own joy and bliss in the process of yoga, breathwork, mindfulness etc. If someone becomes addicted or reliant on a drug then the spiritual path is not for them because it shows their dependency. If there are people that want to find safer psychedelics then that's a research field in itself, and it should be treated as such.

I never denied their potential. I use them myself. They are the reason I got on this path. But I don't see a guru going out of their way to recommend such a dangerous method as compared to meditation and self inquiry. You may be one step away from seeing the truth, but you may also be one step away from damaging your mental health and the blame will be shifted to the one who recommended it. It's not smart to recommend it to just anybody. 

@Nahm  Yes but due to his history of deep mystical background and as a realized yogi, people tend to take his word on such matters seriously. Hence this whole discussion. But I clearly see where you are coming from :)

@Shadowraix I never did, I'm not sure if you've realised yet but it's better to raise conciousness on certain things. So that people know that they don't need to smoke up in the first place.

Edited by Anton_Pierre

2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

I don't think many gurus are fond of the idea of temporary enlightenment to fuel the pursuit of permanent enlightenment.

Psychedelics are tricky and unpredictable. Meditation is relatively more stable.

Thats like saying you dont need a hammer if you have a screwdriver.

They are two different things with different uses ;)

13 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Shadowraix I never did, I'm not sure if you've realised yet but it's better to raise conciousness on certain things. So that people know that they don't need to smoke up in the first place.

Like I said, I am just speculating why gurus won't talk much about it so willy nilly. 

Funny how Sadhguru has no problem riding a sports car, motorcycle, airplane, or helicopter rather than using his legs, but then has a problem with using technology to travel within one's own mind.

That's a rather materialistic view of technology.

If he is such an inner engineer, why neglect the most powerful inner engineering tools?

None of his programs will change you as much as a few psychedelic trips will.

The most powerful technology is spiritual technology. The most advanced guru is psychedelics.

You will never meet a human guru more powerful than 5-MeO-DMT.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Drugs can damage the yogic system. 

Sure you may use them initally, however they are seductive by nature.

A spiritual man must never be seduced or else you'll end up like Mooji, lol (I don't know if that story is true or not)

It's better to build up to it in a pleasant way through building up the breath overtime in your system, so you will progress at a rate that doesn't make you imbalanced and psychotic.

It also instils disipline which is very much required for spiritual seekers, to do the spiritual practices.

The average person wanting to do phycedelics should minimun do 5 years of natural spiritual practices. 

You don't put a noobie to the gym on steroids.  

When talking about the third eye Sadhguru will sometimes talk about people smoking pot. He says that "whether you do yoga or smoke pot the big thing is opening your third eye". He also says he isn't against anything that works. So Sadhguru is aware that drugs are legit part of some spiritual paths but he deems it an inappropriate path for the masses. To volunteer in his ashram you have to be psychedelic free for at least 6 months.

What I say about psychedelics is that it is unclear whether peak experiences, be it of samhadi, non-duality or however you describe them, work toward your ultimate well being. Leo for instance states that the most important thing for him is to understand inner workings of reality but he doesn't realize that this doesn't necessarily mean much as he will have to let go of that knowledge when he dies, he's making the unwise move of creating a source of cling. He fails to integrate the significance of those trips in the greater context of the rebirth wheel. I can imagine few outcomes to Leo's path :

- He dies of old age. Maybe he will be like Martin Balls or Chris Bache and decide to stop at some point or maybe he'll be like that chemist that did hundreds of different psychedelics into old ages. We'll say of him that he lived a life as a psychonaut. Now how will this life impact his futures lives and in betweens life and rebirth ? We don't know, we can imagine that after having those experiences he will be more resilient to experiencing infinity (I remember that between death and rebirth I sometimes hit points where I experience everything, like all people on earth at once and I panic and lose awareness), or less resilient because he wasn't able to live life without the help of psychoactive drugs, like any junky basically. Maybe those trips are messing his soul in ways we don't imagine. Or we can say that he's just enjoying his life with those trips and it won't make much difference whether he lives like this or otherwise.

- During a trip he finds himself unable to come back to his body and dies for the world. If he panicks that would be hell, if he rejoice blissfully that would be heaven. Sounds random, but can we say that dying after a life of no psychedelics is any less random ?

- So far his trips seem non transformative. Despite claiming that he hits ever deeper trips for a year now did he really transform ? When Sadhguru talks about his enlightenment he says that in a matter of few month his 23y old self was a very far away already. Would you say that Leo's vasana smells differently over the years ? So one outcome possible is that after experiencing ever increasingly deep trips he will hit a truth so powerful that it will indeed transform him. That is the hope of most psychonauts but I've yet to know of someone for whom it happened. But maybe his transformation was progressive and anyway he was already a successful teacher so there is not much to transform appart from fine tuning his style and teachings.